Car rental

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 May 2007 12:00 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Sharon,

Check out centauro car hire. You can book online and also they have a facility for you to speed book your details through so no form filling in when you get there. One of you head for the car rental office and one head for the luggage pick up and you'll be out of there before you know it. .  We usually top up the tank before return and they have started a new thing now, when you drive into centauro bay a girl takes the keys so no faffing about at the office and money is automatically put back into your bank account. We have used others but weren't too happy with one which gives the best deals as it was Aguiras (spelling might not be quite right)  but there was a bit of a kerfuffle as they take you in a mini bus outside of airport and luckily we had already checked in, but others hadn't and the mini bus to take back to airport was a long time arriving. There were some very angry people, just hope they didn't miss their flight. Don't mean to put anyone off and maybe this was a one off episode but it was just an experience that put us off shopping around for other rental firms. As I say this was our experience but I'm sure you will be fine. Not a party pooper honest

Like 0      
12 May 2007 3:17 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Have used Auriga Crown many times with no problems whatsoever - just allow a bit more time for the mini-bus trip. Always very helpful, most of them speak English, decent new cars, full to full fuelling. Watch Goldcar at Murcia - they pre-charge over 70 euros for a full tank (about a third more than a Focus takes) and return it empty!

I always book on doyouspain.com (sorry Justin) and get some excellent deals AND fully comprehensive insurance - most important, I think.

Steve.

Steve.

Like 0      
12 May 2007 8:41 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
19 May 2007 8:54 PM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

Hi anyone used carjet?

They are by far the most reasonable for what we need but wondered if anyone could comment on their service.

Thanks

Adios!!!!!!!

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
19 May 2007 8:56 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Tina,

No haven't tried them, tell us more.

Gina

Like 0      
19 May 2007 9:00 PM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar
Well we need a car for a month and got a family renault car for £369 which i think is quite good but on a review website carjet has very mixed reviews so thought i would ask on here!!!

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
19 May 2007 9:03 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Carjet are an "introduction" company.  When you book a car, they will give you the cheapest quote they can find for the day.  We have used them many times and have been given Auriga, Centauro and Record cars.  If you don't like the company they quote you for, you can e-mail to change it to one you like.  We were given one from a (can't remember the name) van parked up on the roof at Alicante airport once and had to pay to get out of the carpark unlike the others who have their own areas.  There is also Doyouspain which is a similar thing.  You won't get the big companies like Hertz or Avis because of the higher costs.

At Murcia airport, you have to get a bus to the holding area to pick up the car.  You also drop the car off there and bus back to the airport.

Like 0      
19 May 2007 9:14 PM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar
Oh right i see!! So if you have used them many times im assuming you are happy with the service!! Thanks

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
19 May 2007 9:26 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Tina.

I posted a couple of threads back about centauro and why we like them. Did doyouspain and first time was europcar but after the kerfuffle with Auriga and late mini bus did put us off a bit. Bobaol, thanks for that didn't realise you could e mail them and change if not the one you like, that's interesting. We fly to Murcia and centauro has it's office in luggage pick up. Know I should shop around,but I am a typical Taurus and don't like change LOL.

Like 0      
19 May 2007 9:53 PM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

I had a look at centauro but they couldnt give me a quote for a whole month so didnt get very far with them. might give them a ring. Thanks!!

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
19 May 2007 11:10 PM by Hallam Star rating in San Cayetano . 109 posts Send private message

Hi Tina

I too have used Carjet on a number of occasions for both Malaga and Murcia (like you to visit Hacienda San Cayetano) and each time the rate has been good, it has been good quality cars with on Airport collection and return. No complaints at all, in fact just booked another one with them for Malaga in a couple of weeks time.

Regards

Dave

Like 0      
20 May 2007 12:13 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Tina

A whole month? You lucky thing. Thanks to all who have posted all info, I think I will start shopping around in future.

Like 0      
20 May 2007 7:10 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Have you tried getting a quite using CarTrawler?  Like CarJet they are an introducer company but usually have excellent rates.

http://www.eyeonspain.com/car-hire-rentals.aspx

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
20 May 2007 8:59 AM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

HI Justin, Hallam, bobaol & candyfloss

Tried the site Justin gave me but due to wrong settings on my pc couldnt get a quote (my fault).

Ive heard enough now about carjet along with some other reviews so i think we will book with them. Thanks for all your help.

Out of interest how far from Murcia airport is it then in the bus to go and pick the car up ? Bobaol said the cars are not kept at airport and you have to travel to get them.... are we talking along way or just up the road..... only wondering as we get there at night!!!

Many thanks guys

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
20 May 2007 9:02 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

hi all, don't know if the company i use would be called an introducer or an agent but they've never let me down so far.  I usually get cars through them from goldcar europa or solmar , but they will look across every available company.  I know I can rely on them which is why I use them all the time - even if I need to book just before flying - that's ok they say - we'll send you the bill - pay when you come back!   The rates are normally better than direct bookings and when I collect the car I regularly benefit from free upgrades because I've booked through them.   Personal service, attention to detail and will sort out any queries with the hire companies straight away. Highly recommended.

The company is AMS-Travel, based in Scotland.  Tel 08707 40 66 33  or website www.ams-link.co.uk  or www.villalink.com

Jane

Like 0      
20 May 2007 9:14 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi Tina  - see my last post - try Graham Arnott at AMS-Travel - he is so helpful.  You can only choose from a category of car, not the car itself, but you can usually change it on collection if the hire company has others available.  The mini bus thing is stressful - had to do it once - through AMS - when everything else based at Murcia airport was sold out.  It's not far away - to roundabout outside the airport then turn right onto San Javier road and it's on the left.  The distance isn't the issue.  It's the collection and  delivery of all the passengers - waiting for more to fill the bus - waiting while they have a chat etc etc which is so frustrating on return when you're anxious to get checked in. 

Good luck.  Jane  

Jane

Like 0      
20 May 2007 9:38 AM by Mikenmandy Star rating in Dewsbury, Yorkshire .... 232 posts Send private message

Mikenmandy´s avatar

Tinasolera

The companies we've used through Carjet have all had their cars at either San Javier or Alicante, which ever airport we've used. Carjet get use Centauro, Goldcar etc and are then able to pass on some of their discount for bulk buying. Having booked through Carjet you then receive a voucher for whichever company they've booked through, then you deal with the appropriate company when you arrive at the airport.

Mike

Like 0      
20 May 2007 11:34 AM by frankymc Star rating in Blackburn, Gaurdamar.... 2 posts Send private message

We have used holiday autos. They find you the cheapest company on the day. we find them cheaper than carjet and the others. May only be a couple of  pounds cheaper but it all helps. The website is www.holidayautos.co.uk 

Like 0      
20 May 2007 12:44 PM by jamesellisllb Star rating in Newcastle upon Tyne. 35 posts Send private message

On my last couple of trips I've used Angus Hire to find me the best deals. They too were cheaper than Carjet. First time was with Centaura, second time was with Helle Hollis. Nice new cars, pick up and drop off at the airport - cheap and no fuss.

One tip - don't make the mistake I made. You pick the car up with a full tank for which you pay the cost of the fuel and I thought you got a refund for the petrol in the car when it is returned, in my case half a tank, - wrong. You only get the refund if the car goes back with a full tank.

Like 0      
20 May 2007 1:28 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Out of interest how far from Murcia airport is it then in the bus to go and pick the car up ? Bobaol said the cars are not kept at airport and you have to travel to get them.... are we talking along way or just up the road..... only wondering as we get there at night!!!

Not all the car companies are off airport at Murcia.  Some have their car pickup on the airport but others, like Auriga, are up the road a bit (not far but can be a nuisance waiting for the bus to fill up).  Others have the cars on airport until a certain time (not sure but if you land after 9pm some of them close and you have to go to the pickup point.  Centauro and Goldcar are definitely on site at Murcia.  I use Carjet and DoYouSpain and get the same level of service and take the cheapest quote if they have similar cars available.  If you are going to Alicante, they are all on site and, because they are smaller companies, the waiting time is very small, if any.  Hertz and Avis desks usually have big queues but, again, depends on the time of day you get there.  Also Hertz sometimes have special offers on so it's worth checking them for a quote now and again although they do tend to be a bit more expensive.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Dont Panic - 69 posts
Paths on our complex - 1 posts
Missing Posting - Janice (Jeansis) - 3 posts
Maddie - 2 posts
aguas nuevas altos del sol - 1 posts
Bristol to Paris with Air France just launched from 11th June. - 0 posts
UK Estate Agents! - 8 posts
jet ski for sale. - 1 posts
How to buy property in Spain - 2 posts
Any Electricians (or Electricistas) On The Forum? - 11 posts
snagging - 8 posts
Transporting Pets to Spain - 14 posts
Licences - 6 posts
Crazy or wot ?? - 2 posts
Miraflores contact? - 0 posts
Where can I keep a jet ski? - 13 posts
parador properties entregolf area - 3 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL ELVIRIA DISTRICT - 0 posts
Aldea Beach Manilva - 1 posts
Macro - 9 posts
Madeleine McCann, aged 3, abducted in Portugal - 136 posts
Take advantage of my ads - 3 posts
Is it as bad as we are all lead to beleive!!? - 50 posts
Patio door security gates & window grille for sale - Costa Blanca - 9 posts
Long term rental - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 63

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x