Flip Flops

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Jul 2009 12:00 AM by BBBunny Star rating in Javea, Costa Blanca. 20 posts Send private message

The Guardia Civil  are stopping a lot of people here at the moment and charging them for wearing flip flops when driving.

My understanding is that it is the whole of the Costa Blanca, but they made themselves a pretty penny at Denia market last week, and at 160 euros a fine I am sure that helped there end of month accounts no end.

Like 0      
04 Jul 2009 3:49 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

You're not to wear any shoes that are backless. My husband drives & he always swaps his mules for sandals with straps around his ankles. Guardia fining drivers for wearing backless shoes is well documented in forums.

Dogs should be harnessed in cars too to prevent too much movement, drivers are being fined for this also. (I personally know of one who was fined). Mind you I've friends with two large pretty heavy dogs & who would want many kilos of dog breaking your necks in an emergency stop, I know I wouldn't. Sensible ruling that one.

Like 0      
04 Jul 2009 6:04 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Some people have been fined for having shopping on the back seat instead of in the boot.  I suppose the thinking behind that is that the shopping could fall down and roll under the seat.  I think most of these Laws or fines are safety related but it also seems that some officers take them to the extreme.

Examples, your driving alone but could be fined for not having the same amount of reflective jackets as seats in the car.

Driving in flip flops, dangerous same as driving in bare feet.  Now you could be fined for wearing backless shoes.  The sandals I wear are just as safe as one's which have straps on.  In fact safer as nomally strappy sandals are quite flimsy and your feet could slip off the pedals.  On my last trip out I managed to do an emergency stop when a tiny dog appeared on the road in front of me so I know they are.

In our area people have also been fined for using mobile phones when they haven't.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Roda Bus - 0 posts
Form 210 Valor Catastral - 32 posts
free digital Alicante map - 0 posts
Sponsored - 20 posts
Torresat gone down - 1 posts
7th july ... - 1 posts
Taxes relating to LFO. - 5 posts
Happy Birthday Mrs TechnoApe - 14 posts
Here we go!!! - 10 posts
tax form 210 - 20 posts
Anyone know who might hire out an old car, e.g. 'rent-a-wreck' type company? - 0 posts
1000 sq mtr of land exchange for work to be finished around my villa - 3 posts
Car hire: Autos Costasol car hire - 0 posts
building projects in Spain - 0 posts
Long Term rental- agent fees rip off - 12 posts
Car Transporters - 0 posts
New fridge freezer for sale - 1 posts
Happy Birthday Jan (Pitby) - 10 posts
moving to spain - 1 posts
sky box for sale - 0 posts
CHANGE EUROS TO STERLING IN SPAIN OR UK? - 7 posts
A good base to look at the area around Alicante & Almeria - 10 posts
Completion due but Phase 2 not started - 3 posts
Inheritence tax question for non-residents. - 10 posts
Moving to Spain for 6 months to 1 year - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x