SUMA - A RANT !!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by gillian Star rating in Colchester and Altea.... 187 posts Send private message

I can't believe how difficult it has been to pay my SUMA bills ! Firstly we don't usually arrive in Spain until Friday pm and the offices are then shut we then leave early Monday am.Because of this (and not being able to post a cheque through the door as there is nowhere to put it - and not being able to EVER get through to any SUMA phone number - I was then late paying the bill.The bank wouldnt take it,the town hall wouldnt take it and believe it or not SUMA wouldnt take it either when I finally managed to get to Spain earlier and they were open.

I apparently have to wait until another bill is issued with interest added.I asked if this could be sent to my Spanish address so that I could ask someone to pay it for me  -as office closed etc etc !!!  No it cant  ! They have to hold it in the office "but office closed when I arrive etc etc !!!!!! " I even offered to leave the money with them but wasnt allowed to do that either.

At least I have now set up a standing order for next year so I wont have a repeat of this but I am still left not knowing how to pay this current bill.Its the first time I have ever had problems PAYING a bill !

To add insult to injury the two people I spoke to in the SUMA office were just incredibly rude - so so unlike most of the people I have come across in Spain who have been wondefully helpful.

Have others experienced similar problems or better still any ideas how I can pay it !!

Gilly & Ralph

Like 0      
18 Feb 2009 2:26 PM by firsteuro Star rating in Hondon de las Nieves. 58 posts Send private message

firsteuro´s avatar

Hi Folks,

I may be wrong here, but you do not pay your bills at the Suma office - or at least we don't here.

The Suma office issues the bills and you pay them at your bank as detailed on the reverse of the suma bill.

As I said I may be wrong but I have never had to pay at the office directly for car or house taxes, I just take the bill into my bank and pay from tha account or you can take it into any of the banks detailed on the reverse and pay at them by cash or card.

If I am correct then I hope this helps and if I am wrong "I will get my coat".

Steve

Like 0      
18 Feb 2009 2:51 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

We did the same Steve.

Our bank, fortunately was one of the named ones, so we just popped in and did it. No fuss at all.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
18 Feb 2009 3:58 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi,

Yes that is what we did, went to the suma office we had two bill/s to pay.  Came baxk to the village and paid it at the local bank.

Which I will be doing this year, I might be wrong but I think you can set up a direct debit at the suma office if you want to.

Pat 

Like 0      
18 Feb 2009 4:11 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

I don't understand why anyone needs to go to the Suma office?

Ours arrived in the post.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
18 Feb 2009 4:35 PM by gillian Star rating in Colchester and Altea.... 187 posts Send private message

Hi there,

You are all correct about the SUMA office.I only had to pay it there because I was late paying it and the bank wouldnt take it.But once you are late it seems that you then have to deal with SUMA direct at least in Altea. Luckily as I said I have sorted out a standing order for next time which is clearly the easiest but still have to pay the outstanding one.

My bank is not on the list of banks that they deal with so couldnt even do it electronically !

Believe it or not we are even trying to change our flights so we can get out to Altea before the SUMA office closes next Friday - by the time I have finished it will have cost a fortune !! Still I guess we live and learn.

Gilly & Ralph

Like 0      
18 Feb 2009 4:35 PM by gillian Star rating in Colchester and Altea.... 187 posts Send private message

Hi there,

You are all correct about the SUMA office.I only had to pay it there because I was late paying it and the bank wouldnt take it.But once you are late it seems that you then have to deal with SUMA direct at least in Altea. Luckily as I said I have sorted out a standing order for next time which is clearly the easiest but still have to pay the outstanding one.

My bank is not on the list of banks that they deal with so couldnt even do it electronically !

Believe it or not we are even trying to change our flights so we can get out to Altea before the SUMA office closes next Friday - by the time I have finished it will have cost a fortune !! Still I guess we live and learn.

Gilly & Ralph

Like 0      
18 Feb 2009 5:04 PM by sandiemac Star rating in Ireland/El Barranco .... 22 posts Send private message

Hi there

its all new to me.

Who calculates the amount of SUMA tax you pay????

We have just paid our solicitor a fee of 145.00 to pay a bill of 7.62euro because we only signed for our property late in december.

Would our apartment be registered because we didnt get a bill.The solicitors just emailed us with the price,do you have to own your apartment for any amount of time before you get a bil????

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Smoking in Spanish restaurants - 58 posts
DVD player from the UK - 10 posts
Jet2 relax some of their charges - 0 posts
Can any one help! - 4 posts
Solmar Car Hire Charges - 48 posts
good place to eat in guadamar - 3 posts
Spanish Love Poetry for Valentines Day - 2 posts
Another newbie needing help with completion - 2 posts
6 Nations 2009 - 48 posts
Ariving on flight blah blah - 7 posts
Bank of Spain petition - latest - 3 posts
New Criminal Activity - can anyone substantiate - 7 posts
New to Eye on spain - 3 posts
New Criminal Activity - 4 posts
Child Maintenance Issue. - 1 posts
Aifos Demand Letters - 5 posts
Snowing again! - 5 posts
Proposals for AGM - 12 posts
Blue Tits, Fat Balls & Pinched Nuts - 13 posts
Local Moving Company - 0 posts
MURCIA? MAR MENOR? COSTA CALIDA? - 14 posts
Interior Paint - 5 posts
unwanted furniture packs - 1 posts
A task for Justin re mobile sites - 0 posts
One for the PC techies please? - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x