Community Meeting

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by 28sac Star rating in Walsall & Mallorca. 28 posts Send private message

Hi Folks,

We are a complex of 86 apartments and always have a lively general meeting.

We have a mix of nationalities.

Last year 3 of the German owners talked on each point for a very long time hence one point taking 1 1/2 hours to reach voting stage after translation even though they speak perfect English  in the complex. It seemed like this was deliberate.

This resulted in some owners loosing interest and leaving without giving their proxy vote to anyone. What also happened was that all the Agenda was not disccussed and we had reached 7pm with only a short break. This then allowed this small group to take control of the voting for the remaining points with their own votes and some proxy ones.

Can anyone tell me what powers the president or Administrators has over the amount of time a subject can be disccussed?

Can any owner stand up and say enough is enough lets vote?

Most owners are on a tight schedule and had return flights the next day so it was impractical to carry on the meeting the next day.

I would be grateful for any advise.

Like 0      
02 Feb 2009 5:34 PM by deniseatnycs Star rating in Sol Golf Nr Villamar.... 136 posts Send private message

deniseatnycs´s avatar

Hi 28sac

We too have a mixture of nationalities but usually only the owners from the U.K. turn up.  We have a similar problem usually by  tenants (I know!) wanting to know every single detail of everything future and past and have been able to get the meetings to less and less every year.  Firstly we book somewhere public and only book it until 2pm (thats three hours so enough) and second either I as President, or our excellent Administrator stands up and says that seems to have covered most issues and those in favour etc, this always seem to stop them in their tracks and we have the vote.

We find that reminding everyone that we only have the room for so long and the pressure to vote works, we send the agenda out very early and most owners have emailed and had answered any queries, we also ask our owners to obtain quotes and add items to the agenda, and this seems to save time at the meetings also simply because they are involved from the outset as they should be.

The problem is that for many owners this is there only chance to have an input although they do have the chance all year round but never take us up on it.  You have to find a line between letting owners having their say, which is very important and not letting them take over, difficult I know but possible

Like 0      
05 Feb 2009 2:57 PM by 28sac Star rating in Walsall & Mallorca. 28 posts Send private message

Thanks for your reply,

We will take on board what you say and hope for peace to all present.

There will always be some that just love the sound of their own voice.

thanks,

28SAC

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

dog grooming - 3 posts
Community meeting - 4 posts
reputation of lawyers in spain - 7 posts
so many charges and taxes - 4 posts
Start my New Job Today - 15 posts
landscaper of any theme ask me questions - 0 posts
Are you having trouble contacting your property manger on Costa del Sol? - 0 posts
What is the most cost effective way for moving your furniture to Spain from the UK. - 13 posts
What is the most cost effective way for moving your furniture to Spain from the UK. - 6 posts
Dealing with funerals in UK and living in Spain - 17 posts
Successfully sued a builder for not providing facilities promised? - 0 posts
Furniture fitters (Costa Blanca area) - 1 posts
Any help would be appreciated. - 3 posts
Mazarron Country Club - 9 posts
Unable to obtain mortgage! - 14 posts
JUSTIN: Advice sought re Googling for EOS (& others) .. may harm my PC (WOT ?!?) - 17 posts
JUSTIN: Search facility - 2 posts
Fortuna Golf, Mercia. - 3 posts
Apartment rental wanted - 2 posts
Traditional Spanish bbq Heredades - 0 posts
Damp in apartments - 2 posts
MARIA - Can you or anybody else offer ANY advice please. - 0 posts
Swimming Pool - 30 posts
Carnaval de Cádiz - 0 posts
car tax - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x