Register to pay taxes

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Feb 2009 00:00 by peterray Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Do I have to register to pay my La Renta tax and if so do I need to go to my local tax office

billums doggims Vejer de la frontera /Watford

Like 0      
04 Feb 2009 10:38 by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2350 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

No, if you have an NIE (NIF) number, the tax office have you registered already.

When you fill your tax form in, you have to enter this number on the form.

You will need to get Pagatinas (Identification stickers), which are stuck onto your tax form and are exclusive to you.

Kind regards,



One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:


Like 0      
04 Feb 2009 11:03 by Mar Durio Star rating. 54 posts Send private message

First of all, you have to fill the 030 form in, in order to get your "Pegatinas " and at your Bank with the 210 form with the Pegatina stick on it.

Like 0      
04 Feb 2009 12:18 by morerosado Star rating in Guardamar del Segura.... 6933 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

We had to go to the tax office for our area (Elche) & show our NIE certificates in order to obtain our pegatinas. (We understood we could have had these sent out to our Spanish address but we have no post boxes STILL even after around 5 yrs ! Correos keeps moving the goal posts for us all on our massive urb to use those post boxes that all the 30 odd communities have put by their communal pools).

We haven't completed a 030 form. Why would we need to, in order to obtain pegatinas ? (Maybe it is different in different areas. )

We've completed our own 214's for two years, having had a fiscal rep submit them for the 1st year.

Regarding the 030 modelo : HOWEVER, we have been advised by a friend ( who just happens to be a fiscal rep in Spain) that as our address has been 'changed' from the one we were known as (plot number etc) which is the address on our pegatinas, we should submit a 030, which we have arranged to do, to advise tax office of our fiscal address which we were given when we signed on the Padron. We haven't actually moved. I expect many should be submitting 030 modelo for the reason we were told to. Most of us buy off plan with just a plot number to go by initially.

Regarding registering As I understand it, (& I'm happy to be corrected by a lawyer who deals regularly with the tax situation, I believe Mar Durio does that) until you have submitted your 1st tax form ( whichever one it is/was, 214 or 210) you are not registered with your tax office !  That probably is why, with so many not starting to pay their taxes, the tax offices are not currently persuing these.

It's interesting  (one word anyway) learning about things we may not tackle in our own country.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 2/4/2009.









Like 0      
29 Mar 2009 12:53 by NeilinElche Star rating in Elche. 40 posts Send private message

Hi Morerosado

Different tax offices take a different approach to this one. For example, last year Huercal Overa tax office wouldn't give our clients a certificate of fiscal residence (which is sometimes needed in order for us to complete the requirements for an IRFD9 form - double tax relief between UK and Spain) unless they were registered, even though the Renta had been filed and the first instalment of tax had been paid in each case.

Conversely, Elche, Orihuela and Almeria all issued the certificate of fiscal residence providing tax had been paid without the registration form.....but to be certain we now register all of our clients before filing anything.

In addition, the registration is imperative for non tax payers, since without this their entitlement to CGT relief and succession tax supression provisions may be withheld.

Trust this helps.



Neil Jenkins Stalwart Wealth Maangement - www.stalwartwealthmanagement....

Like 0      
28 May 2009 16:53 by kinsale1 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message


This is my first time paying Spanish taxes and I am submitting myself for my sins. I have the forms all completed and ready to take to bank.

Our solicitor did have PoA until recently so I don't know whether any correspondence ie. pegatinas would have gone there for us. So do I have to/can I  register independently with tax office to get the stickers and pre-addressed envlelope required to pay at the bank?

Does anybody know if this is a quick thing ie. can you get them there and then on the day?

Hoping that my two week holiday isn't going to turn into a tax nightmare! I'm already off to the Town Hall on same trip to pay IBI.

Really appreciate any guidance.



Like 0      
28 May 2009 17:21 by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2350 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Kinsale 1

Well done you, doing your own taxes!

It's such an achievement isn't it?!

You can order your Pagatinas from tha tax office online and they will be posted to your Spanish address.

You will need to have your NIE (NIF) number for this.

Alternatively, you can go to your local Spanish tax office and get them there and then.

You can also buy the complete 210 tax form pack which includes the envelope at the same time (Only a euro or so)

Hope this helps,



One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:


Like 0      
28 May 2009 19:11 by kinsale1 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi FIbbyUK,

Thanks very much for your help.



Like 0      
29 May 2009 12:26 by leswill Star rating. 120 posts Send private message

Hello Kinsale1,

If you use the online system to request your stickers and your solicitor is registered as the contact address for correspondence you will not receive them - they will go to the solicitor.  To change the correspondence address you will need to complete a modelo 030, take it with copy of your NIE to your tax office and tick the box to receive stickers then you can do everything at once.  You could pay the tax there as well.


Like 0      
29 May 2009 23:41 by kinsale1 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi Leswill,

Thanks for your post.

I did try to register online but the spanish phrase that came up in response seemed to be saying that this request has already been received. This would make sense if my solicitor had already requested and she is the name/address on mailing address.

Just been back and forth throughtout the aeat webiste to try to download the 030 form and can't manage it. All I keep getting is a 6 page instruction document and not the form itself so it would appear.

May have to just visit the tax office at this rate. Unless anybody has any quick and easy way to download the actual 030 form?





Like 0      
30 May 2009 07:47 by leswill Star rating. 120 posts Send private message

Hello again Kinsale 1,

It is the same form to register initially and to notify of changes to name or address.  I am posting  a link to the form, however you will still need to go to the tax office with it or send it registered post.

I have mentioned this problem in a previous post - if people have previously been using a fiscal rep to complete their tax returns the fiscal/solicitor address will be the one that is registered for correspondence and using the online sticker request in this case will not work.  I provide a sticker collection service for my clients and if necessary complete a change of address form just at an extra cost of postage.



This message was last edited by leswill on 30/05/2009.


Like 0      
26 Jul 2009 11:09 by cherryboy Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Please can someone give me some advice re the Modelo 030 form. I've been told I should advise a new fiscal address as a tax advisor completed our return last year.

On the form do I complete section 4 to show my fiscal address as my property in spain or can I complete section 5 and show my UK address and tick box 501 domiclio fiscal

Do I only need to complete section 1 showing which sections I've completed , section 4 or 5 and then sign in section 9. I am assuming section 2 - idenfiticationd ate shouldn't need to be completed?

Like 0      
27 Jul 2009 09:52 by Mar Durio Star rating. 54 posts Send private message

 Dear Cherryboy,


If you would like to have your fiscal address abroad, you have to complete section 5 and tick box 501.


You need to complete section 1, 4 or 5, 6 if it is different to your fiscal address, and 9


Kind Regards,

Mar Durio
Calle Ancha 30, 2º
E-11201 Algeciras
(t) +34.956.092.687
(f) +34.956.092.697

Like 0      
28 Jul 2009 20:49 by cherryboy Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thhanks everybody for your help. I've now managed to fill in the 030 form and will be off to the Cartegna Tax office in 2 weeks time

Like 0      
02 Sep 2009 21:03 by Dene Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

I followed leswill,s advice and have successfully managed to download my digital certificate. I have managed to change my fiscal address after accessing the AEAT website and can access my tax records online. It shows all the previous form 214,s I have submitted.

I have worked my way through the site using google translator and you can pay all your taxes online. If you have a spanish bank account you can pay by electronic transfer from your account.

Form 210 appears easy to fill out and can be filed and paid online.You can even print off your own stickers.( although you don't need them for filing online)

My fiscal address was shown as my solicitors and using form 30 I have sucessfully changed it ( records were updated the next day).

Like 0      
02 Sep 2009 21:38 by cherryboy Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thanks to everyones advice we got our fiscal address changed ok at the Cartagena tax office using form 030, paid the tax at the bank and then deposited the 210 forms at the tax office.

I'd like to do it on-line next year - does anyone have instructions on how to get setup and download the digital certificate


Like 0      
02 Sep 2009 22:25 by Dene Star rating. 23 posts Send private message


If you go to the thread in spanish taxes forum titled Online registration for the payment of non resident’s la renta tax
and see the entry from leswill in June.

Like 0      
05 Dec 2010 19:49 by flyingcat Star rating in London/Mojacar. 85 posts Send private message

flyingcat´s avatar

Hi, can anyone please give me some detailed advice regarding form 030.

The purpose to fill 030 is to change our fiscal address from our lawyer’s to our own property address in Spain. The form is for both of my husband and me.

I have following questions:

1.    1.  I understand as a non-resident we only need fill sector 1, 4 and 9, is that correct?

2.    2.  Under section 1 which box I should cross? 103 and 104 against ‘modificacion/cambio de domicilio fiscal’ or box 105 and 106 against ‘consignacion/modificacion/cambio de domicilio notificaiones’? Those two headings look similar to me. Also as a couple should we only cross 104 or 106 respectively or we need fill form 030 each seperately? 

3.    3. Under section 4 which should be filled with our property details. The issue here is on our title deed the address is writen as plot number and our lawyer had paid tax for us using the deed address. Town hall has since given a street name and number for the complex. As consequence our apartment has been numbered properly since then. Can we fill this section with new address not plot number as previous? Before we go to visit tax office should we go to Town Hall first to get some sort of paper to show our new proper address (we are still in the same property, did not move at all)?  

Many thanks.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

More Siesta Show - 8 posts
A question for Maria, Faults with new property. Any advice please - 4 posts
British Jobs for British Workers are you seeing Descrimination in Spain - 11 posts
Ryanair to charge £30 if duty free won't fit in hand baggage - 10 posts
Air conditioning units for sale - 2 posts
Nearly new fridge freezer for sale - 2 posts
New Single headboards for sale - 2 posts
Can Movistar switch off your mobile service if you don't use it a lot ? - 23 posts
Anyone tried 'Rent to Buy'? - 5 posts
Return money with an expired Bank Guarantee - 6 posts
EOS Property for sale direct site - Obsolete - 4 posts
Lisa Stych - 1 posts
Mortgage payment freeze: Over 35 Spanish credit institutions have signed an agreement ! - 2 posts
Los Pasos: Rojales (Costa Blanca) childrens nursery - 0 posts
Checking Car for Embargos etc - 3 posts
Let it Snow, let it snow, let it snow.................. - 34 posts
Spanish equivalent of NHBC - 3 posts
Iain - 4 posts
Community Meeting - 2 posts
dog grooming - 3 posts
Community meeting - 4 posts
reputation of lawyers in spain - 7 posts
so many charges and taxes - 4 posts
Start my New Job Today - 15 posts
landscaper of any theme ask me questions - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x