Moving a part load of furniture to Spain from the UK

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Mar 2007 12:00 AM by gillian Star rating in Colchester and Altea.... 187 posts Send private message

Hi There,

We were originally going to buy all our furniture in Spain but are now wondering if there is  anyone out there who has had experience of moving a smallish load of furniture  (2 sofas,2 beds,patio furniture,kitchen table and chairs and about a dozen boxes )from the UK. If so what do we need to look out for when choosing a company and are there any pitfalls ? Thanks in anticipation   

Gilly & Ralph

Like 0      
30 Mar 2007 11:47 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Make sure you get a quote to ship it - also insure it new for old. For that size load will probably be shipped with other peoples as well.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
31 Mar 2007 12:17 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Further to your question.. we were thinking the same for when we make the move.

We also considered hiring a van.

Has anyone taken a van via Santander ferries?  Does anyone have any idea of the costs involved? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

We will probably drive down when we move anyway as we have an old dog that I wouldn't send by plane.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
31 Mar 2007 12:47 PM by johnone Star rating in La Reserva de Marbel.... 233 posts Send private message

johnone´s avatar

Hi

I have booked  the Plymouth Santander ferry for mid April, Long wheelbase Transit, + 2 people on the outward, 1 on the return

With cabin. £518, the hire for the van 7 Days £520 with one additional driver,(£18 per day) and then fuel costs.

What you need to consider is: the cost of transport versus the value of the items,

You could purchase a van, book a one way and then sell it to recover some of the cost (but would you risk it).

The hire van has full insurance, breakdown cover and all the legal bits for driving in Spain.

If you use removal company, then you will also have to pay your Air fare and other travel costs.

Hope this is of help

John

This message was last edited by johnone on 3/31/2007.

This message was last edited by johnone on 4/1/2007.

Dime con quién andas y te diré quién eres.

Like 0      
04 Apr 2007 12:48 AM by babe Star rating. 177 posts Send private message

i also have booked a van to transport my furniture to spain £700 for 2 week rental i will be able to use it in spain to transport all the things i have to buy in spain

Like 0      
09 Apr 2007 11:31 AM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

There is a Spanish hire company advertises in the Coastrider one-way hires -  pick up in Alicante and drop it in Southampton. I suppose they must also do it the other way.

If I can find the ad (just bought a copy home with me for bed-time reading) I will post the details later.

Steve.

Steve.

Like 0      
10 Apr 2007 10:07 PM by gillian Star rating in Colchester and Altea.... 187 posts Send private message

Thanks Steve I would be really interested if you can find it as I have one company in mind but the price seems to go up and up  somewhat alarmingly with the slightest thing added !

Gilly & Ralph

Like 0      
11 Apr 2007 8:40 AM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Finally found it!!

J K International

UK 01794884825 or 07771 965948

Spain 0034 966 771049 or 0034 616 041594

Steve.

Steve.

Like 0      
22 Jun 2010 3:29 PM by jethro Star rating in guildford. 111 posts Send private message

we are looking for anybody going to spain (mojacar) that can transport 2 bicycles for us, any time from now would be ideal.

Like 0      
22 Jun 2010 11:21 PM by reidpj Star rating. 239 posts Send private message

23 Jun 2010 9:33 AM by jethro Star rating in guildford. 111 posts Send private message

cheers for that pete

Like 0      
18 Jan 2011 10:12 AM by leyland couriers Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Spam **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 18/01/2011.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Any other Irish out there? - 11 posts
NIE APPLICATIONS IN ALMERIA - 4 posts
Residentias - 0 posts
till April the 9th. - 3 posts
Inspection dates - 2 posts
What area should we choose? - 10 posts
Return of Deposit Monies!! - 8 posts
Anyone bought on Atalaya de Mojacar? - 2 posts
Quality Warning! - 9 posts
launching jet ski's Costa Blanca Area - 0 posts
St Georges Day - A bank holiday?? - 26 posts
Anything music .. just great listening - 2 posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANICE - 27 posts
End of month gone.....still no sign!!! - 2 posts
Franchises - 2 posts
Looking for Super King Size Bedding in CB - 4 posts
Euro Anglosur / Prestige Villas - 2 posts
The Cod Father,El Faro,CDS. - 0 posts
The Green Olive - Sabinillas - 6 posts
Estate Agent Speak - 34 posts
Almeria - 5 posts
Marbella Belles - 4 posts
Replacement Locks - 11 posts
Great Place to Relocate in Spain - 8 posts
NON-RESIDENT HOMEOWNERS IN MÁLAGA AND THE CAMPO DE GIBRALTAR AREAS - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x