Barcelona

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Feb 2010 12:00 AM by Elly May Star rating in La Zenia, Costa Blan.... 13 posts Send private message

Elly May´s avatar

Hi Everyone,

My partner and I are getting married at the end of May and looking to spend 3 days & nights in Barcelona for our Honeymoon at the beginning of June, followed by a couple of weeks in our apartment. We have checked out flights and the train from Barcelona to Alicante with good results but are coming unstuck with finding a hotel to fit our requirements and are hoping that all you informative people on here could help us out from personal experience.

Due to the fact that I recently (5 weeks ago) badly broke my leg and now have a titanium rod holding my tibia together I realise that I will not be able to walk as far as I used to. Therefore we are looking for a hotel in the centre of Barcelona so that we can get to all the main sights reasonably easily. Obviously this will mean that we will be paying more for this but as it's our honeymoon we don't mind (within reason!).

If anybody has any suggestions or recommendations we would be really grateful as it is so difficult trying to choose blindly from the internet as there are so many differing opinions from guest reviews and the ones that have all positives are way out of our reach financially.

We are looking to spend around 100E per night if possible (does not have to include breakfast).

Many thanks, look forward to receiving any info.

Elly May

Like 0      
20 Feb 2010 5:27 PM by manorpark Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

manorpark´s avatar

It may be worth looking at the reviews on Tripadvisor to see what other people think of hotels, We stayed at The Atrium Palace many years ago. We got a good deal and the location was great. Only complaint was the very hard bed !Hope you find soemwhere nice. Good luck !

Like 0      
20 Feb 2010 5:32 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

We have stayed at the Hotel Nouvel a few times just off the Ramblas. Basic clean rooms but great location. Breakfast mediocre but plenty of places in the area to get breakfast.

http://www.hotelnouvel.com/

Poppyseed

Like 0      
20 Feb 2010 5:41 PM by manorpark Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

manorpark´s avatar

Forgot to suggest you look at the Melia website. They have good deals. The ME hotel looks very hip and starts at 100 euros per night. Don't know about location but it looks nice.Also, look at hotel chain websites, they usually have a price guarantee.

All the best with the wedding and your leg !

Like 0      
20 Feb 2010 5:43 PM by manorpark Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

manorpark´s avatar

Poppyseed is right. You can get a good breakfast for a few euros, no need to pay the hotel restaurant prices.

Like 0      
20 Feb 2010 6:30 PM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar

Try the Hesperia group

One in Barcelona Hesperia Tower great roof top restaurant with veiws to match

Easy access  to touristy bits

Like 0      
20 Feb 2010 11:06 PM by Elly May Star rating in La Zenia, Costa Blan.... 13 posts Send private message

Elly May´s avatar

Thank you everyone for your replies. 

You have given us some really helpful information. 

Like 0      
21 Feb 2010 12:31 PM by wrixonshea Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

We stayed in the Hotel Principal, just off the Rabla, very central, convenient, comfortable, breakfast included in the price, and very good value, have already recommended ot friends who have stayed there and all have enjoyed the hotel

Wrixon

Like 0      
21 Feb 2010 3:07 PM by chaircolt Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

I have stayed ay the Hotel Condal many times and is much better than it's official 2 star rating and is ideally located just off the Ramblas on the way to the Gothic quarter. Also 2 minute walk from Plada de Catalunya where you get off the aerobus from the Airport. Perfect location.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2010 9:33 PM by Elly May Star rating in La Zenia, Costa Blan.... 13 posts Send private message

Elly May´s avatar

Thank you everyobody.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

contact town hall - 3 posts
Airport Transfers - 2 posts
Looking to buy rural land to site holiday cabin or caravan - 6 posts
amber pools - 5 posts
Market research for a potential new business - 2 posts
Xbox live - 1 posts
Tax?????? income tax home or away??? - 5 posts
hola, alguien habla español - 12 posts
We need El Corte Ingles on the Costa Blanca North - 7 posts
can the euro survive - 1 posts
Hello just joined eyeonspain! - 12 posts
Holidays/short term visits - 2 posts
Horizontal Law Community Buiding Insurance - 3 posts
Any tips? - 0 posts
CAMERA PROBLEM - 2 posts
You need a strong physical guy doing the hard work? - 0 posts
Free Pre-paid Master Card - 0 posts
Paperless banking - 2 posts
Wanted palletts brought over from the uk once a month - 0 posts
Tumble Drier - 4 posts
Costa Del Sol - 0 posts
Dog breader - 3 posts
Does anybody know where i can buy................. - 0 posts
Plus Valia - 1 posts
Property Purchase? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x