Buying bedding

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Feb 2007 12:00 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi everyone.

I don't know whether to take my bedding with me from the UK or buy in Spain. I have had conflicting advice about prices. We'll be in Formentera del Segura.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Irene

Like 0      
23 Feb 2007 2:34 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
23 Feb 2007 3:10 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

This one is from my wife.  She tells me that bedding in Spain, sheets etc, are of terrible quality and are different to the type you are used to.  She advises you to take your bedding from UK.  There are some English Bedding sales from pubs and centres but, in general, the bedding from Spanish shops is not worth the time and effort.  She does, however, tell me that the blankets in Spain are lovely for cuddling up to on the sofa but wouldn't put them on the bed.

Like 0      
23 Feb 2007 11:11 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Irene,

We are taking our bedding over at Easter. We have a night flight and beds will be in and will have the keys for the first time so want to spend the night. We have booked an extra case on flight to take the essentials. We are going to put duvets, pillows and bedding in "sucky" bags fom QVC or JML (the ones you use hoover to suck out the air to give more space. ) Also this will free up more time for us to buy other essentials when we are over. (don't want to spend all our time shopping. Hope this helps.

Gina

Like 0      
28 Feb 2007 8:00 PM by fox34 Star rating in Kent and Guardamar . 28 posts Send private message

The British Bedding shop in Torrevieja is really good.  I have bought a lot of my bedding there.  They will also make you a valance to match using a flat sheet for very little extra.  They alter curtains for a nominal fee too.  They are really helpful! They also have a stall in the local market at Zoco near Quesada and probably others too.

Like 0      
28 Feb 2007 11:14 PM by jillb Star rating in bury st edmunds/Loma.... 52 posts Send private message

jillb´s avatar

Hi Fox 34

Please can you give me directions for the british bedding shop, sound really good,and/or market in Zoco

many thanks

Jill

Like 0      
28 Feb 2007 11:23 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
28 Feb 2007 11:31 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi matey,

My mum swears by them, perhaps you had a duff one. I wouldn't argue with my mum!!! LOL. I'll let you know in just over 4 weeks and counting. Hope it doesn't do an impression of an air bag or I'll be chucked off the plane. I might be able to contribute to restaurant guide when I come back instead of "you know the one on the roundabout".

Gina

Like 0      
28 Feb 2007 11:39 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
01 Mar 2007 9:17 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Candyfloss,

We took all our bedding with us from the UK.

Quilts were but in black bags, taped around and went as fragiles on the journey, all arrived safely.

As they were so light, and sometimes they "forget" to weigh fragiles, it didn't matter that we had about 3 packages.

The rest of the sheets etc., went in our cases.

I prefer UK bought bedding personally, the Spanish quality is not as good, theirs seem very thin, in fact the sheets we had in our furniture pack, eventually were used as rags!

Rgds,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
25 Mar 2007 12:03 PM by spiritofspain Star rating in Riviera del Sol, Mij.... 114 posts Send private message

spiritofspain´s avatar

Hi all

Down this end of the coast we have Dunnes Stores - Fuengirola, Mijas Costa, Malaga and Velez-Malaga. Irish equivalent of M&S - all their bedding is good quality and the pillows are the usual UK size. l have used some of theirs for 6 or 7 years now and it is still fine.

Have bought some from English Bed Linen Shop and had to replace it after a couple of years as it was quite thin.

Hope that helps - saves the excess baggage charges!

Margery

www.losarqueros.iowners.net  and www.calahondapark.iowners.net

Like 0      
25 Mar 2007 1:20 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Eye on Spain review - Developers & Agents - 1 posts
General personal Spanish Tax - 6 posts
employment - 0 posts
new properties being built in the alicnte province are getting smaller? - 0 posts
Dream Hills 2 Forum - 1 posts
MAR Y SOL FORMENTERA DEL SEGURA - 10 posts
Cheap airport parking at Alicante - 3 posts
Technical Architect / Building Surveyor - 1 posts
Italy - 2 posts
Communal Areas - 10 posts
Can anyone help - 2 posts
Funny Videos you have to giggle at. - 255 posts
ADVICE NEEDED ON CHOOSING AN AREA TO LIVE - 11 posts
Cheap furniture packages - 34 posts
psi lawyers? - 21 posts
Apartment for rent - 1 posts
Lounge/Patio door curtains, free - Costa Blanca, 10 mins South of Torreveija - 9 posts
Where's Tinasolero ? - 3 posts
Shakira in concert in Torrevieja - 15 posts
Barclays Buying Property Abroad Guide - 1 posts
WHO'S UP FOR A MEET, POST HERE ! - 109 posts
Saladillo golf - 1 posts
The Best Place To Hide Money: Conversation With A Burglar - 0 posts
Help - scared and frustrated re mortgages - 6 posts
Scared and frustrated re mortgages - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x