Iberdrola Electric Bills

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Mar 2010 1:49 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

I was fed up with them taking whatever they wanted from my bank account. I rang them as 'sping' describes and I have managed to set up a direct debit for the same amount each month and agreed to review it with them after 12 months. No problems setting the account up either and now seems to run smoothly. Pity electricity is so expensive in Spain. Kevin

Like 0      
25 Mar 2010 2:27 PM by Marysafc Star rating in Harrow and Peñiscola. 113 posts Send private message

We've just had a refund from them with no info as to why!! Don't know whether to spend it or not

Like 0      
25 Mar 2010 2:31 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Lomasgirl - I think you will need to either phone Iberdrola or go down to Pilar to the Millar store where they have a desk.

Chin up - you'll get there in the end!

Like 0      
25 Mar 2010 3:49 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

We've just had a refund from them too. They had charged us for Jan and Feb (which was the same as last year bills for those months) quite high seeing as we turned our leccy off in October, so they must have read the meters and refunded the overcharge as far as I can see. At least that's what I'm assuming.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2010 6:39 PM by lomasgirl Star rating in I'm in Belgium and L.... 24 posts Send private message

Joepi yeae, I finally enter the site of Iberdrola to see our bill.

Thanks for all informations.

Like 0      
26 Mar 2010 8:22 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

Spoke too soon.  Have just had latest bill which says just over €70 was taken out of our bank account - and electric has been off since mid Feb!! 

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
26 Mar 2010 9:43 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

We do not turn our electric off. But our bill was 31.00 euros for the two months, so I did not think that was to bad.

Like 0      
26 Mar 2010 11:54 PM by Jontymellor Star rating in Warrington & Cabo R.... 144 posts Send private message

I pay monthly, and when I'm not there its always around 12e a month, so that must be a standing charge

Like 0      
27 Mar 2010 2:39 PM by lomasgirl Star rating in I'm in Belgium and L.... 24 posts Send private message

I can  see our bills and it's a great question.  One month we pay € 12,00 to € 30,00 and sometimes we pay € 131,00 . And that is a period when nobody is there. We always shut off the electrcity.  We ask our friends who lives in Villamartin, and they have the same problem.   Last year, we could read the meter ourselves, because the door of the cupboard was not closed. When I look at the results on my bill, than I think they count 100 Kwh too much.  Great problem now:  the door is closed with a lock.

I received a mail from Iberdrola, to explain how I can find my bills, but now I'm going to ask, how they get those graet numbers of using electricity, specially when nobody is there.

And I also wonder :  what about the water-bill?  That's an even bigger question??

Like 0      
27 Mar 2010 3:44 PM by ms51 Star rating in uk/Los Alcazares. 100 posts Send private message

Dont go there thinking about the water bills,even when we dont use any water we still get charged 40€ every 2 months,but are now reading both metres,when re arrive and when we leave,and turn off both electric/water when the house is empty.Didnt realise how expensive water was till now.

Like 0      
27 Mar 2010 5:21 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Our water bill also includes the cost of collecting rubbish. 

The electricity, don't forget that the standing charge comes to fair amount of money each month depending on the maximum amount you can consume at one time.  Kevin

Like 0      
27 Mar 2010 5:33 PM by ms51 Star rating in uk/Los Alcazares. 100 posts Send private message

We have changed to an economy 7 tarrif,and hope this summer to notice a diffrence in the electric bill,never though I would be doing the washing in the evening to save on electric,but I do. Have been told you have to spend more than 3 months a year out there to make it noticable and the standing charge for economy 7 tarrif is higher than the normal one it about 14€every 2 months and I believe the other one is 12€

Like 0      
27 Mar 2010 5:39 PM by Jontymellor Star rating in Warrington & Cabo R.... 144 posts Send private message

we have the elec bill every month as I say, they are 2 estimates 1 read, our president has a key to read it, the water is every 3 months, again its around 47e a quarter, when we are not there, 26e water/waste, 12e local council waste (bins), rest is to Valencia for sewerage charge.

I'm online with the elecy bill ibadora, agua is only just gone on line and I'm missing a NF number to get online with that and emailed bills I hope, with the 101e IBI council tax 4x 23e for bins and valencia tax, thats around 350e a year council tax? my UK one is £1100 a year, so thats great, water in spain is a expensive item, elec is expnsive too but I dont have gas so I dont use that much I use bottled gas for heat, over all I feel the local tax is a third of the UK and electrical per unit is the same as the UK, hopefully, its warmer in spain so I should be cheaper.

I have had no problems except the getting online with the water.

Like 0      
29 Mar 2010 1:41 PM by lomasgirl Star rating in I'm in Belgium and L.... 24 posts Send private message

How can we get the water-bill on line?

Like 0      
29 Mar 2010 4:08 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 744 posts Send private message

I find it hard to believe that people find the water expensive in Spain. When I left the UK ,in 2002, my water bill was 80p per cu.metre plus 1,20 for sewage. Here ,in 2009 I pay 57c per cu. metre. ( that's double what I was paying when I arrived & Is well cheap to me.) Where I moved from in the SW of Uk the average water bill , this year,for people without a meter in a band D rated property is 953 pounds a year! 79,41 a month, for water !!!                                                                                         

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
29 Mar 2010 4:34 PM by ms51 Star rating in uk/Los Alcazares. 100 posts Send private message

I am paying around 100€ a quarter when I am not in Spain,When we are there and using the water/sewage then it will be more.I live in Devon,and pay £80 a quarter and use a lot of water but am on a metre,so yes water in Spain is more expensive than here,but its the price we have to pay and nothing can be done,just dont waste it.And enjoy lol.

Like 0      
29 Mar 2010 7:01 PM by janej Star rating. 81 posts Send private message

Very friendly staff if you phone. Just ask for someone who speaks english and they will transfer you to an english speaking operator.

Like 0      
29 Mar 2010 7:09 PM by meijoo Star rating in La Azohia, Cartagena.... 34 posts Send private message

Hi, thanks for the online info. Just managed to get an online account (great!), took about 10 minutes. You need your contract number, ID (I used passport no.) e-mail, last 4 digits of your bank account (not your cash card number) mistake I made!

They will send you the user name and pass word to your e-mail. The english translation for the bills (factura) will be set up soon, so it says. Otherwise you can click on english (top right) and it will guide you through. At least something works!  Thanks to eyeonspain and members alike.  

Like 0      
29 Mar 2010 7:09 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

We have only received two quarterly bills for water so far, and both have been less than 38 euros, so I guess it depends on where you live in Spain.

For some strange reason Iberdrola are taking payments out of my account every two months rather than monthly.  Somebody thought that might be because we weren´t connected until November last year, so we are new customers.  The bills averaged out at 75€ for 2 months, which we thought was OK as we live here full-time. 

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
29 Mar 2010 9:14 PM by Jontymellor Star rating in Warrington & Cabo R.... 144 posts Send private message

I was trying to get online and it asks for a NIF number, but my bill has nothing in this section?

can antone help

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wanted: Childs Car Seat - 0 posts
agent in mojacar - 4 posts
car insurance - 3 posts
Best car hire? - 9 posts
Car loan - 1 posts
Want to move to spain this year - 5 posts
Awning Wanted - 4 posts
Barbeque wanted... - 0 posts
ikea alicante - 5 posts
Still looking for babysitters for Mar Menor Golf resort - 1 posts
moving to spain - 3 posts
Wanted - TV, DVD and Microwave - 0 posts
Volkswagen 7 seater touran June 2005 - 0 posts
yoigo - 8 posts
The cheapest supermarket in Spain - 12 posts
Van back to Spain TOMORROW 21-02-2010 - 1 posts
End of analogue TV? Do I need a new box? - 9 posts
What is a Denuncia exactly? - 5 posts
changing lawyers - 2 posts
A good value Spanish red wine - 25 posts
Barcelona - 9 posts
contact town hall - 3 posts
Airport Transfers - 2 posts
Looking to buy rural land to site holiday cabin or caravan - 6 posts
amber pools - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 44

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x