Recommended Eateries .

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Feb 2007 12:00 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2007 6:54 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Hi all, just back from four days in Playa Flamenca. We went to the chinese on the Punta Prima roundabout, on the N332 coming from Torrevieja to Playa Flamenca. Sorry didnt get the name but its a large proper chinese building set back as soon as you come off the roundabout. It is Japanese upstairs chinese down. Not the cheapest, but lovely food.We wish we had had the crispy duck, as it came as a full duck ( looked more like an ostrich) and the chef carved it up at the table then left you to it! One or two couples had just that and believe me they wouldn't have needed anything else!!!! They said how luvely it was and when we go back, we will try it for ourselves!    

regards

John and Trish x

Like 0      
25 Feb 2007 7:14 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
25 Feb 2007 7:28 PM by jillb Star rating in bury st edmunds/Loma.... 52 posts Send private message

jillb´s avatar

Hi JPD

Was it this one www.dinastia.es/ havent tried it yet, but hope to! Sounds great ,next week will be in that area did you have to book??

Jill

Like 0      
25 Feb 2007 11:21 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Yes, this is the one that JPD describes.

The Dinastia.

Very nice, always has flash customer cars outside, which is always a good advert!

Lovely food and great hosts.

Rgds,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
27 Feb 2007 8:07 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Hi jillb no  we didn't need to book. Yes thats the one that name rings a bell!

Enjoy your meal when you go! If you get the duck, dont eat anything that day!!

Let us know if you do have the duck cos we really wanted to try it! Next time we go we will!

Like 0      
27 Feb 2007 9:58 PM by jillb Star rating in bury st edmunds/Loma.... 52 posts Send private message

jillb´s avatar

Looking forward to it JPD, will definitely let you know about the duck, when we get back!!!

Regards

Jill

Like 0      
28 Feb 2007 11:46 AM by jillb Star rating in bury st edmunds/Loma.... 52 posts Send private message

jillb´s avatar

Anybody know of any good restaurants in Cartagena??

Jill

Like 0      
28 Feb 2007 1:34 PM by PataCake Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

** REMOVED ** Corrupted

Like 0      
28 Feb 2007 1:43 PM by Woolfie Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi Jillb

The La Patacha boat restaurant at the end of the harbour was quite good at first, then it went off at the end of the summer and was expensive too.  I think the best value for money is still the VIP near the roman theatre.  Expensive but good food and service.  Also a good sign as all the wealthy Spanish go there.

Like 0      
28 Feb 2007 1:49 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
28 Feb 2007 3:47 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Hi Janice ,will try that chinese next time we are out. We have been to one on the second row back from the sea front, I think! Torrevieja end. That was very cheap and very nice, been back few times. Must start taking note of names of places, sorry!! A rep when buying in Almoradi, recomended it and said they travel 1 hour drive to get to it. We took our friends there in June, they couldn't believe the value for money Us English. we love a bargain!!

LOL Trish xx

Like 0      
28 Feb 2007 3:52 PM by hobby Star rating in Hertfordshire/Estepo.... 155 posts Send private message

hobby´s avatar

Hi all

How about a few recommendations for us hungry souls on the costa del sol, estepona area, have found a few ourselves but always appreciate somewhere different - thanks

Jackie

Like 0      
28 Feb 2007 4:13 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hi Jackie shed loads in Marbella and San Pedro and estepona borough if you want them but nothing right in the town other than the usual stuff in the port

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
28 Feb 2007 4:28 PM by hobby Star rating in Hertfordshire/Estepo.... 155 posts Send private message

hobby´s avatar

Hi Smiley

We tend to go to De medicis, Place on the Corner, La Playa Bella, Tikitanas etc places in that area if you're familiar with them, just about right for stumbling back to the apartment from!  Prefer the non-posing places so tend to steer away from puerto banus/marbella (leave that to hobby when he's out with his golfing buddies!) I prefer the more traditional restaurants, can you recommend one or two places that you enjoy?    muchas gracias     Jackie

Like 0      
28 Feb 2007 4:40 PM by Juan Pánzon Star rating in Marbella. 156 posts Send private message

Juan Pánzon´s avatar

The Médicis is specially good to recomend... the crazy Italian that runs the place is an absolute maniac for perfection that even measures the distance from the cuttlery to the dishes in each table after set up.... I can also atest that they COMPLETELLY clean their kitchen after every single day, and that includes separating things from the wall to clean behind, the grill is stone scrapped EVERYNIGHT... the guy is an abolutelly maniac fo perfection..... you can actually eat on the floor... I worked for a few weeks there 11 years ago as an assistant waiter and he almost drove me mad !!!

Name of the owner is Gianni Pigani and he is everywhere every night on his restaurant..... a pitty he does not know how to delegate, because he shold have 20 restaurants opened by now.

Juan.

Like 0      
28 Feb 2007 4:47 PM by hobby Star rating in Hertfordshire/Estepo.... 155 posts Send private message

hobby´s avatar
Totally agree, he makes you welcome and its always first name terms when we go in, the foods pretty good too!  A few years back hubby took me there for the first time on a cold December evening, lucky for us they were open, we had the whole place to ourselves it was soooo romantic, so its obviously my favourite place! 

Like 0      
28 Feb 2007 4:50 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Blimey I live round the corner from Medici. I dont do the banus thing myself either but will go to Marbella. El Saladillo just the other side of Cancelada cambio - good chiringuito for Sunday lunch if you like fish - how come you havent mentioned Peggottys or dont you like fish n chips, over the footbridge is a place called Cibo (Italian) cheaper than Medici but excellent food - if you venture to Marbella there is a place called Beckits - best food in town for my money - pretty tradicional as in huge portions and Irish owners - only open for dinner and you need to book - furtehr afield Cabopino is Alberts good Sunday lunch and fabulous setting on a sunny day - if you do Indian food Cinammon just over the 340 at El Presidente (Crowne Plaza hotel ish) is top class - havent eaten there for about 2 years but have been told the Robin Hood has sharpened itself up; was having a pint there a couple of weeks back waiting for my daghter to come out of a party at the Chinese and the biggest steak I have ever seen was served to this guy - didnt leave any  so assume it was good and the salad that went with looked good too - gotta go now but will think of some more for you - locally tend to do the same ones that you have mentioned but have added a few to your list if you can stagger a bit further.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
28 Feb 2007 6:06 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Smiley and Justin

Have you been to Fox's in Sabinillas ?  walked past it last Sunday and it was full so that  must  say something.

Also I have heard of an xcellent place just off the road upto Minalva from Sabinillas  on the left hand side, down past a car showroom...do you know that one? Are there any others you can recommend outside of the ones i know of in Duquesa itself?

John

Regards

John

Like 0      
28 Feb 2007 10:32 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I have started a new section for restaurant reviews:

http://www.eyeonspain.com/Secure/ForumThreads.aspx?&dev=FB43&name=Restaurant Reviews

John, Fox's is excellent.  Brilliant food and very good value.

The one on the hill is called "El Lagar" and I didn't like it there and found it to be very expensive but my better half went with some friends and she really enjoyed it, so maybe I just went on a bad day.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Mercedes Benz C270CDI -K ( Station waggon) - 1 posts
Read online newspapers & magazines here (Costa Blanca, Costa Calida, Costa Del Sol etc) - 2 posts
Self Drive van hire - 3 posts
do we have any rights at all - 16 posts
Are Car rental companies making you break the Law in Spain! - 57 posts
Paying Taxes in Spain (Non Residents) Donations to Emma's fund - 68 posts
Buying bedding - 11 posts
Eye on Spain review - Developers & Agents - 1 posts
General personal Spanish Tax - 6 posts
employment - 0 posts
new properties being built in the alicnte province are getting smaller? - 0 posts
Dream Hills 2 Forum - 1 posts
MAR Y SOL FORMENTERA DEL SEGURA - 10 posts
Cheap airport parking at Alicante - 3 posts
Technical Architect / Building Surveyor - 1 posts
Italy - 2 posts
Communal Areas - 10 posts
Can anyone help - 2 posts
Funny Videos you have to giggle at. - 255 posts
ADVICE NEEDED ON CHOOSING AN AREA TO LIVE - 11 posts
Cheap furniture packages - 34 posts
psi lawyers? - 21 posts
Apartment for rent - 1 posts
Lounge/Patio door curtains, free - Costa Blanca, 10 mins South of Torreveija - 9 posts
Where's Tinasolero ? - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 27

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x