Form 210 Valor Catastral

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Jul 2009 12:00 AM by chrisadams Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

In 2007 my IBI receipt (Estepona, Malaga) showed Valor Catastral, Valor Suelo, Valor Construccion, and Base Liquidable as seperate figures. However both the Valor Catastral and Base Liquidable were identical. In 2008 Valor Catastral has quadrupled and is now three times the Base Liquidable, which has gone up nearly 30%. In both 2007 and 2008 the Base Liquidable is the figure on which the IBI is calculated. However which is the correct figure for entering on form 210? If the gross Valor Carastral has to be used I am sure there will be a lot of people paying considerably more in income tax than the combined wealth and income tax bill was last year!

Like 0      
09 Jul 2009 3:18 PM by Mar Durio Star rating. 54 posts Send private message

You have to take the Base Liquidable for calculating your tax return

Mar Durio
Calle Ancha 30, 2º
E-11201 Algeciras
(t) +34.956.092.687
(f) +34.956.092.697
m.durio@costaluzlawyers.es
www.costaluzlawyers.es

Like 0      
09 Jul 2009 3:32 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Chris

If your Base Liquidable has gone up nearly 30% then likely all of ours, no matter where we have our properties, will be the same. Can't wait !

Like 0      
11 Jul 2009 9:19 AM by glennhambling Star rating in Norwich and San Pedr.... 23 posts Send private message

I have read a lot about Form 210 and will need to fill one of these in soon, BUT can I play devils advocate and ask what would happen if you made no attempt at the form and ignored it? A large fine???

Like 0      
11 Jul 2009 11:10 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

They will catch up with you eventually.

Plus, when you sell your property, you have to prove all outstanding taxes have been paid.

You will have to pay any back years unpaid at point of sale.

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
11 Jul 2009 12:11 PM by glennhambling Star rating in Norwich and San Pedr.... 23 posts Send private message

Thanks for that Fibby, I guessed that was the answer!

I have read a lot of your useful comments on this subject and am a little bit wiser on the subject.

Do the tax office check your calculations and contact you if you have underpaid?

I have visited the tax office site but can't seem to find the form to download am I missing the obvious?

Thanks

Like 0      
11 Jul 2009 12:17 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

I would imagine that if you underpay, they will be onto you PDQ!

Overpay? Probobly rub their hands together and not contact you!

Downloading the form is not a problem, I will PM you with details

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
11 Jul 2009 12:19 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Just realised, you may not be able to use the PM facility yet.

Visit my website and e-mail me privately

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
11 Jul 2009 12:22 PM by glennhambling Star rating in Norwich and San Pedr.... 23 posts Send private message

Thanks for that.

I am going over in September to try and sort it out. My property is in San Pedro Del pinatar, hopefully there is a tax office in Torrevieja?

Like 0      
11 Jul 2009 12:27 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

You will need to go to Orihuella (Inland0 there is not one in Torrevieja

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
11 Jul 2009 12:29 PM by glennhambling Star rating in Norwich and San Pedr.... 23 posts Send private message

Thanks for your help!

Like 0      
11 Jul 2009 4:15 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

again, Glenn. Click here for the 210 form you'll require.

If you understand Spanish   here are instructions.

Like 0      
11 Jul 2009 4:27 PM by glennhambling Star rating in Norwich and San Pedr.... 23 posts Send private message

Thanks for the form, I can't understand spanish but will have a bash at filling it in. If I remember rightly there has been other threads on this subject with advice about completing the form.

Thanks to all!  

Like 0      
11 Jul 2009 4:40 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

'If I remember rightly there has been other threads on this subject with advice about completing the form.'

Glenn, just search for '210', it's all in there, somewhere.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 11/07/2009.

Like 0      
11 Jul 2009 6:51 PM by Norm de Plume Star rating in North Tenerife and L.... 162 posts Send private message

I hesitate to take issue with Mar Durio, but surely the Base Imponible for the purposes of imputed income on property for non-residents is 1.1% of the Valor Catastral for those properties revalued since 1994, and 2% otherwise, of which 24% is payable (AEAT 112591 - Tributacion de Inmuebles and Ley 40/1998 Articulo 71).  Surely the Base Liquidable on the IBI is purely for the computation of "rates".  And don't forget the added penalties if tax is not paid on time!

This message was last edited by Norm de Plume on 12/07/2009.

This message was last edited by Norm de Plume on 13/07/2009.

This message was last edited by Norm de Plume on 20/07/2009.

Like 0      
20 Jul 2009 6:14 PM by Norm de Plume Star rating in North Tenerife and L.... 162 posts Send private message

Please see my previous post, the contents of which have been confirmed today by the AEAT in Madrid.

Like 0      
20 Oct 2009 10:18 AM by janejohn Star rating. 183 posts Send private message

Can anyone tell me how the Valor Catastral is calculated?  Several owners on our resort have just received their IBI bills and the amounts vary, for  instance, we have a first floor apartment and ours is considerably more than someone who has a penthouse, which seems very strange.

Like 0      
21 Oct 2009 9:32 AM by Mar Durio Star rating. 54 posts Send private message

Dear Janejohn,

Valor Catastral is calculated on % of the square meters of the property. Every Town Hall makes is own calculation.

Mar Durio
Calle Ancha 30, 2º
E-11201 Algeciras
(t) +34.956.092.687
(f) +34.956.092.697
m.durio@costaluzlawyers.es
www.costaluzlawyers.es

Like 0      
28 Oct 2009 12:05 AM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

If Valor Catastral is based on square metreage of the apartment, how can a Town Hall charge amounts varying between 320 and 400 euros per annum on apartments of exactly the same design and size?

Can anyone explain exactly what Valor Catastral and Base Liquidable represent and how these figures are calculated?

Like 0      
14 Nov 2009 12:35 PM by chrisadams Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I have read that the base imponible is the lower of valor cadastral or 50% of original cost. With the increase in valor cadastral this year this could make a big difference to tax due

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

free digital Alicante map - 0 posts
Sponsored - 20 posts
Torresat gone down - 1 posts
7th july ... - 1 posts
Taxes relating to LFO. - 5 posts
Happy Birthday Mrs TechnoApe - 14 posts
Here we go!!! - 10 posts
tax form 210 - 20 posts
Anyone know who might hire out an old car, e.g. 'rent-a-wreck' type company? - 0 posts
1000 sq mtr of land exchange for work to be finished around my villa - 3 posts
Car hire: Autos Costasol car hire - 0 posts
building projects in Spain - 0 posts
Long Term rental- agent fees rip off - 12 posts
Car Transporters - 0 posts
New fridge freezer for sale - 1 posts
Happy Birthday Jan (Pitby) - 10 posts
moving to spain - 1 posts
sky box for sale - 0 posts
CHANGE EUROS TO STERLING IN SPAIN OR UK? - 7 posts
A good base to look at the area around Alicante & Almeria - 10 posts
Completion due but Phase 2 not started - 3 posts
Inheritence tax question for non-residents. - 10 posts
Moving to Spain for 6 months to 1 year - 6 posts
I'd like some advice please. sorry for long post. - 15 posts
Property Solutions Overseas- Have you joined? - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 33

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x