Taxes relating to LFO.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Jul 2009 12:00 AM by alcaidesa Star rating in Beckenham Kent. 34 posts Send private message

Hi, I have to legalise my villa which has just been granted it's LFO.

I am shocked by the amount of taxes I have to pay in relation to legalising the house.

Notary fees, land registery, legal fees, stamp duty but the most expensive and the one I don't understand has been listed as ICIO.

Can anyone give me an idea what this is and how much it should be? Does it vary from area to area?

Thanks a lot.

This message was last edited by alcaidesa on 03/07/2009.

Like 0      
04 Jul 2009 9:09 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

ICIO is a tax on buildings work and cannot be higher to 4% of the building cost.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
04 Jul 2009 7:05 PM by alcaidesa Star rating in Beckenham Kent. 34 posts Send private message

Thanks Maria,

I really did not realise all the costs attached to licenses before and after the build, what with the actual build costs plus architect, aparejador etc my project has turned out a hell of a lot more than I had anticipated.

Like 0      
04 Jul 2009 8:33 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

After all your problems I hope the villa has turned out to be just as you wanted and that you will get a lot of enjoyment out of it

To others ,you have perhaps given a warning, about buying a villa which has to be made legal after you have bought

Many have not been as lucky as you, as in the UK one would not buy a house which was not legal from day one, and they have had problems

So if you are buying now , take no risks

I trust that everything is sorted ,if a touch more expensive than your original budget....so just enjoy Spain

Like 0      
06 Jul 2009 10:29 AM by alcaidesa Star rating in Beckenham Kent. 34 posts Send private message

Thanks for the good wishes.

Yes I realise that even though I have had a nightmare, it does not compare with the situation a lot of other people have found themselves in due to no fault of their own.

I tried to do everything strictly by the book and had employed and paid all the required people but it did not stop my headaches. Maybe I was just naive or unlucky, but at least now I have a legal house.

Like 0      
07 Aug 2009 9:01 AM by sms0611 Star rating in Fuengirola. 21 posts Send private message

Maria,

Is ICIO another name for the tax you pay when applying for a building licence or is this something seperate? I am aware of the 1% stamp duty that must be paid at the start and end of construction but have not heard of a 4% buildings work tax.

Steve

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Happy Birthday Mrs TechnoApe - 14 posts
Here we go!!! - 10 posts
tax form 210 - 20 posts
Anyone know who might hire out an old car, e.g. 'rent-a-wreck' type company? - 0 posts
1000 sq mtr of land exchange for work to be finished around my villa - 3 posts
Car hire: Autos Costasol car hire - 0 posts
building projects in Spain - 0 posts
Long Term rental- agent fees rip off - 12 posts
Car Transporters - 0 posts
New fridge freezer for sale - 1 posts
Happy Birthday Jan (Pitby) - 10 posts
moving to spain - 1 posts
sky box for sale - 0 posts
CHANGE EUROS TO STERLING IN SPAIN OR UK? - 7 posts
A good base to look at the area around Alicante & Almeria - 10 posts
Completion due but Phase 2 not started - 3 posts
Inheritence tax question for non-residents. - 10 posts
Moving to Spain for 6 months to 1 year - 6 posts
I'd like some advice please. sorry for long post. - 15 posts
Property Solutions Overseas- Have you joined? - 9 posts
Spain Uncut Bonuses - 0 posts
Itzabar - 1 posts
cheap car hire in gibraltar - 1 posts
Tax returns? - 5 posts
looking for a job - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x