golf courses in and around murcia

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by dean&caroline Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

anyone know any golf courses in and around murcia?

thanks

Like 0      
14 Apr 2009 11:56 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi there

If you register with club Murcia, they will e mail you special deals in the area.

My hubby played at La Serena but wasn't too impressed but I believe roda is quite popular. There are quite a few around the area so I'm sure that others will give their opinions. I don't play golf but I do like a round of vino collapso

Like 0      
15 Apr 2009 9:12 AM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

We've played Roda a couple of times and really enjoy it. The course is quite flat with some forgiving fairways and some challenging greens, with a great Par 3 island green.

Mosa Trajectum is also a good course, it's played over a combination from 3  9-hole courses. We played the desert course and the woodland course - and really loved it.

La Torre we found quite challenging, so many bunkers , Par 3's over huge lakes (but with drop zones) and buggy's restricted to cart paths so a lot of walking back and forth across fairways.

Hacienda del Alamo also looked a good course but unfortunately on the day we went to play it, they had a tournament taking place so we were unable to play.

At this time of year many courses are doing course maintenance, tining greens etc, so just ask whether there is any maintenance taking place that would affect play. We played Villa Martin a couple of years ago and when we got there we had to use temporary greens on a number of holes because of work they were doing. Sometimes, there may only be 9 holes available for playing.

We now live in Almeria and play at Aguilon, which we absolutely love. We also have Desert Spring's, Valle del Este and Marina close by, so we have a good choice locally and don't travel up to Murcia to play anymore.

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
15 Apr 2009 10:30 AM by RD Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

Hi Dean and Caroline

Yes Roda is an excellent course, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Apt. also available for rent on Roda -  website below (never miss a chance to advertise  ).

www.rodagolf-privaterental.com/

Like 0      
07 May 2009 1:48 PM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

cant help you on what ones to play but can help you on one not to play!-Los Rambles - no matter how straight you hit your ball, no matter if you fade or draw it-it will roll of the fairway and into the rough!

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      
25 May 2009 3:22 PM by maverick100 Star rating in Ireland and naranjos.... 81 posts Send private message

Hi Advisor

I have to disagree with you on this one, i have now played los ramblas twice and i have to say i like the course, very good variety of holes and i have not had any trouble finding fairways (probably more to do with the fact i played it early in the holiday each time before the over indulgance of alchohol took effect). I play off 8 and i have shot 79, and a 76 only last week allbeit off the middle markers, so i would have to say that i would recommend the course

mark

Like 0      
26 May 2009 12:44 PM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

Maverick

as ever all about one,s opinion, I disliked being penalised for a decent shot, also thought some of the holes layout to be poor-whilst not remebering which holes etc there were 3 holes that sprung to mind,

a) par 4/5 where you had to take a 7 iron off the tee and and lay up as it was virtually impossible for an "average" golfer (assume not in low single figures) to carry all to the "mid fairway".

b) a par four you could drive if you took it over all the trees but if you hit the fairway routew it simply rolled right t left into a ditch

c) a par three which was about 60 yards long

did play a nice course out that way mind, it was reall yin the middle of nowhere with a numbe rof housing projects half built around it (3 yra ago now) but it was a proper well manicured course.

Like 0      
26 May 2009 1:18 PM by maverick100 Star rating in Ireland and naranjos.... 81 posts Send private message

Hi Advisor

My apologies, you are probably right about some of these holes when it comes to the average golfer, I do hit a fairly long drive so on the par 5's they were all reachable in 2 off the middle markers when you can take the ball straight over the tree line, and the par 4 you talk about i did hit the green with a 3-wood but i guess 7 out of 10 rounds you would most likely end up in the hazard going for it, so to round up i will agree that its probably not for the average golfer but it is a very good challenge for the single handicap golfer

regards

mark

Like 0      
26 May 2009 8:07 PM by sox Star rating. 81 posts Send private message

Try the one at United Golf Resort, La Tercia,It is not far from La Torre.

It even has a water driving range

Like 0      
27 May 2009 10:00 AM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

chaps

i did start a thread entitled golf course ratings / comments

please add info on any courses played etc as it helps all

Like 0      
10 Jul 2009 10:54 PM by arky25 Star rating in erskine, scotland. 351 posts Send private message

arky25´s avatar

anyone looking to play roda - its best to check to see what special offers are available first.

at the moment for examle you can play and get free beer and tapas for around 35 euros during the afternoon

www.roda.250x.com   OUR APARTMENT

Like 0      
19 Jul 2009 12:33 PM by 8yewtree Star rating in San Cayetano, Murcia.... 316 posts Send private message

8yewtree´s avatar
** EDITED - Advertising **

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

moving to spain - 0 posts
insurance needed - 5 posts
SUNDAY DINNER IN OR AROUND MANILVA - 1 posts
Visa electron - 9 posts
Forum signatures need sorting - Your input please - 48 posts
Any recommend a good chiropractor between Gibraltar and Marbella? - 7 posts
Looking for Paul Tobias - 1 posts
how bad is the market? - 9 posts
West Highland White Terrier Puppy wanted - 1 posts
Wireless Internet - 10 posts
Passport validity - 8 posts
How to access the online form for Resident Income Tax 2008 - 9 posts
Vandalism! - 4 posts
Can I delay my completion based on a lack of insurance underwriting of my rental scheme? - 1 posts
Spanish 'Highway Code' - 1 posts
Is there a time limit to issue the LFO and is a back-dated LFO legal? - 5 posts
Chinese - 15 posts
Size of Pump - 2 posts
Chanel+, do not adjust your set - 3 posts
Telmicro fights back ! - 0 posts
electricity question. - 6 posts
Buyers on Ochando Be Aware - 0 posts
Ryanair ... - 42 posts
Alicante - 0 posts
Monarch increase hold baggage price! - 17 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x