Dont Panic

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 May 2007 12:00 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Did you know anything about this?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/main.jhtml?xml=/property/2007/05/12/pcosta112.xml

It sems a bit harsh.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
12 May 2007 11:27 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/19/2007.

Like 0      
12 May 2007 11:39 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

I agree you have to pay tax on your rental, which we will do on the odd time we will be letting, but it was the way they said they were breaking the law by letting it out by not having the right licenses that scared me.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
12 May 2007 5:01 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
How do we know if our Urb has the right licenses?  Our address is   Residencial *******************. Does this signify we are residential or tourist? Our Habitation license doesn't say.  Help from someone knowledgeable PLEASE!!! 

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
12 May 2007 5:08 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Just an addition to me last post...........is this lisence for property renting relevent to all areas?  I am on Costa Blanca.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
13 May 2007 9:50 PM by gtcstudio Star rating in Berkshire. 4 posts Send private message

gtcstudio´s avatar
Hi , searched the internet looking into this for you.

The only article I could find was relating to Barcelona.

the full article can be found on.
http://www.spanishpropertyinsight.com/barcelona_property_guide_4.htm
I hope its ok to put this link as its thier article and thier copyright.

Like all information on the web you should get it verified before taking it as gospal. A lesson the British Goverment should have learned.

"
New regulations have been introduced which make it difficult to rent out property in Barcelona on a short-term basis to tourists. If renting out is part of your plan, be sure to have a lawyer check what you can do with a property before you buy it. The regulations are complex, and vary from district to district. Generally speaking, you can only rent out property to tourists (legally) if you have a licence from the town hall. In the popular old town district the town hall will not grant any more licences, so buying a property that already has a licence is your only option. In other areas, there are different conditions that determine when a licence will be granted. And in all areas of Barcelona, you must have a permit from the regional government to engage in this activity if you are to do it legally. People may tell you that these licences aren’t important, and that everyone rents out regardless. You would be wise to ignore these people, and check everything on this subject with your lawyer before buying. Bear in mind that, if you try to rent without a permit, you risk being reported to the authorities (neighbours unhappy with rowdy tourists usually oblige on this front), and if anything happens to a tourist staying in your apartment without licences, you could be in serious trouble."

I this helps a bit

D

This message was last edited by gtcstudio on 5/13/2007.

Like 0      
13 May 2007 10:11 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
13 May 2007 11:04 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Many Thanks Jeansis.

The situation doesn't affect me either since I live here all the time but lots of the apartments here are rented out and as you know, I have a close ( ! ) relationship with our Presidente, so usually try to find out all I can about what's happening.

The article is very worrying tho. I printed it off by 'copy and paste', which as a computer illiterate surprised me!!

Thamks again and I haven't forgotten about the coffee meeting or Indian meal!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
13 May 2007 11:28 PM by spotshouse Star rating in Poole, Dorset/Balsic.... 52 posts Send private message

I'm sorry - I don't understand this.

Why does the Spanish Government tax all of us for property rental [even if we rent or not]  if most of us are not allowed to do it?  And they assume we all do. If they want to tax everyone for rental income perhaps they should allow these licences.  Or are they hoping to make more money out of the fines?

Letting our properties as holiday rentals brings massive income into Spain by way of taxes and tourism.  If they want us leave why don't they make it even more harder to buy.  Are they happy to take IVA etc on illegal builds and then say they are illegal and have to be knocked down?

We only want to let for 3 years until we can move out permanently but now I am thinking, although I love the lifestyle and the friendliness of the common on the street Spaniard, do I really want to move here permanently any more? 

Does this make any sense? Have I got in too deep?

Like 0      
13 May 2007 11:47 PM by hudsey Star rating in Hexham, Northumberla.... 120 posts Send private message

hudsey´s avatar

Spotshouse,  I know what you mean.  I was under in impression that as long as you paid the taxes there was no problem.  We are due to complete in two weeks and this is the first I have heard of this.  Very worrying.  Surely, they can't tax us for something that we not allowed to do.

Like 0      
13 May 2007 11:57 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
14 May 2007 12:35 AM by ef Star rating in Oxfordshire / Casare.... 150 posts Send private message

Could we have a Spanish lawyers opinion on this article, please?

Like 0      
14 May 2007 12:45 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
14 May 2007 10:52 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

I have just had MRI on the phone with an answer to my email regarding the new laws, they seem to think everything is ok as long as we have the habitation license.  They are going to confirm it later.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
14 May 2007 10:56 AM by ef Star rating in Oxfordshire / Casare.... 150 posts Send private message

I had a look on the forums in andalucia.com and spanishpropertyinsight and they have threads about this Telegraph article, but it seems it is actually an old law, not a new law, just one that hasn't been enforced?

Like 0      
14 May 2007 11:06 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
14 May 2007 11:10 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
14 May 2007 11:21 AM by ef Star rating in Oxfordshire / Casare.... 150 posts Send private message

I would be interested in the answer from your numerous Presidents, JeansSis, although I think the only correct answer would be from a good lawyer. I would also be interested in hearing how your urb works with several Presidents, as we have the first of 4 AGMs coming up and many owners are worried about the multiple-Presidents-on-one-site issue, but that's probably another thread....

And yes, I appreciate that it could be an old law that someone has decided to enforce, I've also read somewhere over the weekend, but can't remember where, that the Bank of Spain still wants property prices lower, enforcing this law would be a good way of achieving that!

Thank you!

Like 0      
14 May 2007 11:38 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
14 May 2007 11:50 AM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Phew - did I say street value 50% - by changing Casares del Sol from  closed holiday complex to an open public residential  urbanisation the authorities have reduced values to Bulgarian levels or less, haven't they?

No wonder there is no market at all for resales.

Will you be completing now I wonder???

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Paths on our complex - 1 posts
Missing Posting - Janice (Jeansis) - 3 posts
Maddie - 2 posts
aguas nuevas altos del sol - 1 posts
Bristol to Paris with Air France just launched from 11th June. - 0 posts
UK Estate Agents! - 8 posts
jet ski for sale. - 1 posts
How to buy property in Spain - 2 posts
Any Electricians (or Electricistas) On The Forum? - 11 posts
snagging - 8 posts
Transporting Pets to Spain - 14 posts
Licences - 6 posts
Crazy or wot ?? - 2 posts
Miraflores contact? - 0 posts
Where can I keep a jet ski? - 13 posts
parador properties entregolf area - 3 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL ELVIRIA DISTRICT - 0 posts
Aldea Beach Manilva - 1 posts
Macro - 9 posts
Madeleine McCann, aged 3, abducted in Portugal - 136 posts
Take advantage of my ads - 3 posts
Is it as bad as we are all lead to beleive!!? - 50 posts
Patio door security gates & window grille for sale - Costa Blanca - 9 posts
Long term rental - 5 posts
Breakdown cover AA,? Green Flag ? or a good Spainish one...... - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 70

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x