Bank valuations

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Feb 2007 12:00 AM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar
can anyone advise on Bank valuations please in the Playa Flamenca area ? We have put a deposit on a property but after having a few quotes from various sources the valuations were wildly different

Like 0      
25 Feb 2007 11:08 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Depends on who the sources were JPD. I would never believe any bank valuation unless it was one specifically ordered by me for me. As with many things in Spain there are corrupt valuers - while genuine valuations can vary between one company to another there is a benchmark on cost per square metre to build that they are supposed to follow. Think I may have mentioned this already but while recent local transactions will be considered for price comparison they are not the primary line of the equation. Just because the developer or any estate agent is selling something for 30k more than you are buying does not mean the bank will value it that way.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
26 Feb 2007 1:59 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Hi Smiley, our solicitor told us that in Playa Flamenca area it is usual for property to be valued at 2300E per m2. But he said he can get it valued at, 2700 m2. Now our bank say she can go to 3000 or more per m2. How can that be?

So, is it a case of shopping around ?Which is the safest option low or high?

Cheers John and Trish

Like 0      
26 Feb 2007 6:05 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi JPD,

This seems rather puzzling.

Our apartment is the same size as other apartments in our block, but all have differing values when being re-sold.

If you face inland, they are cheaper, facing the sea is dearer, up a floor or two is dearer, overlooking the pool is dearer.

So I think just giving a bllpart price per square meter is very misleading.

Rgds,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
26 Feb 2007 6:08 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2007 8:04 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

As regards the safest option - neither! Need to explain my answer - the banks have a formula to follow of cost per square metre to build. It depends on the company how that valuation is interpreted and whether you need the valuation for mortgage purposes. If you are arranging a mortgage the lender may or may not accept the valuation that you are being provided by the lawyer. There was a time here when it was possible to buy a valuation figure. To wit I buy at 1,000,000 Euros - I want a bank valuation at 1,700,000Euros as I need that to get the mortgage I require - I pay a man a certain sum of money and miraculously the valuation report is issued at 1.7 million Euros. Now it is not something I have ever done nor have condoned it in others but it has been possible to do that although it has got increasingly difficult with more scrutiny from the Bank of Spain.

To be honest I would always want to know that the valuation I was getting was a true valuation so that I know that what I am buying represents value - not simply a figure plucked out of the sky because someone has said to me how much do you want me to value it - effectively the valuation is not worth the `paper its written on. I dont know the specific area or what you are buying but my view is that 2700 per square metre is perhaps a little generous but if you want them to give you any old valuation then go for it.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
08 Mar 2007 2:37 PM by janis Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Does anyone know the price per square metre for property at the moment.  We are selling privately, apartment is in La Cala de Mijas

Thanks

Janis

Like 0      
08 Mar 2007 2:57 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Around 2300 to 2500  epersqm BUT thre is a formula as this is for the usable interior measurement (not staircases for example or wardrobes) then a percentage of that is for terraces covered, terraces open, land garages and storerooms. Alos depends on quality of build and age of property, so if you want to pm me the info I can give you a very rough idea using other bank vals as comparisons for the area.

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
12 Mar 2007 10:36 AM by janis Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Thanks Rixxy have sent you an email.  Janis

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 8:05 PM by janis Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Hi still have no idea of price per sq metre.  Have sent Rixxy two messages no reply as yet, can anyone else help please.

Thanks

Like 0      
22 Mar 2007 12:26 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

22 Mar 2007 9:41 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Ooops - I got problems wid me email as the outlook box thingy is frozen so Im trawling through on te webabased one - I will reply today Janis - was in portugal yesterday then running like usual blue arsed fly today - bank valuations, viewings and hopefully catching up on some sleep sometime this week!!!

OK ok all excuses - Ill do it now.

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
22 Mar 2007 11:14 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
So quite frankly dear you do give a damn! I knew you did really and it was all bluff

Like 0      
24 Mar 2007 10:37 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Yup youve sussed me out, but dont tell the others!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
26 Mar 2007 10:38 AM by janis Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Hi again,

Rixxy i got the email telling me about your problems with your computer did you get my reply? 

It looks like i am going to have to organize a private valuation myself as the guy who wants to buy it now wants me to do it after promising that he would.  Does anyone have any contact details for one, i just want a fair realistic valuation.

Like 0      
26 Mar 2007 6:22 PM by peps Star rating in manchester and duque.... 410 posts Send private message

smiley? this is just a general query wondering if you know what the valuations in duquesa are coming in at per sqm? everyone seems to just pluck figures out of the air and i know you have some knowledge on this. i cannot get my valuation done from the bank because Scott, my mortgage broker over in spain won't proceed until licences are back in case we get timed out, even though we keep trying to instruct him to get the mortage application in now.  i would rather just get my mortgage in place as it is due for completion very soon and surely it will be much quicker to complete if bank guarantee in place no? he can't even tell us which bank he is using and if we'll have a 70 or 80% mortgage.  we have paid him a few hundred euros as a fee some months ago but he has done nothing since.  is this normal procedure?

ta.  suzanne

Like 0      
26 Mar 2007 10:09 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Tell him to extract his digit and get the application in - God I pray for clients like you who dont wish to dither unless there is good reason such as better income one year than the next or something - I have to get all over people like a cheap suit somertimes to get dox to Spain. He is spot on that valuation should not be done until the LFO is issued - bloody hell we do AIP's for clients two years in advance - subject to updated dox but at least the approval is there and then just need updated payslips and bank statements. Has he given you a quote to approve with the basic terms of the mortgage to approve. It can be difficult to assess where one is going to place the loan until you have all the documents and frequently we find clients dont impart all the information during our telephone fact find and explanation - things sometimes come up on a credit check that they have forgotten about - until we have approval we dont disclose the lender either for that very reason - essentially all mortgage money comes from the Bank of Spain so I guess thats how the question could be answered - for mortgage borrowing they are considered lender of last resort - hence the conservative approach to assessing income and debt here - the banks are playing by BOS's rules - they like to random audit as well to ensure the rules are being complied with.

Where have you bought in Duquesa Peps and what is it - is it Ros y Falcon as have had quite a few done in there now. cant remember off the top of my head and will try to look out some vals already done tomorrow but its another busy one so wpould be helpful if you could remind me direct to my e mail address - not by PM

Like 0      
27 Mar 2007 8:42 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

I can help you there Pepes, But a val is broken down into interior useable space, terrace size, garage storeroom gaernd etc.

I had a val done in Duquesa - princess Kristina for a 3bed 2 bath penthouse, 148sqm build with garage space and terrace of 65. Came in at 360,000 euros.

Janis - yes got the email but was out most of yesterday - you will have this in a few minutes. Thanks for your patience.

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
27 Mar 2007 9:13 AM by janis Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Hi Rixxy, just got the email thank you ever so much.  I will still need a 'proper' valuation do you have any idea who i can contact.  Thanks

Like 0      
27 Mar 2007 9:56 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Actually I do. We used to deal with a company based in estepona who did all our vals. They did a full val service or a written pre-val specially for us which was cheaper. Let me dig out the details and see if I can sweet talk them into doing a good deal for you.

I havent used them for a while as all our clients sorted their own mortggages and the valuers wanted to get the money for the full vals on a purchase!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

All things (furniture etc) to do with moving in .. websites - 76 posts
Newbie!! - 12 posts
How does selling off plan work? Advice please! - 14 posts
Buying a resale property - need my hand held!! - 133 posts
Recommended Eateries . - 26 posts
Mercedes Benz C270CDI -K ( Station waggon) - 1 posts
Read online newspapers & magazines here (Costa Blanca, Costa Calida, Costa Del Sol etc) - 2 posts
Self Drive van hire - 3 posts
do we have any rights at all - 16 posts
Are Car rental companies making you break the Law in Spain! - 57 posts
Paying Taxes in Spain (Non Residents) Donations to Emma's fund - 68 posts
Buying bedding - 11 posts
Eye on Spain review - Developers & Agents - 1 posts
General personal Spanish Tax - 6 posts
employment - 0 posts
new properties being built in the alicnte province are getting smaller? - 0 posts
Dream Hills 2 Forum - 1 posts
MAR Y SOL FORMENTERA DEL SEGURA - 10 posts
Cheap airport parking at Alicante - 3 posts
Technical Architect / Building Surveyor - 1 posts
Italy - 2 posts
Communal Areas - 10 posts
Can anyone help - 2 posts
Funny Videos you have to giggle at. - 255 posts
ADVICE NEEDED ON CHOOSING AN AREA TO LIVE - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 30

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x