Would anyone be interested....?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Mar 2009 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

in an evening at a local venue where we do language exchange. You just bring your language along and you can get practising with someone who wants to learn your language and vice versa. We would do a couple of ice breaker games and then hopefully people could get practising their conversational spanish. If you have children or granchildren in tow you needn't worry about getting a babysitter as there would be plenty of space for the children to run around. PM me if you are interested. We ar thinking of doing it in May.

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
20 Mar 2009 2:20 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Okay so I will knock that idea on the head then. Maria and I just thought it would be a nice opportunity for members to get together and practise our Spanish since many people comment that they don't get too many opportunities to practise despite living in Spain and visiting often.

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
20 Mar 2009 2:26 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Hi Susan

I hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread?  It's just that we were talking about the same idea a few days ago, however we live in Jumilla, in Murcia region, so your venue will be too far away for us!  Any tips, ideas for ice-breakers etc would be very helpful. 

Anybody who lives near Jumilla and would like to come along, please PM me.  As we are hoping to move into our new apartment some time in April, we are likely to be organising our first get together some time in May.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
20 Mar 2009 2:32 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Sue

I am glad that the idea is taking off at your end. What I had in mind was a small questionnaire i.e name, number of children, fave colour in both languages and then each person would have to present their language "partner". I was going to ask Costa's wife for ideas as she knows loads of games

Susan

Like 0      
20 Mar 2009 2:56 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

Hi Susan,

I wouldn´t mind taking part and meet people

Ana

Ana Sánchez. PGCE, MA & BA(Hons)

Teaching and Translation Services

Like 0      
20 Mar 2009 3:04 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

Susan,

you could show us how well you dance sevillanas!!

Ana

Like 0      
20 Mar 2009 3:11 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

people could also bring some food and drinks?

It sounds very exciting!

Like 0      
20 Mar 2009 4:19 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I'm surprised there isn't more interest in this really.  It's a great opportunity to meet people (other expats and Spanish) and learn some language in the process.

Justin

Like 0      
20 Mar 2009 4:25 PM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

I would love to join in. the EOS ideas are always great fun and Justin is a scream.

This message was last edited by myra cecilia on 3/20/2009.

Myra Cecilia. www.costaadvicebureau.com

Like 0      
24 Mar 2009 8:21 AM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Hi Susan,

I´m definitely up for this.  Ana (Nati) has been bullying me in to speaking more Spanish, so hopefully this will help.  We were out with some friends at the weekend and they said they would be up for it as well.  They are both Brits - one Spanish speaker, and one non-Spanish speaker.

Thanks for organising this.

David

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2009 6:44 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I am sure it will be lots of fun and relax specially for us with little children. Great oportunity to socialize out of the regular circles and laugh a bit by practising languages. Childrens will have their own games and fun.....and babysitters! Come on! Join the EOS language group!

Susan, maybe we need to start another thread saying Spanish-English free lessons in Alcaidesa

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 3/24/2009.

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 3/24/2009.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
26 Mar 2009 12:59 AM by axwhale Star rating in Kent. 39 posts Send private message

If I were over in Spain I would love to come along . Any chance to learn some Spanish would be great. All of you who are able to do it enjoy you lucky lot.

Like 0      
26 Mar 2009 8:21 AM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

Axwhale,

you are in the Uk and would love to be part of this initiative. However, people over here don´t seem very interested and it is a shame as it is a great opportunity to meet people and practise Spanish/English.

I hope if we keep this thread up more people start to join

Ana

Like 0      
26 Mar 2009 1:18 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I think people get a bit lazy when they realise that you can live in Spain and not be able to speak a word in Spanish. My mum always says "I could never live in Spain, I can't speak Spanish!" She doesn't realise that it isn't that much of  a barrier as you would imagine. I am happy if only a handful of people representing each language comes. Perhaps it is better to start small. I am going to invite my Italian friend along for some Italian practise too

Susan

Like 0      
26 Mar 2009 1:34 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

Susan,

I think that´s a good idea, the more languages the better. I like it.

Ana

Like 0      
26 Mar 2009 7:15 PM by Nieve Star rating in Coto Real Duquesa, M.... 1 posts Send private message

Hi All

My name is Helga and I am from Iceland. Ana just told me about your idea to meet and practice in languages you want to learn. Also this is a good idea to meet people. I'm interested in participating and I will tell some of the other moms from my son's school about this and see if more people are interested. Good idea, although I seriously doubt that anyone wants to learn Icelandic, I am interested in practicing my Spanish:-)

Helga

Like 0      
27 Mar 2009 8:39 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Helga

Thanks for your support with this and welcome to Eye on Spain!

I hope we get lots more interest as this could be really good for everyone.

Justin

Like 0      
27 Mar 2009 8:43 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Helga

You can teach me Icelandic, all languages fascinate me

Susan

Like 0      
27 Mar 2009 9:36 AM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

Helga,

the good thing about this event is that you can take your kids with you as well.

Ana

Like 0      
27 Mar 2009 10:14 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Awesome: Well, I can invite my Russian, Danish and Belgian friends.

María L. de Castro

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

"Living next door to Alice" - 1 posts
Lots of questions about electricity connection/contracts/meters etc !! - 2 posts
Will Atlético move to Estadio La Peineta? - 1 posts
Newbie - 2 posts
what is the difference between potentially and realistically - 1 posts
Sea fishing - 8 posts
Merienda - 7 posts
Fines and the Guardia Civil - 9 posts
Hacienda Taray- Hacienda San Cayetano - 6 posts
Contract revision: an alternative to judicial affair - 0 posts
Sky dish 1.9 inc digi box, cable and card for sale - 4 posts
Hi everyone - 4 posts
sole trader - 0 posts
pattison1951 - 1 posts
Flamenco - 8 posts
Mugging in Duqessa - 36 posts
Newbie - 2 posts
Dynamic Currency Conversion - 0 posts
stay in uk - 28 posts
Experienced fish fryer required for fish and chip shop in Costa Del Sol - 4 posts
News for Barclays Spain mortgage holders - 8 posts
Help Moving to spain - 2 posts
Community Meeting - 1 posts
Importing a UK registered motorcycle - 3 posts
A Bullet for the King - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 23

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x