Fly for free Ryanair

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Jul 2009 12:00 AM by Jet48 Star rating in Estepona / Great Yar.... 106 posts Send private message

06 Jul 2009 10:33 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Another publicity stunt. Does anyone really believe that the CAA and European regulators will compromise passenger safety by allowing this? I know people like to bash Ryanair, but this is going a bit too far in the Jackanory stakes.

Mark

Like 0      
07 Jul 2009 12:16 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Re the top picture in the  link...

For Pete's sake someone do us all a favour...start the engines...

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
07 Jul 2009 10:11 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

I read that yesterday and couldn't believe it, they would never allow that.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
21 Jul 2009 11:43 AM by jisaphil Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

This is ridiculous. This is why I only fly Iberian.

Like 0      
21 Jul 2009 1:05 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Well I guess we all have a choice and if we don't like it dump it. But whilst I find flying Ryanair horrible even with priority boarding last Saturday we flew from Reus to Manchester with Thomson. What a nightmare. The Thomson rep at the desk did a good impersonation of a nutcase on a power trip after being on an assertivness course, when we asked for her name she told us to be careful or we wouldn't be allowed on the flight as she should be respected,  we only asked for her name after she constantly haranged us for  overweight baggage,  it was the hand luggage that did it , only allowed 5 kilos on Thomson (10 with Ryanair) and we had 8 kilos although bag sizes were within the limits. Even after we checked one of our hand luggage in and paid 20 euros for the privilige she still went on and on,  truly amazing. In flight service didn't start until we'd been airborne an hour (on a 2 hour flight), the crew were unfriendly and miserable and the food shocking. A hot meal had to be pre-ordered so I didn't bother as 2 months before a flight I'm not sure if I am going to want to eat, but we did have a breakfast muffin which could have bounced it's own way back to Manchester. So Ryanair is the pits, but we don't have any other expectations of them and know what to expect and they always come out the cheapest fo us.

Regards, Poppyseed

Poppyseed

Like 0      
21 Jul 2009 2:19 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

The Thomson rep at the desk did a good impersonation of a nutcase on a power trip after being on an assertivness course

Oh Poppyseed, sorry that I'm laughing so much at that description.

Like 0      
23 Jul 2009 5:35 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Yes More, she was "special"!

Regards, Poppyseed

Poppyseed

Like 0      
23 Jul 2009 10:22 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

I came back with Thomson from Alicante on Saturday. It was perfect. The plane had 41 rows of 6 seats, that would make 246 potential passengers. Actual passengers less than 80. Three seats to myself. Drinks and snacks were offered quickly and I only paid £27.50 for this flight which I booked 3 days earlier. I would certainly fly with them again. However, I think we all make too much fuss about a 2 hour flight. Train rides to London are almost as expensive and you don't always get a seat. I just shop around nowadays and go for the cheapest.  

Like 0      
24 Jul 2009 8:36 AM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Glad Thomson worked for you Kev, it is often just luck (or bad luck in our case) on the day. As I said we know what to expect with Ryanair, which is nothing, but better the devil you kow methinks. But even a 2 hour flight for us does entail a 1.5 hour journey to the airport and the 1 to 1.5 hours waiting at the airport so the 2 hour flight does become a 4.5 to 5 hour journey altogether

Regards, Poppyseed

Poppyseed

Like 0      
05 Aug 2009 4:37 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Taken from www.moneysavingexpert.com by Martin Lewis

The Budget Airline Charges Quiz...
How much could a £1 each way flight cost?

Budget airlines' supposed 'extra' charges are nearly obscene. This week we've a new guide (see below) to beat them, inc anonymous tips from an Easyjet air steward. To prove the point...

Quick quiz. How much could a £1 flight cost?

A family of three get Ryanair £1 each way return tickets to Europe. If they were to pay on a debit card, take a suitcase each (not pre-booked) and check-in at the airport, guesstimate the total 'additional' charges.

Take a pause and answer aloud before reading on...

The answer...

The actual total is a shocking £396, that's £6 return for flights and £390 for ‘added-extras’. This includes £10 return each for debit card payment (£30 total), £40 return (£120) per suitcase, and airport check-in’s £80 return (£240). 

The system’s a farce...

Airlines are playing fast and loose. The example above is extreme, but the injustice isn't about the cost, but that some charges that are practically compulsory are excluded from the advertised price. How can checking-in or paying by card be 'added' extras when they’re unavoidable?

It's time for legislation that the advertised price MUST include paying and online check-in; other main extras like baggage should be listed alongside in the same font. New Guide: Beat Airline Charges Discuss this: Airline Charges Rip Off

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Where Can I Buy Cigarettes from Near to Albox? - 9 posts
Tenants from Hell!! - 55 posts
Dogs in Cars - 2 posts
I wish I could sell my house - 3 posts
THANK YOU.....Alan and Irene................. - 4 posts
DOGs TRAVELLING TO SPAIN - 3 posts
non-resident needing an itv on UK plated car - 3 posts
Ciudad Quesada market days - 19 posts
Travel cot and high chair for sale - 6 posts
DVD rental service? - 0 posts
ISO advice for getting from Tangier to Huercal Overa - 0 posts
Andrew John Thompson - 1 posts
Community Funds dissapeared??? - 14 posts
Hello everyone - 8 posts
Flip Flops - 2 posts
Roda Bus - 0 posts
Form 210 Valor Catastral - 32 posts
free digital Alicante map - 0 posts
Sponsored - 20 posts
Torresat gone down - 1 posts
7th july ... - 1 posts
Taxes relating to LFO. - 5 posts
Happy Birthday Mrs TechnoApe - 14 posts
Here we go!!! - 10 posts
tax form 210 - 20 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x