Dream Hills 2 Forum

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Feb 2007 12:00 AM by Rose1 Star rating in El Pilar, Estepona. 78 posts Send private message

Rose1´s avatar

My electrician has told me a cautionary tale which I thought I'd share with the members of this Forum. A friend of his purchased an apartment off-plan in a large, attractive, beach-side development near us in Estepona. Upon completion he engaged a firm to instal light fittings and a furniture package so that the property would be ready for occupation. This was duly done but immediately afterwards an intruder entered the apartment (using a key) and stripped everything from the place, including the fitted kitchen! This apparently happened four or five times to other purchasers on this particular urbanisation.

It does sound a bit like an urban myth but I am assured that it's a true story. I suppose it's all too easy to focus on the end game and to be keen to get one's place up and running upon completion (especially if it's several months late) but you never know who has had access to the keys to your property before you take possession.

Change the locks before you do anything else!

Like 0      
22 Feb 2007 8:05 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

It's not an urban myth, Rose.

On other threads on this site you will note that changing the locks when you move in is the number one recommendation from members.  A lot of African and East Europeans work on these sites and know exactly when residents move their goods in and are absent from the homes.  See "Property Crime Common in New Builds".

Sorry that should read "break-ins common in new builds".  Skip a few pages back before the dross crept in and you will see some real stories and very good advice.

This message was last edited by bobaol on 2/22/2007.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

MAR Y SOL FORMENTERA DEL SEGURA - 10 posts
Cheap airport parking at Alicante - 3 posts
Technical Architect / Building Surveyor - 1 posts
Italy - 2 posts
Communal Areas - 10 posts
Can anyone help - 2 posts
Funny Videos you have to giggle at. - 255 posts
ADVICE NEEDED ON CHOOSING AN AREA TO LIVE - 11 posts
Cheap furniture packages - 34 posts
psi lawyers? - 21 posts
Apartment for rent - 1 posts
Lounge/Patio door curtains, free - Costa Blanca, 10 mins South of Torreveija - 9 posts
Where's Tinasolero ? - 3 posts
Shakira in concert in Torrevieja - 15 posts
Barclays Buying Property Abroad Guide - 1 posts
WHO'S UP FOR A MEET, POST HERE ! - 109 posts
Saladillo golf - 1 posts
The Best Place To Hide Money: Conversation With A Burglar - 0 posts
Help - scared and frustrated re mortgages - 6 posts
Scared and frustrated re mortgages - 13 posts
Osteopath in Torreveija or surrounding areas - Costa Blanca? - 0 posts
La Cala de Mijas Marina - 4 posts
letting agents for altea hills - 0 posts
Gina in here ................ (San Miguel, not 4 U ! ) - 0 posts
Mar Menor Area - 128 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x