Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Jul 2007 2:31 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Second driver is free, Samson.

See  http://www.doyouspain.com/conditions.htm

Additional Driver   FREE

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/4/2007.

Like 0      
04 Jul 2007 3:43 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Samson,

I emailed info@DoYouSpain.com & got this reponse which, sadly, doesn't help you.

"Unfortunately our suppliers are no longer able to provide roof racks. The reason for this is that they can easily damage the cars and it later becomes a nightmare trying to determine whether the damage was a genuine accident or due to negligence."

However, as you're saving so much, why not just order a larger car, like an estate even ?

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/4/2007.

Like 0      
04 Jul 2007 3:48 PM by samson Star rating in Solihull/Benalmadena. 126 posts Send private message

Morerosado,thank you for all your trouble you have taken to help me with this matter. instead of the roof rack i might opt for a bigger vehicle with the money we will save. As we have a couple of long journeys to make it might make the experience a bit more comfortable.

Again i thank you for your assistance.

Like 0      
04 Jul 2007 3:49 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hey, great minds eh ?

Like 0      
04 Jul 2007 4:24 PM by David Courtney Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

Hi folks,

Does anyone know of any car hire company in the San Javier area or even Alicante area that does long term hire at the right price.

Many Thanks

David Courtney.

Like 0      
09 Jul 2007 10:41 AM by MB4 Star rating in Co Down Ireland. 59 posts Send private message

MB4´s avatar

arrow car rental seems quite reasonable contact

Jeremy
ARROW CARS arrowspain@yahoo.com

Like 0      
09 Jul 2007 4:52 PM by David Courtney Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

Thanks MB4 for the information, but we can't get that website to come up for us. Is it the correct address?

David and Linda.

Like 0      
09 Jul 2007 4:55 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

David & Linda, it's an email address ! I just typed Arrow cars Costa Blanca into Google 

Taken from http://www.spanishways.co.uk/car-rental.htm here's more details.

Arrow Rent-A-Car

Based in Quesada arrow aim to provide a selection of cars at the most competitive rates with easy online reservation and payment on picking up your car.

You will be met personally at the airport by their representative if you arrange to pick up your car there and personally shown and be familiarised with your chosen model, full details and rates are on their website and no charge for child seats and luggage racks.

Tel/Fax: (0034) 966719370
Mobile: (0034) 617466524
Web: http://www.arrow-rentacar.com
Email: Info@Arrow-RentaCar.Com

OUCH ...Collision Damage Waiver Excess Of €301 & AN ADDITIONAL 15 EUROS WILL BE CHARGED FOR FLIGHTS ARRIVING AFTER MIDNIGHT

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/9/2007.

Like 0      
15 Apr 2009 1:05 PM by homelight Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I used the service from Goldline Executive Travel,  when i needed them for airport transfer and minibus hire. I found them pretty good and the standard of the service was immaculate and at an affordable price.

Like 0      
15 May 2009 5:48 PM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

Not related to last post but has anyone else seen the latest scam by car rental companies.  If you decline their extra optional insurance because you have an alternative policy - eg Insurance4Car Hire - they are insisting on taking a 300€ deposit.  It's a bit scary as you can't be sure if they will find something wrong with the car when you take it back and bingo you have to claim off your insurance. And how long will that take? 

We used Auriga last week in Malaga and they were very good and gave us the credit card slip with the refund on but it's always a bit of a worry until that car is finally checked back in. For peace of mind it might be easier to use their rip off insurance.

We've had mixed dealings with Auriga but this time they were good. Booked a Clio and got a Fiat Croma and they let us bring it back Full (on a 4 day hire) as it wasn't the car we'd booked. Charged 55€ for fuel, topped it up with 20 € (half a tank) and got the 55 back.  Bit hairy at the start of the hire as huge scratches down side of car - like it had been too tight in a mutli storey - and they said it didn't matter as they weren't important.  Hence my fear about the refund of the deposit.

Like 0      
15 May 2009 9:09 PM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

had the same scenario with auriga crown in Gib in April, however no problems re the 300e on each car!

with hindsight might just consider paying the extra 15e next time?

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      
18 May 2009 8:24 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Car hire prices are incredibly diverse in what they offer and, especially, what they charge.  We used to go through the companies that use Auriga, Record, Sol-Mar etc but got a bit cheesed off having to pay the fuel charges which varied from 40 to 70 euros depending on car size.  They also started rigorously enforcing the "extra" insurance (despite advertising all inclusive) or levying a 300 euro deposit charge plus getting full/full was becoming impossible.  Even the half and half were overcharging on fuel prices.

For the last 5 or 6 times we have used Econorent who allow full/full and never pushed the extra insurance (except at the beginning of this month where they charged 2 euros a day extra for tyres/windows/keys and clutch insurance).

Looking round for a large car in August (taking 3 grandkids plus daughter so 6 of us) Econorent had no suitable vehicle in stock.  Prices with the others ranged from 650 euros for a fortnight to 750 euros (Opel Zafira type).  Finally got the best deal from Budget rentals at €473 BUT it has an excess of €900 for damage which is not covered by the CDW.  To overcome this, you have to take out Super CDW which covers everything but they charge €7.15 a day or an extra €100.  Quite a rip-off but still cheaper than the others and they do full/full for a fortnight.

I was surprised when the booking form came through which tells me to collect the car from the Alamo desk at Alicante.  When I "experimented" and got a quote from Alamo, the quote was €1,119 for the two weeks with the same conditions on CDW as Budget.

So, yes, it does pay to shop around and look at the small print.  Oh, Budget also charges the €7.15 a day if you want a second driver so that's that option out of the window.  And I could buy a child seat cheaper at Halfords than the quote I got for renting one out for a fortnight (thankfully youngest grandkid will be 8 so I won't need one).

Like 0      
19 May 2009 1:07 PM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

Had the same problem with a need for a 6/7 seater recently-was quoted circa 350e for the week (in April) ended up getting 2x focus for less!

Like 0      
19 May 2009 9:06 PM by cooberpedy Star rating. 91 posts Send private message

cooberpedy´s avatar

re the worry about being charged for non-existent damage:  we have an Insurance4carhire cover policy and I asked them about these 300€ charges, they have assured me that if we were charged the 300€ amd it was not refunded at the end of the hire period, then we would simply call the insurance company and they would deal with it:

"Dear Customer,It is common for the  car rental company to take a deposit.If there is damage they will keep the amount and we will reimburse you back.  If  there is no damage they will unblock your card for the deposit and you walk away. 

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Kind regards

Celica Simpson

Insurance4carhire.com

Like 0      
20 May 2009 5:10 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar

What question did you ask insurance4carhire.

They are correct in that hire companies sometimes will take and hold back a deposit but this is for the excess if the car is damaged what auriga is doing is if you do not take out there insurance for the tyres etc they want a deposit of 300 euros where befor the tures etc insuarnce was optional

Like 0      
01 Aug 2009 10:14 AM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

I had the same issue with Crown Auriga and wouldnt be bullied into taking the extra insurance so they took the 300e x 2 cars however no problem cars returned moneies never actually taken off card

Like 0      
01 Aug 2009 6:48 PM by 4749annjoe Star rating in blackpool lancs. 50 posts Send private message

We have hired a car for sep 09  through economy car hire.  used them the last time without any problems, paid tyre etc insurance
with them £7,  did the same for sept, and have been informed by e-mail that centauro  are now taking €300 as a security deposit
however they state that it may take upto 14 days to return the funds, I will leave it for a couple of days and then check my
spannish bank account.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2009 7:02 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Check out posts in here too

Auriga Crown/Alicante- No new Fleet!

Annjoe, it's hard to read your text & my sight's good.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2009 9:13 PM by 4749annjoe Star rating in blackpool lancs. 50 posts Send private message

whats wrong with it

Like 0      
01 Aug 2009 9:46 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Nothing now, it was far too small before for many to read I would say.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Dont Panic - 69 posts
Paths on our complex - 1 posts
Missing Posting - Janice (Jeansis) - 3 posts
Maddie - 2 posts
aguas nuevas altos del sol - 1 posts
Bristol to Paris with Air France just launched from 11th June. - 0 posts
UK Estate Agents! - 8 posts
jet ski for sale. - 1 posts
How to buy property in Spain - 2 posts
Any Electricians (or Electricistas) On The Forum? - 11 posts
snagging - 8 posts
Transporting Pets to Spain - 14 posts
Licences - 6 posts
Crazy or wot ?? - 2 posts
Miraflores contact? - 0 posts
Where can I keep a jet ski? - 13 posts
parador properties entregolf area - 3 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL ELVIRIA DISTRICT - 0 posts
Aldea Beach Manilva - 1 posts
Macro - 9 posts
Madeleine McCann, aged 3, abducted in Portugal - 136 posts
Take advantage of my ads - 3 posts
Is it as bad as we are all lead to beleive!!? - 50 posts
Patio door security gates & window grille for sale - Costa Blanca - 9 posts
Long term rental - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 63

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x