Ryanair ...

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by mepossem Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

Ryanair is the airline we all love to hate .... from the MD down to the cabin crew, they seem to have been trained to consider us all as cattle.

so why not start a day in the year when we boycott them? 

Could be fun ....  just one day in the year, when we issue a 'don t fly with them' day .....

:-)

Mark

Like 0      
11 Apr 2009 10:56 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Not ANOTHER Ryanair thread ?

This message was last edited by morerosado on 4/11/2009.

Like 0      
11 Apr 2009 11:54 AM by saffronbilli Star rating in Dorset and Villamart.... 63 posts Send private message

Well personally I dont have a bad word to say about Ryanair - when we can get flights from our local airport (30 minutes away) into Murcia (20 minutes from our apartment) for as little as £2.50 all in, I can't fault them!  We very rarely pay more than £10 a flight! We only take hand luggage, take our own food and drink and use the correct debit card so we don't get charged and play them at their own game! Next week we are taking over our daughter and partner and their 2 children and it has cost them £80 return (no taxes or anything, just £80 total).

And come to think of it I cant say that I've noticed that the staff are rude or unhelpful on any of our trips and we used them at least a dozen times since last January.

Like 0      
11 Apr 2009 4:28 PM by acune Star rating. 63 posts Send private message

Hi Saffronbilli,,

Hi Saffronbilli,

How do  you manage to get such bargain, I am often on look out for such bargains ,  I am in London ,,,,,,,,, To Murcia Airport And we are 5 mins drive airport  to our apartment ..

may be you share the bargains .         

Vince ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Like 0      
11 Apr 2009 8:51 PM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar

We too have had lots of cheap flights with Ryanair. We used them 2 weeks ago and the cabin crew could not have been more polite or helpful. 

The only unpleasant bit was the mad rush and queue jumping from a few passengers who had little to gain by their actions!

Daveil

Like 0      
14 Apr 2009 8:10 AM by rodger Star rating in Lulworth, Dorset.. 59 posts Send private message

We use Ryanair from Bournemouth to Alicante but now see that the flight arrival is now 2200hrs - a bit late for the busses! And with problems picking up oour friends have shied away from this for the last few trips (we have to get to Torrevieja - usually by bus fom Alicante). We notice that there are flights to Murcia (Javia?) now and arrive at 2000hrs. But the transport there may be a bit lacking. If anyone has any experience on these routes, pleased to be advised.

We never have any problem with Ryanair and always ignore other people's wierd behaviour when travelling (there are not many of them and they are too sad to worry about). I also hope one day we will all be charged by weight - baggage and body -  for a fairer system.

Like 0      
14 Apr 2009 8:46 AM by saffronbilli Star rating in Dorset and Villamart.... 63 posts Send private message

We also travel Bournemouth to Murcia and would prefer Murcia airport to alicante anyday. It is much smaller - smaller than Bournemouth. We always pick up a hire car (of which there are plenty) so dont really know what public transport facilities are like, although there are always plenty of taxis about.

Like 0      
14 Apr 2009 10:33 AM by rodger Star rating in Lulworth, Dorset.. 59 posts Send private message

Saffronbilli, which hire car co. do you use/recommend? We tend to keep the cost down and use public transport but as far as know there is not much in the way of busses.

Like 0      
14 Apr 2009 11:57 AM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Our friend recently flew into Murcia San Javier airport, as she was staying in Murcia city.  If she had mentioned it to us, we would have recommended Alicante as there is a regular bus service from Alicante airport to Murcia!  Having said that, she got a taxi from the airport to San Javier (10-11 euros), where she and her daughter picked up a bus that went into Murcia, and she could also have got a bus from San Pedro to Murcia, according to a helpful man in the airport who overhead their horror at being told a taxi to Murcia would be 60 euros!

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
14 Apr 2009 2:13 PM by saffronbilli Star rating in Dorset and Villamart.... 63 posts Send private message

For car hire we always use Econorent booked through www.hirecarsinspain. They seem to be highly recommended and I think there are quite a few threads on this site about them. Anyway we always find them very good - never had to queue, always waiting with the car and no problems whatsoever.

Like 0      
14 Apr 2009 2:29 PM by funluvin99 Star rating in Scotland / Moraira. 96 posts Send private message

funluvin99´s avatar

we have also used econorent through hirecarsinspain  a lot (albeit from Alicante) and they have been good - no queues, cars there and easy to return.

Funluvin

Never let anyone tell you what you can't do!!

Like 0      
07 May 2009 1:13 PM by sneha Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

What gets me about ryanair is trying to figure out the final charges. It's like reading a legal document and you olnky know when you asre netering your crdit card.

Arthur

Like 0      
07 May 2009 6:48 PM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

ryan air do a good cheap flight from stanstead into jerez fo rthose who need to get to the Duquesa end of the costa del sol

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      
07 May 2009 8:48 PM by canaries Star rating in norwich. 24 posts Send private message

I have used the Ryan air to Jerez in the past but it now more expensive than the Malaga route. Also it does not fly everyday. The only problem with flying into Malaga is the tolls on the road to Estepona. They have more than doubled in the last year.

Like 0      
07 May 2009 10:38 PM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

canaries

i must beg to differ, i have the option of ideally

a) monarch from luton to gib

b) ej or monarch to malaga

c) new route ej gatwick to gib

d) ra stanstead to jerez

a) price themselves out of it 8/10

b) similar to a)

c) has been good April it was £80 all in return

d) best used for summer -last year in both Aug and oct it worked out at aug-£100ph return all in booked only 2 weeks prior

Oct £64 all in retunr booked 3 weeks prior

booking now for August its £126 all in?

Like 0      
13 May 2009 5:54 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Not wishing to extend the Ryanair thread.....but.....heard on the radio coming home that, as from June 1st there will be no booking in desks (which we all knew) and you have to use a "drop-off" area if you have hold luggage.  However, you will be charged £5/€5 to book in on line and print your own boarding cards off whether you have hold or hand luggage.  If you forget, or cannot get them to print or whatever and turn up without the boarding cards, you will have to pay £40 to get them issued at the airport.

Also checked flights for August (6 of us) and BMI and Easyjet were cheaper than Ryanair by a great deal.  Monarch and Thomson were more expensive.  In fact, Ryanair was almost £200 more expensive BEFORE the booking in and credit card fees.

Like 0      
14 May 2009 8:05 AM by deniababe Star rating in Herefordshire & Deni.... 9 posts Send private message

Ryanair seem to be etting much tighter - we flew back from Alicante on the weekend and they were measuring handluggage on the case rack and being very strict on only one piece of hand luggage - handbags and purses had to be in the case. First time that happened even though they didn't bother flying from uk.

Like 0      
14 May 2009 9:57 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

We flew back with Ryan at the weekend. Yes they were measuring the luggage. Don't undertand the problem. They tell you the maximum size and weight. Its only a problem if you try to flout their rules. Yes they asked people for extra money. Maybe they should have booked a suitcase in. I thought the flight was very good, value for money. Try going on the other airlines and break their rules. You'll be treated the same.

Like 0      
14 May 2009 10:05 AM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

when flying to spain they have always had the metal stand which is made to the given dimensions of the allowed baggage it is hilarious at times to see people wedging it in etc to prove its size, age old argument about total weight of passenger and their baggage hasnt seemed to get anywhere mind

i thought the uk government bought in a ruling a year or so ago that all carriers had to display full cost of flights on their websites?

Like 0      
15 May 2009 8:30 AM by deniababe Star rating in Herefordshire & Deni.... 9 posts Send private message

Didn' have any probs with my hand luggage but it was surprising the amount of people who had bought last minute thngs at the airport and had tucked items in the extra pockets - widh meant it would go into the meta cage but not come out - they weren't weighing though!  Just held the flight up as they had already changed gates at the last minute - still made good time though and as you quite rightly say value is good. Anyone noticed how they are sending out emails of their special offers but no bargain flights to Spain at the moment?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Alicante - 0 posts
Monarch increase hold baggage price! - 17 posts
pool safety - 3 posts
Can I withhold some of my community fees? - 1 posts
PLEASE HELP RE CANNOT ACCESS E-MAILS FROM YAHOO - 10 posts
Advice required re non completion of amenities. Can we withdraw from contract due to this? - 18 posts
Bankruptcy check estate agent /developer - 1 posts
Interested in exchanging? We are searching for a property on the Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Interested in exchanging? We are searching for a property on the Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Certificate of habitation - 8 posts
I need a 3 bed and 2 bed Estepona to Manilva - 3 posts
Expired ITV Help! - 6 posts
Directions to Torremolinas please - 5 posts
PROBLEMS WITH YAHOO. - 3 posts
Items for Sale - 0 posts
Happy Easter EOS - 5 posts
MAYMAR RESTAURANT, CATRAL - 2 posts
Modelo 212 - 11 posts
Driving Ban - 26 posts
Londoner - Barclays Spain - 9 posts
Mercury.es anyone have any good experiences etc? - 0 posts
price reduction confortlin eco flax bedding equestrian direct spain - 0 posts
Not exactly Flights to Spain... - 1 posts
Simulsat V Torresat - 7 posts
Medsea Estate Agents - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 43

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x