Can any one help!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by Harbo Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Hi everyone

My name is Keith and I am a new member.I was wondering if any one can help me,I bought on phase 1 from Macanthony realty approx 4 years ago and the development is late as you all know.My solicitor is saying I have no cancellation rights as I didnt cancel before the licences were granted which were 2 years late, the licences were granted dec 07 so the developer is saying that now I am over a year late in completing and am also at fault. This I find wrong as they were late first and have had 61k euros of my money for four years or so. I was never informed by Macanthoney or my solicitior that I had a cancelation period at all, does any one know where I stand legally, the developer has offered me a discount of 7% which I have refused.  When I bought the property the 30% deposit was to help me get a self cert mortgage but I am now told I cannot raise the balance because of the changes in the global mortgage situation. I paid 193k in euros for the property which is a penthouse but I cant rely on selling it quickly,can any one help regards Keith

Like 0      
16 Feb 2009 11:04 AM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

Sorry to hear of your dilemna Harbo. Could you not raise cash on your UK property? If you can complete in Spain at least you do not lose your dpeosit.

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
16 Feb 2009 11:55 AM by Harbo Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Hio acapulco

i cant raise enough in the uk and would struggle with the repayments,i would ideally like my money back even if it wasnt all of what i paid

Like 0      
16 Feb 2009 2:21 PM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Hello Keith.

Sounds like bad news. Have you asked the question. What licence is being discussed, build licence or licence of first occupation? This is very important. I would like to add that you cannot receive a correct answer to your question if the person intending to assist does not have a copy of your purchase contract in their possesion. Do not give up.

Myra Cecilia

Myra Cecilia. www.costaadvicebureau.com

Like 0      
17 Feb 2009 6:09 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I have sent a PM to you-You might expose the current lack of financiation as a reason for you not being liable of contract breach.

Best,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Solmar Car Hire Charges - 48 posts
good place to eat in guadamar - 3 posts
Spanish Love Poetry for Valentines Day - 2 posts
Another newbie needing help with completion - 2 posts
6 Nations 2009 - 48 posts
Ariving on flight blah blah - 7 posts
Bank of Spain petition - latest - 3 posts
New Criminal Activity - can anyone substantiate - 7 posts
New to Eye on spain - 3 posts
New Criminal Activity - 4 posts
Child Maintenance Issue. - 1 posts
Aifos Demand Letters - 5 posts
Snowing again! - 5 posts
Proposals for AGM - 12 posts
Blue Tits, Fat Balls & Pinched Nuts - 13 posts
Local Moving Company - 0 posts
MURCIA? MAR MENOR? COSTA CALIDA? - 14 posts
Interior Paint - 5 posts
unwanted furniture packs - 1 posts
A task for Justin re mobile sites - 0 posts
One for the PC techies please? - 11 posts
How much to sue a builder? - 11 posts
Iberdrola & Aguaquest bills online - 11 posts
El Pinet Rental - 0 posts
Property management - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x