4Less Group

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Feb 2007 12:00 AM by henrya Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

I purchased a development off plan back in May 2005 in the Mojacar region of Almeria.  I am hoping to complete in the late summer and need a Spanish mortgage to pay the further 75% balance.   My Agents recommended a mortgage broker 4less group.   I have also requested information from Barclays who have a branch in Mojacar.   I probably need a company that does not take fully into account my current uk mortgage (as I believe Barclays do).  The 4 less group have told me that mortgage lenders they deal with base their offer on monthy outgoings compared to incomings and have stated that I should easily be able to borrow the money required.   Has anyone had any dealings with this broker?   Any other recommendations would be appreciated.

Like 0      
28 Feb 2007 4:54 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Barclays will assess your Uk liabilities - interesting terminology you use that their recommended lenders assess outgoings not incomings - does that mean if you have neither any loans nor also any income they can get you a mortgage - absolute garbage! All lenders in Spain need to see proof of net income whether they assess UK liabilities or not - unless of course they are suggesting something different.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
28 Feb 2007 5:08 PM by henrya Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Sorry my bad english (what hope have I got of learning Spanish).  I meant to say they assess your monthly outgoings (i.e Mortgage in UK + Mortgage in Spain) as a percentage of your monthly income (combined salary + investments).

Like 0      
28 Feb 2007 5:17 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

They add UK outgoings to new Spanish outgoings and it must not exceed a certain % of disposable (after tax) income, including pensions and investments. Different lenders assess in different ways (in the same manner as the UK). Some lenders will not advance if you are deemed a professional landlord in the UK (large numbers of buy to let properties on BTL mortgages) but they will credit search the UK so will know about them from your credit file. There are also some lenders that do not look at all UK debt and liabilities and only require bank references instead of bank statements. 

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Easter in Spain - 20 posts
IVA on a investment property that has been resold - 12 posts
heaters - 1 posts
Residencia - 18 posts
buying as a private person or with "sl" - 5 posts
Life Insurance for Spanish mortgages - 22 posts
Dia de Andalucia - 7 posts
Surviving the Nightmare - Spanish Courts a Law Unto Themselves. - 19 posts
La Alhambra Palace in Granada, Spain - 11 posts
Sierra golf - 0 posts
Villa needed in Quesada - 21 posts
Daya Nueva - 2 posts
Airport parking at Murcia - 2 posts
Whats The Real Rental? - 38 posts
Bank valuations - 29 posts
All things (furniture etc) to do with moving in .. websites - 76 posts
Newbie!! - 12 posts
How does selling off plan work? Advice please! - 14 posts
Buying a resale property - need my hand held!! - 133 posts
Recommended Eateries . - 26 posts
Mercedes Benz C270CDI -K ( Station waggon) - 1 posts
Read online newspapers & magazines here (Costa Blanca, Costa Calida, Costa Del Sol etc) - 2 posts
Self Drive van hire - 3 posts
do we have any rights at all - 16 posts
Are Car rental companies making you break the Law in Spain! - 57 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x