yoigo

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Feb 2010 12:00 AM by pegeen Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

Hi I am a new subscriber. I read with interest the blog on Telitec(Hits) mobiles. Does anyone know what their coverage is? I live in Alora and spend some time in el Chorro. I have recently subscribed to YOIGO and discovered that I wasn't receiving text messages from my friends and family they had sent from the UK. I have been in touch with YOIGO via e-mail and phone calls but not received help with this. Has anyone else experienced this problem and been able to resolve it?

Like 0      
21 Feb 2010 3:05 PM by KP Star rating. 229 posts Send private message

Are you using a spanish phone or a british phone? I had this problem when I used a spanish sim with a british phone and it took about 2 months for the service provider to update my settings.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2010 5:23 PM by pegeen Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

Hi KP, thanks for your reply. Yes my phone is a NOKIA. Should I tell them this? I din't realise it made any difference and they didn't ask. Pegeen

Like 0      
21 Feb 2010 6:05 PM by KP Star rating. 229 posts Send private message

Mine was a Nokia as well, I had to take my phone to be chipped to enable a spanish sim in a UK phone to work  I arranged it when I was in the UK in cost me £10 but there maybe someone who can do it for you here in Spain. It has something to do with the language programmed in the spanish sim working with an english phone. The only other alternative is to get the 29e phone with a camara from Yoigo I have just got one and it seems OK for the money.

Are there any techno people out there that know a little more about this?

Like 0      
22 Feb 2010 6:01 PM by pegeen Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

Hi KP,I e-mailed them yesterday and still haven't had a reply. This has been going on since Christmas. I can phone the UK and send texts and receive calls from the UK but can't receive texts from the UK. I tried to send myself a text from Skype but that didn't work. I can send myself texts from my UK phone to my Yoigo phone over here and receive them. Anyone else out there to clear up this mystery? I am thinking of changing to Telitec but they have yet to confirm that they cover my area.

Like 0      
22 Feb 2010 8:54 PM by KP Star rating. 229 posts Send private message

Might be best to call into the shop where you got the Yoigo from and ask them to sort it out.

Like 0      
22 Feb 2010 9:26 PM by pegeen Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

Did that first of all. They couldn't help either :-(

Like 0      
25 Mar 2010 9:09 PM by shirleyj Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I too have experienced many problems with Yoigo in Spain sending messages to an O2 phone in the UK.. The messages arrive Spain to UK but not UK to Spain.  O2 say this is a problem with Yoigos servers, and Yoigo say that they do not have a service agreement with 02 and do not admit liablility.

I am currently in London and have relatives in Spain on Yoigo so this is an ongoing issue.  However when I was living in Spain (up til last year) I experienced the same problem but upon calling Yoigo's customer service a couple of times they sorted it out for me - and it WORKED!   However this is not the experience of my relatives in Spain at the moment, and also here on this website and other expat websites... 

So at the moment it doesn't work and no one knows how to fix it!! Marvellous..

Apart from this issue Yoigo offered a great service for a much reduced call rate compared to Movistar or Orange...

Like 0      
10 May 2010 9:23 PM by hairymonster2000 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

pegeen, just to clarify, Teletec use Orange as their platform as do masmovil.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

The cheapest supermarket in Spain - 12 posts
Van back to Spain TOMORROW 21-02-2010 - 1 posts
End of analogue TV? Do I need a new box? - 9 posts
What is a Denuncia exactly? - 5 posts
changing lawyers - 2 posts
A good value Spanish red wine - 25 posts
Barcelona - 9 posts
contact town hall - 3 posts
Airport Transfers - 2 posts
Looking to buy rural land to site holiday cabin or caravan - 6 posts
amber pools - 5 posts
Market research for a potential new business - 2 posts
Xbox live - 1 posts
Tax?????? income tax home or away??? - 5 posts
hola, alguien habla español - 12 posts
We need El Corte Ingles on the Costa Blanca North - 7 posts
can the euro survive - 1 posts
Hello just joined eyeonspain! - 12 posts
Holidays/short term visits - 2 posts
Horizontal Law Community Buiding Insurance - 3 posts
Any tips? - 0 posts
CAMERA PROBLEM - 2 posts
You need a strong physical guy doing the hard work? - 0 posts
Free Pre-paid Master Card - 0 posts
Paperless banking - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x