Ciudad Quesada market days

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Jul 2009 12:00 AM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

Can anyone please give me some info about the market days in this area - when are the market days, opening hrs & exactly where is it located?

Thanks.

Like 0      
05 Jul 2009 4:36 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

There are two markets close to Quesada and both are on Sundays.

El Zoco market is next to the roundabout on the motorway by the Masa cement factory.  From Quesada, take the second turn off at the roundabout (the first is for Alicante) and you will join the queue for the market car park straight away as it is, literally, right there.  Loads of parking (big area set for cars).  Open from 8:30 to 14:00 but some stalls aren't set up until after 9 or 9:30.

Lemon Tree market is on the way to Guardamar and is actually in Campo de Guardamar (Guardamar Field).  Parking is not so good and can take some time to get in and out but is more Spanish than the El Zoco one.  Not sure of the opening times but think they are similiar to El Zoco.  From Torrevieja, turn right at the roundabout signed Guardamar (the one after the La Mata Park roundabout) and head directly for Guardamar (watch out for speed traps as this road is notorious for them). It's about 6 km along that road and is, unusually, well sign posted.

The next village along, Rojales, has a Thursday morning market and is held near the centre of the town so park a bit out and walk in.

Like 0      
05 Jul 2009 5:22 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

Thanks bobaol for the info. I'm new to ciudad quesada & I'm only interested in the ones within walking distance to/from ciudad quesada. I suppose of these markets, the one in Rojales is the one which I can walk to, am I right?

I've to explore round ciudad quesada all within walking distances.

Like 0      
05 Jul 2009 5:39 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Depends on where you are in Quesada.  You can walk to El Zoco (bit hairy crossing by the roundabout on the arches approach) and it has a footpath all along the side of the road to the market.   Just under 2 km once you are on the footpath.  Rojales is too far for me to walk but I regularly walk to El Zoco from near the Consum supermarket area.  Takes around half an hour there and half an hour back but I drive when I have lots of stuff to bring back. 

Like 0      
05 Jul 2009 5:43 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Forhotspot,

Yes we have walked to Rojales market from Formentera, you will be that bit nearer.  So I am sure you can do it. 

I believe there are buses that also go to the market's.

There is also a Tuesday market at Benijofar.  If you do a google of CIUDAD QUESADA it will come up with more information for you.

Pat 

Like 0      
05 Jul 2009 5:50 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

Thanks Pat. I don't know my way round ciudad quesada & I really need the street map. Will get my daughter to do this.

Like 0      
05 Jul 2009 6:43 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi forhotspot

I'm very biased, I adore the Campo de Guardamar market.  Biggest & best.

Actually Rojales Thursday market is at one end of town, not in the centre, & parking's reasonably easy we think. It's the opposite end to Benijofar & alongside the river. It's on hard standing & we find the fruit & veg a lot cheaper than ours.

The Benijofar market  was a one street affair when we went but we never went back so maybe it's diferent now.

Like 0      
05 Jul 2009 10:25 PM by alantracey Star rating. 156 posts Send private message

Forhotspot

for more details on quesada, and a map of the area, try www.quesadalife.com

Tracey

Like 0      
06 Jul 2009 1:00 AM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

Tracey, I can't find any map from your site. Anyway as Pat suggested I'll get my daughter to google ciudada quesada & get some info before we set off. I don't really know the exact location of my villa in quesada. All I know is 10 mins walk to the town center. The last time we were there, we're in a car & even now I can't visualize how to walk there from the villa. That's why I want to walk around the surrounding areas & at the same time visit the markets. 

Thanks More for the info.

Like 0      
06 Jul 2009 1:10 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Click here for the Quesada map, Forhotspot

Click on the 'satellite' option & keep clicking on the  +  to bring it closer & also on the up/down to move around.

Like 0      
06 Jul 2009 1:11 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Forhotspot.

Is this the first time you have been to the villa on your own steam?

Did Shaun help you with the purchase?  He will be able to help with directions if that is the case.

.Have a great time, take plenty of sun cream

Take care 

Pat 

Like 0      
06 Jul 2009 3:57 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

Thanks More for the map. This is what I'm looking for. 

Thanks Pat. Yes I bought this villa thru Shaun. We went over last year & I've just made my deposit. So hopefully they will start buiding it. I was shown round in a car . This Nov we will go over again & this time  I'm going to explore the area on foot so that I know exactly where  things are, by the time I move over next summer. I'm sure Shaun will help me directing me to the right places.

I've just sold my house in Canada. Can't believe that the house is sold in 9 days & I got to vacate the house by end of Sept..

Like 0      
07 Jul 2009 10:45 AM by nyk1974 Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

There is a free bus service every thursday from Ciudad Quesada which will take you and bring you back from Rojales market where they sell everything from clothes, fresh fruit and veg and anything else you may be looking for. I will see if i can find out some sort of timetable and post it for you as a thread.

Like 0      
07 Jul 2009 4:27 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

Thanks nyk1974. Is the free bus service a special bus or anyone can use it for free? The bus timetable will be useful when I move there.

Like 0      
08 Jul 2009 9:09 AM by nyk1974 Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

The bus service is free and available to everybody, I will be in Rojales tomorrow and I will see what I can find out for you.

Kindest regards

Nick

Like 0      
06 Sep 2009 2:56 AM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

Can anyone please tell me the names of the street for the Tues market in Benijofar & the Thurs market in Rojales. I need to tell the driver where to go.

Thanks.

Like 0      
10 Sep 2009 4:22 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

I suppose no one knows the street name for Benijofar market. Is benijofar a small town where I can find the market easily?

Like 0      
10 Sep 2009 5:23 PM by gerkinsella Star rating in Dublin Ireland/Daya .... 35 posts Send private message

gerkinsella´s avatar

Hi

It is a small town and the market is just off the main road through Benijofar.

Hope this helps

Geraldine

Like 0      
10 Sep 2009 5:27 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Forhotspot,

Do not know the name of the market we just walk there from Formentera, but if you are taking a taxi they will know where it is not far from the post room. There are a few cafe's and bars and it is of the main road. It is a small market just one street. We have one in Formentera on a Monday just a small market by the school.

Most taxi drivers will know the Rojales market as that is quite large.  If you do a google search that will probaly tell you.

Hope your villa is coming on.

Pat

Like 0      
10 Sep 2009 8:55 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

Thanks Pat & Geraldine.

The reason I ask for a street name is that my brother will be driving & I'm sure he will use my daughter's gps. We hire a car for a wk on Nov 10th. I got to go over ASAP to choose the materials for my villa. They haven't started building it yet & I was told that they will complete within 8 mths. Hopefully I can move over in July 2010.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Travel cot and high chair for sale - 6 posts
DVD rental service? - 0 posts
ISO advice for getting from Tangier to Huercal Overa - 0 posts
Andrew John Thompson - 1 posts
Community Funds dissapeared??? - 14 posts
Hello everyone - 8 posts
Flip Flops - 2 posts
Roda Bus - 0 posts
Form 210 Valor Catastral - 32 posts
free digital Alicante map - 0 posts
Sponsored - 20 posts
Torresat gone down - 1 posts
7th july ... - 1 posts
Taxes relating to LFO. - 5 posts
Happy Birthday Mrs TechnoApe - 14 posts
Here we go!!! - 10 posts
tax form 210 - 20 posts
Anyone know who might hire out an old car, e.g. 'rent-a-wreck' type company? - 0 posts
1000 sq mtr of land exchange for work to be finished around my villa - 3 posts
Car hire: Autos Costasol car hire - 0 posts
building projects in Spain - 0 posts
Long Term rental- agent fees rip off - 12 posts
Car Transporters - 0 posts
New fridge freezer for sale - 1 posts
Happy Birthday Jan (Pitby) - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 20

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x