Madeleine McCann, aged 3, abducted in Portugal

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 May 2007 12:00 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Last Thursday three year old Madeleine McCann was abducted from her bedroom in Praia da Luz in south-west Portugal whilst her parents dined at a restaurant close by in the same complex. Maddie will be four this coming Saturday. Apparently, the Portugese police did not inform the Spanish border guards until 12 hours after her disappearance so it is possible that she could have been taken into Spain.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/mediaFile/0,,2003453782,00.PDF

I think the majority of us are saying / thinking her parents shouldn't have left Maddie & her younger two siblings in an apartment without constant supervision, whatever the circumstances. I'm not going to comment on this. Judging them won't help. Some reports say the parents or a member of their eight adult party checked every 15 mins on the kiddies, other reports say every half an hour, other reports say they left the children at 8pm, checked at 9pm & it was at 10pm they realised that Maddie was missing. Maybe other members of the party also left children unattended whilst they, too, had dinner. ( Newspapers will say anything to sell them. )

The truth is a beautiful child, Maddie, is missing.

Like many others I have been touched by this story. I pray that she is found and reunited with her family soon.

I trust everyone feels the video below is appropriate.

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/9/2007.

Like 0      
09 May 2007 3:48 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar
Maddie appeal

Like 0      
09 May 2007 3:49 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar
A prayer for Maddie XX

Like 0      
09 May 2007 3:55 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Janice,

Nice to see you here again.

We have been "chatting" about this subject here:

http://www.eyeonspain.com/Secure/ForumPosts.aspx?thread=365&dev=FB11&name=General%20chit%20chat

Rgds,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
09 May 2007 3:58 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Janice,

I cannot watch that!

I have a 4 year old myself and that brings a lump to my throat.

Kinda puts everybodies problems in perspective!

Glad to see you back.

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
09 May 2007 3:59 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Janice, I cried watching these.  I cannot ever imagine being in the place where her parents are now.  It is a parent's worst nightmare and more and makes my stomach turn every time I think about it.

I, for sure, will be sending this to everyone in my address book, as the parents wish.  I pray for that little girl and cannot stop thinking about her.

With all due respect, Fibby, I believe Janice has started this thread in order that we will all pass this on, and not to chat about.

This message was last edited by Pitby on 5/9/2007.

Like 0      
09 May 2007 4:12 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Jan, I broke down too. I remember my 4 yr old niece, Julie, getting "lost" on Weston Sands one summer. One second she was there, the next .. gone.  Thankfully someone took her to the First Aid tent & we were all reunited. Weston has been giving out special wristbands in the summer (those same idea as what you wear in hospital) with room for parents to write a mobile number in indelible ink.

Georgia, I  understand your feelings, I guess everyone with kiddies feels the same. (Not that we have a family but I feel, nevertheless)

Fibby, yes I had read other messages.

Like 0      
09 May 2007 4:34 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Justin, well done putting this on the home page - no one can miss it.

Like 0      
09 May 2007 4:36 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I've just put this on our home page www.eyeonspain.com

I feel like I really want to do something to help.  My mum who's " a bit out there" told me yesterday that she'd had a premonition that Maddie was in Spain now and has been made to look like a boy.  Then I read what Janice wrote and realised maybe my mum isn't as mad as I thought she was.

Let's all pray that she is found safe and well very soon.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
09 May 2007 5:54 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Great this is on the home page now, thanks Justin.

Pitby, I know what you mean, this isn't a "discussion", it's an appeal that could really help which is fantastic.

I too will be sending the video appeal out to all my contacts.

Thanks for putting it on EOS JeanSis, cos' unless people look at YouTube, which I don't, then this could have been missed by many, well done!

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
10 May 2007 9:24 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

well done justin/janice, good to see this on here. ANYTHING  that could help is worth a try.

Like 0      
10 May 2007 12:37 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar
“Prayer For The Children” 
  Ina Hughs
Newspaper Reporter for the Knoxville News
Author of the book:  A Prayer For Children

AND WE PRAY FOR THE SAFE RETURN OF MADELEINE McCANN

We pray for the children who sneak Popsicles before supper, who erase holes in math workbooks, who can never find their shoes. And we pray for those who stare at photographers from behind barbed wire, who can't bound down the street in a new pair of sneakers, who never "counted potatoes," who never go to the circus, who live in an X-rated world.

We pray for children who bring us sticky kisses and fistfuls of dandelions, who hug us in a hurry and forget their lunch money. And we pray for those who never get dessert, who have no safe blanket to drag behind them, who watch their parents watch them die, who can't find any bread to steal, who don't have any rooms to clean up, whose pictures aren't on anybody's dresser, whose monsters are real. 

We pray for children who spend all their allowance before Tuesday, who throw tantrums in the grocery store and pick at their food, who like ghost stories, who shove dirty clothes under the bed, who never rinse out the tub, who get visits from the tooth fairy, who don't like to be kissed in front of the carpool, who squirm in church and scream in the phone, whose tears we sometimes laugh at and whose smiles can make us cry. 

And we pray for those whose nightmares come in the daytime, who will eat anything, who have never seen a dentist, who aren't spoiled by anybody, who go to bed hungry and cry themselves to sleep, who live and move, but have no being. We pray for children who want to be carried and for those who must, who we never give up on and for those who don't get a second chance. For those we smother and...for those who will grab the hand of anybody kind enough to offer it.

Like 0      
10 May 2007 2:22 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Nice thought janice,i do fear the worst though,i do really hope i am wrong.

Say one for me!!

Regards

GEORGIA

Like 0      
10 May 2007 2:54 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Sky News reports "a major development". Maddie's parents have been taken away by police.

Apparently someone saw a male photographing his daughter at a nearby resort recently & chased him away & has confirmed to the police this male was one of two males seen on CCTV footage taken at a local garage after Maddie disappeared. A woman at the garage was with a little girl & apparently they were arguing & then got into a car with two males. The car apparently had British number plates.

Portugese Police news conference at 6.30pm UK time.

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/10/2007.

Like 0      
10 May 2007 2:54 PM by karenmcc Star rating in Fuengirola, Malaga. 8 posts Send private message

DOWNLOAD THE POSTER AND DISTRIBUTE - IT MIGHT JUST HELP.....

http://www1.sky.com/news/Madeleine%20poster%20espanol.pdf

Like 0      
10 May 2007 3:13 PM by mariecw Star rating in Limerick, Ireland & .... 140 posts Send private message

mariecw´s avatar

Hi All

Janice, you poem made me cry straight away ........so sad  !!!

From the photos of Madeleine, I keep noticing something slightly unusual with her right eye. The  pupil  seem to have a black channel that runs down into the coloured

part of her eye. Very noticable !! But the media dont mention this  - they should as this is unique in my opinion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marie

Like 0      
10 May 2007 3:36 PM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

Hi Janice

Just watched sky news but no mention of the parents having been taken away by police. Have you heard anything else?

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
10 May 2007 3:47 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Portugese Police news conference at 6.30pm UK time.
Hi Tina, 

On the screen that shows eight boxes it's the one on bottom far left with ""top story" over it.

Janice

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/10/2007.

Like 0      
10 May 2007 5:01 PM by Fruit Star rating in Costa Calidia - Murc.... 74 posts Send private message

Fruit´s avatar

Hi Janice...great to see you back. Like you all our thoughts are with the family, and if Madeleine could be wished back then she would be tucked up with her family right now. We have family visiting at the weekend with the grandchildren and I'm tempted to put leads on their wrists to make sure that they are attached to us at all times. Lets hope she will be reunited with her family very soon. Again nice to see you.

Like 0      
10 May 2007 11:29 PM by jeffcoo Star rating in Marbella. 76 posts Send private message

jeffcoo´s avatar

Thanks Jeansis   for

"Prayer For The Children”  .

..i've lived in various parts of the UK, certain crimes would really shock me, one in particular was the killing of Dr Russells wife,Lyndsy and Megan, brutally beaten to death in the countryside, on a beautiful summers day, the other daughter survived, remarkably.  A few years later i was living in cambridgshire, Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman were killed, slayed and burnt beyond recognition by Ian Huntley, this was a devastating crime and had such an awful impact on me, my illusions of lovely, sunny, garden of england were shattered, Cambridgeshire has some wonderful scenery, and the small , quaint village of Soham will never be the same again.  A friend still lives there and shared with me such a said story, he had worked for Hollys Dad or maybe Jessicas, cleaning, i will never forget what i had heard!.....  I studied politics and society years ago,so i always had this kind of odd relationship with the media and crime, sometimes obsessive , other times detatched, due to brutal murders becoming too much for my little old mind....I always wanted kids, but knew that if i had them id be totally worried about their safety, and would need to have therapy just to deal with coping no doubt, but i think about 5 years ago i knew i wanted to leave the UK, wasnt sure where mind you , but knew i had to leave.....for many reasons, far too boring and no doubt trivial to some people to go into here!

I have always had a close relationship to the Isle of Wight, my parents moved there in the late 80s, dad bought a small shop and retired, such a lovey island, although on the outside  it looks so pretty doesnt it?  3 prisons are housed there, Parkhurst, Albany and Camp Hill, since the 1970s various sex offenders of all "types" have been institutioned there, and once released seem to stay on the IOW,  no doubt get free housing , accommodation whatever, and  are tried to be rehabilitated into society.  The IOW has an appauling level of sexual crimes upon children, so shocking the statistics are depressing, perhaps this is due to the large ammount of sexual offenders who have been released and chosen to live " anonymously" there, or just crime rising.   Two years ago, it was a lovely english summers day on the Isle of Wight, a 15 yr old girl was raped and brutally murdered in the woods, whilst collecting different types of flowers, only found in the UK, ( as she was from France) that crime , for some reason always stuck in my mind, and of course others, Fred West , Myra Hindley, but crimes upon children seem to really hit me hard, they shock my system, make me sick even, confuse me, anger me, and always, always sadden me.

Crimes seem to be getting worse inthe UK, from anti social street fighting to child abduction the list goes on and on....

When i heard of this little girl in Portugal had gone missing, my heart sank, especially as it is now nearly 6 days ( plesae dont quote me it could be more or less), depressingly the chances of finding her alive are reduced by the hour, we are all too familiar with these crimes.... what the parents have done or indeed havn't is another matter, im not a parent, and take a similar view to Jeansis, i wont judge, although, regrettably in cases like this sometimes it transpires to be a family member who is guilty, im not speculating, but the shocking crimes iv'e read where parents take their own childrens lives is incomprehensible. I hope for this dear sweet little girl to be found, and go and grab a cuddle from mum, although rather gloomy i doubt it.  But im english and was taught to have hope and "keep your chin up" until the end!

Ive lived in Denmark for over 3 years and never heard of a child go missing, they have their sexual crimes, which of course are depressing enough, and horrifying, but serious murders and evil  crimes on children, the UK and USA seem to  have a monopoly on, social scientists perhaps have more experience than me in this area, there is an answer  somewehre,  thats for another debate and time, complex by nature.   I know though if my girlfriend is lucky enough to fall pregnant one day i certainly will have security top of my list, not paranioa, security.  Im security concious at the best of times, being raised in a modest south london home, working class family, tough neighbourhood and Millwall as my local football team, street sense was a way of life,  but i have learnt to differentiate between becoming too paranoid and security-sensible.  And of course having fun and smiling.  Although serious crime happens, i must remember to not let the media and all its severity play too much on my mind, sometimes i turn off the news, buy no papers, chill out and forget, otherwise its way too much for my little old mind.  I start asking myself questions "  why o why Jeff what a sick world", over and over, with no real answer just bewilderment.

I will pray tonight for this dear sweet child, and other children who are suffering in silence, sometimes caused by daddy and sometimes by a "uncle",  pain for children is regrettably real..... and more than most of us can bear to imagine

my god watch over this child.........and hold her tightly .  <>(

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Take advantage of my ads - 3 posts
Is it as bad as we are all lead to beleive!!? - 50 posts
Patio door security gates & window grille for sale - Costa Blanca - 9 posts
Long term rental - 5 posts
Breakdown cover AA,? Green Flag ? or a good Spainish one...... - 3 posts
Spanish Sweepstake Scam - 0 posts
Check your bills - 3 posts
Premier Marbella International - 0 posts
Villas & Views has any one used them? - 0 posts
Gillespie where are you? - 4 posts
Wanted17"or 19" Computer Monitor CRT or LCD - 2 posts
New To Dream Hills 2 Area - looking for a few tips! - 2 posts
Commuting from the UK.....anyone doing it? - 7 posts
For Emma - 2 posts
my penthouse in casares for your london flat - 0 posts
my penthouse in casares for your london flat - 4 posts
nursing in spain - 2 posts
Habitation licence - 56 posts
Wanted - New or nearly new, King Size bed/frame - 14 posts
Community Rules - 13 posts
Community Questions - 4 posts
spanish bank accounts - 38 posts
Radio Phones - 8 posts
URBANIZATION COMMITTEE - SNAGGING BEFORE HANDOVER OF ALL AREAS TO COMMUNITY COMMITTEE - 10 posts
Buyer wants your thoughts - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 137

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x