Buying furniture in the UK to ship to Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by DWatson Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Has anyone bought a complete furniture package in the UK (we need to furnish a 1 bed penthouse) and shipped to Spain.  If so, which companies would you recommend?  Prices seem so expensive now in Spain, we are certain we could buy cheaper here but the problem seems to be getting everything shipped to Spain .

Any ideas?

Like 0      
20 Feb 2009 6:21 PM by chica71 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

We have just been quoted 4800 euros to furnish our 1 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment is that good?. if you want to pm me i will give you the details of the company. Thanks

Like 0      
20 Feb 2009 6:44 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

In Contrast I have just brought a gorgeous mexican pine sideboard from a second hand shop, it is over 2m long with four draws over four doors with lovely black iron handles, it is the most fantastic piece of wood I;ve ever seen. I took me a day to rub it down and now stands pride of place with the flat screen tv on it. Cost after haggle 80e

Steve

Like 0      
28 Feb 2009 7:55 PM by p11cne Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Hi

I recomend that you take the list that the furniture supplier has given you and take a trip to IKEA and price what you want up and then take the list to a spanish Ikea and compare from what I have heard that IKEA prices are not far off UK price.

I did the same and found that I could save on average 2000pounds over the Suppliers price

Like 0      
28 Feb 2009 8:31 PM by kaybeejay Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi Dwatson

My partner and I are just about to hand the keys of our apartment back to the bank because we cannot afford the mortgage any more.

We have a complete mexican furniture package which we need to sell. Also all the white goods needed for an apartment.

If you are interested let me know. I would be quite happy for you to see it all first and pay me after.

My rental agent would unlock and show you around.

Zoe

Like 0      
02 Mar 2009 9:55 PM by p11cne Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Hi aybeejay

I would be interested I will be in spain to sign over my new apartment hich i purchased with polaris world 3 years ago and the ende is here it just happened that the good times have also come to an end I have to complete or loose a large deposit but now need to make some money back with rental and need to furnsh it if you could let me have further details or if we can arrange a viewing while iam in spain.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2009 9:25 AM by kaybeejay Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

The furniture we bought was the Mexican package from Furniture Express Spain. If you go to their website you can see evrything that's included. They are selling for 5900 euros. I will take considerably less than that. One of the problems is that the deal would have to be concluded fairly quickly because the bank are going to want the keys to the apartment soon.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2009 2:54 PM by mikey123 Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

We are selling our 2-bed 2-bathroom apartment on the Arenal Golf Development, Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol in June09. We would like to sell our furniture separately.

The apartment is beautifully furnished with all the furniture in great condition and all fully functional. It is also to a much better specification than the expensive furniture packs you can get and has many additional items, so that you will not have to buy anything else for your apartment.

Please look on our website to see photos; http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/homedisplay.asp?home_id=28599&force=true

We’re over 12th to 20th April, if anyone would like to view things.

All our furniture and accessories must go, it includes;

1x beautiful teak garden table

6x teak garden chairs

1x very large BBQ (and BBQ utensils)

1 x Malm Ikea king size bed with duvet, pillows and bedding

2 x Malm Ikea single beds with duvets, pillows and bedding

4 x Malm Ikea bed side tables

4x small Ikea Malm 2 drawer chest of drawers

2x Large Malm Ikea 3 drawer chest of drawers

2 x Medium Malm Ikea 3 drawer chest of drawers

2 x brown 3-seater leather sofa beds

2x oak Ikea Malm storage boxes

1x large dining room mirror (circa 2m x 1m)

2x stained glass mirrors (circa 1.5m x 1m)

1 x large glass Ikea coffee table

1 x Ikea glass fronted tv,dvd/video cabinet

1x oak cd / dvd rack

1x Goodmans t.v (inc dvd player and controllers)

3 sets of Ikea cream curtains and 3 x curtain poles (inc ends) 

Locally made lamps (about 2m tall)

3x bedside lamps

1 x Large Ikea Oak Dinning table (can seat upto 8)

6x wooden dining room chairs

Crockery, untensils, mats, pots and pans

Cups, bowls, cutlery, glasses and plates for 6 people (and spares)

Wooden salad bowls

White serving dishes

Leather place mats and coasters

1x kettle

1x toaster

1x coffee percolator

All white goods (washing machine, dishwasher, fridge / freezer)

1x steam iron and ironing board

brushes and mop / bucket

various framed pictures

2x silver toilet brushes

and a partridge in a pear tree!!!!!

Like 0      
17 Mar 2009 8:41 PM by johnbennett Star rating. 30 posts Send private message

Hi,

In response to D watson regarding buying furniture here and shipping it to Spain.

We have just purchased everything we possibly need to set up our 1 bed penthouse and by doing this have shopped at our leisure and chosen exactly what we want. Also having a much wider choice in this country.

We used a someone from Almeria to collect our furniture, ship it and deliver it to our apartment also in Almeria (Almerimar)

With the euro being so strong against the pound it was much cheaper to buy here.

We would be glad to pass on the company details to anyone that wants them as we are more than pleased with their service and price.

Like 0      
17 Mar 2009 9:51 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

We've just been looking for a desk and drawers for study area and found IKEA in the UK quite a lot cheaper than in Spain, eg Gustav desk in UK £155, in Spain 229 euros. Gustav drawers in UK £106, in Spain 139 euros.

Regards, Poppyseed

Poppyseed

Like 0      
15 May 2009 5:28 PM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

I imagine the difference in cost illustrated by Poppyseed simply represents the difference in currency as if calculated at 1.40e to £ it is very similar, we found many bargins in spain and certainly recommend that one purchases themselves whether it be in the UK or Spain rather than a furntiure pack as the majority seem to be of lower end quality and very bland, I suppose all is relevant to what you pay for it.

for those needing temporary blinds see my pals website www.blindsinabox.co.uk cheap and light when travelling

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New rules imposed before first AGM - 8 posts
Renault Megane Grand Scenic 7 Seater 4 years old €10,250 (Murcia) - 0 posts
Billy - 1 posts
Door Grills - 2 posts
Air Con recommendations? - 0 posts
Denia or Javea - 7 posts
For Sale: Iveco Daily XLWB 3500kg. - 0 posts
How should a community be run? - 7 posts
wanted villa in pinar de campoverde - 0 posts
SUMA - A RANT !!! - 7 posts
Smoking in Spanish restaurants - 58 posts
DVD player from the UK - 10 posts
Jet2 relax some of their charges - 0 posts
Can any one help! - 4 posts
Solmar Car Hire Charges - 48 posts
good place to eat in guadamar - 3 posts
Spanish Love Poetry for Valentines Day - 2 posts
Another newbie needing help with completion - 2 posts
6 Nations 2009 - 48 posts
Ariving on flight blah blah - 7 posts
Bank of Spain petition - latest - 3 posts
New Criminal Activity - can anyone substantiate - 7 posts
New to Eye on spain - 3 posts
New Criminal Activity - 4 posts
Child Maintenance Issue. - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x