Car rental

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Aug 2009 11:51 AM by Anjinsan Star rating in Kildare. 62 posts Send private message

Anjinsan´s avatar

Hi all,

I see EOS has partnered with cartrawler for some 'cheap' car rentals.

Just a warning - I was badly let down by cartrawler and Centauro rentals recently when I went to Spain to view my property in Corvera. I arrived at San Javier airport (with a printout of my booking confirmation) to be told that my booking had been cancelled and that there was no car for me. I rang Centauro Head Office and they told me that they had cancelled it two weeks previously and had informed cartrawler. I rang cartrawler from the airport and they said they had heard nothing. I could not get another car at the airport from any other supplier.

I rang cartrawler in Dublin (again!) when I got back and asked for them to get back to me with an explanation. This was over a month ago and I am still waiting!

I suggest you re-confirm your booking at least a week in advance of  travelling out to Spain to save being shafted like I was.

All the best,

Ian

Like 0      
10 Aug 2009 6:47 PM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

sadly this is not unique several people i know have had crown auriga do the same to them recently on one occasion 14 hours before departure!

i figure that they have realised they can cancel and rehire at far inflated prices?

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      
10 Aug 2009 11:47 PM by albodd Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

We queued at Goldcar Malaga Airport on Friday night 31st July/Saturday morning 1st August to collect our rental car, watching several customers arguing with the Goldcar staff at the desk in front of us.

When it was our turn, we were told we had to accept to pay the "optional" insurance, as we were English, or we could not have the keys.

Bearing in mind there are no free cars at Malaga, we had no choice at 12.30am having queued for one and a half hours.

I sent several e-mails to complain during our holiday, but got no response.

On return to the airport last night, I left plenty of time and on arrival asked for the Complaints book.

The staff at the drop off point told us certain employees were known to make the optional insurance not negotiable. We have therefore filed our complaint, and await our refund.

Please BEWARE. If you order through Goldcar/Amigo's etc, the drop off point staff told us to argue the point and not to accept the optional insurance if you don't want it.

Next month when I visit again, as I already have an early prebooking at a decent price, I shall ask for the Complaints book immediately if I get the same attitude at the collection desk.

I can only assume staff are on commission for insurance sales.

This message was last edited by albodd on 10/08/2009.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Dont Panic - 69 posts
Paths on our complex - 1 posts
Missing Posting - Janice (Jeansis) - 3 posts
Maddie - 2 posts
aguas nuevas altos del sol - 1 posts
Bristol to Paris with Air France just launched from 11th June. - 0 posts
UK Estate Agents! - 8 posts
jet ski for sale. - 1 posts
How to buy property in Spain - 2 posts
Any Electricians (or Electricistas) On The Forum? - 11 posts
snagging - 8 posts
Transporting Pets to Spain - 14 posts
Licences - 6 posts
Crazy or wot ?? - 2 posts
Miraflores contact? - 0 posts
Where can I keep a jet ski? - 13 posts
parador properties entregolf area - 3 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL ELVIRIA DISTRICT - 0 posts
Aldea Beach Manilva - 1 posts
Macro - 9 posts
Madeleine McCann, aged 3, abducted in Portugal - 136 posts
Take advantage of my ads - 3 posts
Is it as bad as we are all lead to beleive!!? - 50 posts
Patio door security gates & window grille for sale - Costa Blanca - 9 posts
Long term rental - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 63

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x