Deposit Refund

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Feb 2007 12:00 AM by reddub1 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi,  

I placed a relatively small deposit on an apartment last August on the basis that it would be refunded if a mortgage was not sanctioned in Spain for the overall purchase.   

As it turned out, the mortgage was not sanctioned and I was advised verbally and in writing by the Estate Agent in Malaga that the deposit would be refunded within a period of 30 working days - this expired in October.

Since then and despite numerous mails and telephone conversations, the deposit has still not been refunded.  The excuse I am receiving is that the director of the firm has not signed the paperwork, but I am not being told why.

Can anyone advise me on what my best course of action should be in order to secure the refund? Is there a regulator of Esate Agents in Spain who acts on behalf of the consumer?

All feedback gratefully received.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2007 11:34 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Sorry to hear your tale of woe reddub but sounds like you might have had that I assume it is a holding deposit (3 to 6,000€) and perhaps some of the estate agents in the forum might care to comment - you could even name and shame said company here so that we all know not to trust them and make sure they get plenty of bad mouth - unless of course you had a lawyer in which case he should be making sure you get your dough back. There is currently no regulator although you do have consumers rights. Your problem is that you are not here and unless you have a lawyer already that you have paid some advance fees to it will likely cost you mo ney to get reinstatement.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Lynx Dishwasher - Brand New (unwanted item in builders' furniture pack) - 6 posts
Thank you Jeansis - 3 posts
Doing my sums. - 3 posts
Things to do - 1 posts
furniture stores - 6 posts
Lectures about Local Taxes in Spain - 1 posts
El Raso urbanisation. 5 mins drive from Guardamar, Costa Blanca. - 2 posts
Princess park - 4 posts
Bob, in here a mo. - 1 posts
Ladies Hockey and Childrens Rugby - 1 posts
Grupo Mirador Builders - 1 posts
THE RAIN IN SPAIN FALLS MAINLY EVERYWHERE - 16 posts
Satellite Navigation - 5 posts
Freeview Digital Tuners - 1 posts
TV shows about the Costas - 145 posts
Property Management - 6 posts
Lloyds TSB UK & Spain - 3 posts
Snagging Time - 15 posts
Sharp fall in house sales to foreign purchasers on the Costa del Sol - 11 posts
CHILD´S BED FOR SALE. - 0 posts
Spanish Healthcare - 6 posts
Warning! Builder in serious trouble in Monte S.Juan - 1 posts
Ford Focus, 5 Dr, 1.6 Petrol, 3600 Euros - 6 posts
List your items for sale for free - 2 posts
I want to sell my car - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x