How to find out who owns a property

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by samdxx Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi guys and girls, I need a little help or advice please. I have seen a very abandoned property in Salou in Spain and was wondering how I would find out who owns it. I have looked up this place on the internet and someone has taken photos of it and called it Fidel's Villa in Salou, Spain. It is used at the moment by homeless and it is very run down but the potential is beautiful. I have visited it lots of times in the day and I absolutly love it but it would take a whole heap of money to renovate but it would just be nice to find out who owns it and how much it would be.

Can anyone give me a hand? If so I would be very grateful.

Cheers

Sam

Like 0      
17 Feb 2009 4:44 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Sam,

You will need the full adrress of the property and Libro (book) number to be able to check the title deeds with Land Registry,you may find this a little bit of a minefield on your own but a lawyer should be able to do this for you with enough information.

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
18 Feb 2009 11:44 AM by Atukase Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

If you can't get the Finca number (Registry number, not the road number), you may be able to locate the owner at the cadastre. For that, you can already locate the property online (ovc . catastro . meh . es) putting the province, town, road and eventually number. This will bring you to a map where you can pinpoint the property and obtain a "cadastral reference". This cadastral reference, if shown to the Cadastre office (I beleive in Alicante, it is SUMA that deals with it - (suma . es) - their site is also in english), will give you the name of the (cadastral) owner.

This message was last edited by Atukase on 2/18/2009.

Like 0      
30 Mar 2009 11:43 PM by Fairway Lawyers Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

The land registry is fine but it will not give you straigh away the owner's address or the contact number. The cadastro contains the address and the property owner's name, but it is not likely that you get access to it as the information it contains is subject to the data protection act and your case would not be accepted as valid to release the information. 

Check with the nearest Spanish neighbour, or leave a note, and good luck!

Like 0      
09 Jun 2009 6:49 AM by judithscott Star rating in Austin,TX. 13 posts Send private message

All land is registered with the land registry. You can ask for a search to be done and this will give you the information you require.All land is registered with the land registry. You can ask for a search to be done and this will give you the information you require.

Like 0      
04 Jul 2017 7:13 PM by Robertmede Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi guys, i have a samé question... It might change something in 8 years, thank you for aby answere :)

Like 0      
03 Aug 2017 6:50 AM by inland_andalucia Star rating in Mollina, Andalucia. 6 posts Send private message

Go to the Registry of Deeds website for the state and county where your mystery property is located. Perform a property search. Enter the street number and street address of the mystery property in the appropriate fields.

Like 0      
11 Apr 2018 5:17 PM by Vital9459 Star rating in Fethiye. 2 posts Send private message

Vital9459´s avatar

maybe you can ask the neighbors, I did it once :)

Like 0      
11 Apr 2018 5:25 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

The original post is 9 years old.....

Like 0      
11 Apr 2018 6:13 PM by Vital9459 Star rating in Fethiye. 2 posts Send private message

Vital9459´s avatar

ops really, that right :)  didn't check the date

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Buying furniture in the UK to ship to Spain - 10 posts
New rules imposed before first AGM - 8 posts
Renault Megane Grand Scenic 7 Seater 4 years old €10,250 (Murcia) - 0 posts
Billy - 1 posts
Door Grills - 2 posts
Air Con recommendations? - 0 posts
Denia or Javea - 7 posts
For Sale: Iveco Daily XLWB 3500kg. - 0 posts
How should a community be run? - 7 posts
wanted villa in pinar de campoverde - 0 posts
SUMA - A RANT !!! - 7 posts
Smoking in Spanish restaurants - 58 posts
DVD player from the UK - 10 posts
Jet2 relax some of their charges - 0 posts
Can any one help! - 4 posts
Solmar Car Hire Charges - 48 posts
good place to eat in guadamar - 3 posts
Spanish Love Poetry for Valentines Day - 2 posts
Another newbie needing help with completion - 2 posts
6 Nations 2009 - 48 posts
Ariving on flight blah blah - 7 posts
Bank of Spain petition - latest - 3 posts
New Criminal Activity - can anyone substantiate - 7 posts
New to Eye on spain - 3 posts
New Criminal Activity - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x