non-resident needing an itv on UK plated car

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Jul 2009 00:00 by jaqib Star rating. 81 posts Send private message


wondered if anyone could help, we have driven a car down to spain to leave in our holiday home we need however to get a spanish itv. Do we need to be residents ie have a padron or can we do this with just our NIE number?

All help gratefully appreciated

Jaqi and Stu

stu and jaq R4 428 I DON'T THINK SO!!!!

Like 0      
05 Jul 2009 18:03 by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1114 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Sorry but this topic has been covered many times before on this forum.

A Spanish ITV not worth the paper it is written on for an English reg car; sure you can get it done but it will be totally invalid if you are pulled by the trafficos or involved in an accident.

The car must be returned to GB and have an English MOT and English road tax to be legal in Spain.

The only way a Spanish ITV becomes valid is when it is applied to a vehicle on Spanish plates and is an essential part of transferring to Spanish plates...but thats a different matter...




Like 0      
15 Jul 2009 17:57 by freddy Star rating. 71 posts Send private message

Can't be done.....any MOT / ITV is only valid in the Country or State of registration only.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2009 00:38 by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Hello Jagib

Your mot question has been well covered. I would like to bring up the subject of Residency, Nie and the Padron.

there is so much confusion and misinformation on this subject.  You should not register on the census unless you are going to become a resident. Your NIE is your identification number to carry out any transaction in Spain and does not mean that you are a resident. Regards your vehicle. If you are still driving down and wish to re-register the vehicle, seek advice to avoid paying unnecessary taxes.


Myra Cecilia.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Ciudad Quesada market days - 19 posts
Travel cot and high chair for sale - 6 posts
DVD rental service? - 0 posts
ISO advice for getting from Tangier to Huercal Overa - 0 posts
Andrew John Thompson - 1 posts
Community Funds dissapeared??? - 14 posts
Hello everyone - 8 posts
Flip Flops - 2 posts
Roda Bus - 0 posts
Form 210 Valor Catastral - 32 posts
free digital Alicante map - 0 posts
Sponsored - 20 posts
Torresat gone down - 1 posts
7th july ... - 1 posts
Taxes relating to LFO. - 5 posts
Happy Birthday Mrs TechnoApe - 14 posts
Here we go!!! - 10 posts
tax form 210 - 14 posts
Anyone know who might hire out an old car, e.g. 'rent-a-wreck' type company? - 0 posts
1000 sq mtr of land exchange for work to be finished around my villa - 3 posts
Car hire: Autos Costasol car hire - 0 posts
building projects in Spain - 0 posts
Long Term rental- agent fees rip off - 12 posts
Car Transporters - 0 posts
New fridge freezer for sale - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Compare car hire in Spain

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x