Dental Care

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Feb 2007 12:00 AM by howardandkay Star rating in Daya Nueva near Alm.... 76 posts Send private message

howardandkay´s avatar
Hoping to move out to Spain in July this year, and was wondering about Dental charges. We are moving to Daya Nueva near Almoradi. Any recommendations? Presumably there are dental plans available, what are people paying?

Like 0      
06 Feb 2007 3:51 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 9:54 AM by jencoo Star rating in east Yorkshire/ Daya.... 131 posts Send private message

We have both had to have dental treatment since we have been here. We just paid  for it as we needed to.

There are a few dentists in almoradi and the one we used was very good, and they spoke enough english, and also were very helpful.

Cost comparison, well we think that it was cheaper over here, but cant be sure as we didnt have anything to compare to from the uk.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 10:16 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 6:27 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

If it's cheaper in Spain than the UK, let me know!

Just spent £500 before Xmas on hubby's gob, then another £300 last month for ONE, yes ONE, deep root canal filling!

If he mentions dentists to me again, I am going to knock them all out for him!

This man is getting very expensive to run!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 7:09 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
07 May 2007 3:52 PM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

Hi

Ive just been advised not to bother with Dental insurance. Can anyone explain more? Do kids get free dental care as well as health care if under 18yrs and at school in Spain?

Many thanks Tina

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
07 May 2007 3:59 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Hi Tina, there are plans for under 12s (I think) to get free dental care in SPain but both my two have had to go private. And both needed braces for 2 years!

So dont bother unless someone like Bupa covers it but check for how long they do it for. Its not too expensive I dont think but will depend on what needs doing. A polish and clean is around 50 to 60 euros on the CDS, maybe less on CB or other areas, but at that price it doesnt seem too bad.

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
07 May 2007 4:10 PM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

Im finding the dental side of things quite confusing. im tempted to just keep paying our dentist here in the uk her monthly fee and zip back once a year for a check up. im searching through google for info but i think i will have to get the spanish book out.

thanks

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
07 May 2007 5:39 PM by rosi n Star rating in Cornwall / axarquia. 119 posts Send private message

We have used the Spanish dentist system for years ,the nice thing is you can just walk in for any treatment ( make a day /date first of course ) we have found the cost is about half the uk and you dont have to join there mothly payment club ?  We noticed in the Spanish press this last winter that school children were getting free dental care .(if its in operation now we dont that )                                            Hope this info is of use to you tinasolera.                  Regards Rosi n

Like 0      
07 May 2007 5:51 PM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

Thanks Rosi

Maybe i should stop worrying about this so much. My family all look after their teeth so maybe there wont be any probs... touch wood. If its that cheap for treatment we will probably do the drop in thing to start with should any probs arise. thanks!!

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 5:55 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

My better half broke a crown last night. No pain fortunately, since the nerve was removed last time she had work done, but it left a very sharp jagged edge on the inside edge. The dentist she used previously is away this week, so we popped into another surgery in the same building. It's the Scandinavian Dentist in Edificio Florida in the centre of Torremolinos. The very pleasant Swedish dentist had a quick look, and offered to file the jagged edge there and then, saying that to replace the whole tooth or to repair it would be too costly. Five minutes later she emerged with her smile restored. Perfectly smooth, and nothing visible because it was only the inside edge affected. The dentist refused payment. And naturally, he spoke perfect English as well!

Hopefully we will never need to fond out how good he is at more complicated work, but based on this morning's experience, I can thoroughly recommend him!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
06 Jul 2007 10:02 AM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar
thanks roberto. just read this post... very encouraging!!!!

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
06 Jul 2007 2:53 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

I have used aSpanish dentist situated in Torrevieja since I have lived here. Really good treatment and much cheaper than the UK.

Was interested to note that for the first filling he did for me I didn't get an injection and I was a bit ( LOT ) concerned re. pain. He told me that majority of fillings do not need anesthetic, but if it hurt he would use it.

It did NOT hurt and it's made me wonder just how many times I've paid for anesthetic in the UK needlessly?

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
07 Jul 2007 12:22 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

"needlessly"

Good pun that, Karen.

I'm scared of the dentist & I often pay my NHS dentist in the UK (£165) for the private sedation (needle in arm job which, to all intents & purposes, renders me unconscious) just to get the work done though lately I've been ever so brave & I got a badge, just joking ! Well I wasn't joking that I was brave cos I was.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/7/2007.

Like 0      
19 Jul 2007 12:31 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

Dentists are so RARE in Scarborough that we make appointments with the British Dentist in Quesada (Mr Galbraith) when we come over.  He is really lovely (and gentle) and would you believe he used to practice down the road from us in Whitby before he relocated!

Like 0      
04 Sep 2007 3:57 PM by mervy Star rating in oriheula. 138 posts Send private message

This message was last edited by mervy on 9/7/2007.

Like 0      
12 Oct 2007 1:06 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

http://www.la-moncloa.es/IDIOMAS/en-GB/ActualidadHome/100907Dentista.htm

The Ministry of Health launches a Plan in order to make it possible for all Spanish citizens between 7 and 15 to go to the dentist for free

10 September 2007

The dental health Plan of the National Health System offers a wide coverage ranging from yearly check-ups to special treatments and fillings, tooth extraction or tooth cleaning. With the initiative of the Ministry of Health, four million children will benefit from these services when the Plan has been fully implemented and it will be possible for at least one million children, 7 to 8 year old, to choose their dentist next year.

(Read link for more).

Like 0      
28 Nov 2007 7:54 PM by hotbananas2001 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help.

We are planning to move to the Mar Menor area of Murcia next June with 3 kids aged 12,13 and 16.

The two youngest ones have just been told that they need to have orthodontic braces fixed in the next couple of weeks.

We are panicking a bit now as to how much this will cost us in Spain and I have been trawling the internet for information on medical and dental cover and treatment but cant find anything.

I am sure the treatment is available and very good but can anyone tell me how much it might cost us for 2 kids to go through the 2 year treatment they will need?

Thanks for your interest.

Like 0      
30 Nov 2007 5:39 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
I have answered this one on the other thread. around 800 euros start up and 60 euros per month each - may be cheaper in Murcia, but very good.

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

A sad state of affairs - 12 posts
Deposit Refund - 1 posts
Lynx Dishwasher - Brand New (unwanted item in builders' furniture pack) - 6 posts
Thank you Jeansis - 3 posts
Doing my sums. - 3 posts
Things to do - 1 posts
furniture stores - 6 posts
Lectures about Local Taxes in Spain - 1 posts
El Raso urbanisation. 5 mins drive from Guardamar, Costa Blanca. - 2 posts
Princess park - 4 posts
Bob, in here a mo. - 1 posts
Ladies Hockey and Childrens Rugby - 1 posts
Grupo Mirador Builders - 1 posts
THE RAIN IN SPAIN FALLS MAINLY EVERYWHERE - 16 posts
Satellite Navigation - 5 posts
Freeview Digital Tuners - 1 posts
TV shows about the Costas - 145 posts
Property Management - 6 posts
Lloyds TSB UK & Spain - 3 posts
Snagging Time - 15 posts
Sharp fall in house sales to foreign purchasers on the Costa del Sol - 11 posts
CHILD´S BED FOR SALE. - 0 posts
Spanish Healthcare - 6 posts
Warning! Builder in serious trouble in Monte S.Juan - 1 posts
Ford Focus, 5 Dr, 1.6 Petrol, 3600 Euros - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 26

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x