Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Feb 2007 12:00 AM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Go on!

Have your say.

Why do you think sales have dropped?

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_8728.shtml

This message was last edited by sandra on 2/5/2007.

Like 0      
02 Feb 2007 7:04 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Coz all the sharp investors have gone to get fleeced in Bulgaria etc

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
04 Feb 2007 7:38 PM by tinto. Star rating in Scotland & Nr Estepo.... 243 posts Send private message

tinto.´s avatar

Smiley you may be right but it does not cost as much to get fleeced in Bulgaria than it does in Costa del Sol. Having recently tried to purchase in CDS I have not found it a good experience because of planning etc. Also I think the property there is overpriced by around 25%

Like 0      
05 Feb 2007 5:03 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

No your both wrong.

Its cos the estate agents have too many sales going through so they are too lazy to sell to anyone else. If you speak to any of the big boys, sales are booming, commissions are getting bigger and the champagne is still flowing!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
05 Feb 2007 7:21 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hi Rixxy I think Ocean, Viva, ADH, etc etc might not be inclined to agree. I think the ones who are doing well are the smaller independents without masses of telesales, BMW's, etc to support. The ones who perhaps are more reliant on client recommendation seem to be doing ok from what I can see - it is no doubt a tougher market for them as the investor has departed for pastures new but the client dynamic that we have seen over the last 18 months has shifted to people who actually wish to own a home here whether it be for rental or personal use. Tinto I would have to agree that the prospect of buying in Bulgaria at much cheaper than the CDS is immensely attractive from a cost perspective - shame you cant say the same about the weather nor the fact that as a non resident I am led to believe you are not legally entitled to own property in Bulgaria so it has to be in the name of a Bulgarian company which may or may not have its own issues. Plus the fact that there appear to be members of Bulgarian Mafia setting up "management companies" to service said properties. Friend of mine went there with a view to buying and developing a large plot of land. All of the land was available for sale except one smallholding in the middle which was crucial to the project the elderly farmer apparently had no wish to sell on the premise what do I need with money when I have lost my livelihood. The real estate agent (if that is what he was) stated that it would not be a problem and the farmer would be persuaded. My mate got a call a couple of days later to say the deal could now go ahead as the farmer had agreed - it had not been too costly for him to be persuaded as he had paid with his life. My mate was on the next flight out.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
05 Feb 2007 11:20 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Surely now Bulgaria has joined the United States of Europe any of us can buy there, resident or not? But IMHO, why risk investing in an emerging nightmare, sorry, market? If it's the prices that are attracting you, check out Galicia or Asturias - www.kyero.com is a good starting point. Nearer to UK, beautiful place, and although they speak a funny kind of Spanish up there, the problems are all so much more familiar!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
05 Feb 2007 11:36 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Hi Roberto residents are considered differently in Spain top non residents - European or not - likewise Bulgaria if you are not resident then you cannot own property there legally.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2007 12:42 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Interesting....isn't that infringing my human rights or something?

Anyway, I still reckon your money would be better spent elsewhere. What do you think? 

Mark Twain

Like 0      
06 Feb 2007 10:55 AM by tinto. Star rating in Scotland & Nr Estepo.... 243 posts Send private message

tinto.´s avatar
Spain does not seem to be much better. They take your deposit for a property then your solicitor finds out that it does not have a proper licence and then they will not refund your deposit. A nice little earner. Who needs the hassle.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2007 5:40 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Buy re-sale. QED

Mark Twain

Like 0      
08 Feb 2007 3:17 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

AS Roberto says buy resale and make sure all deposits paid are conditional and paid through your INDEPENDENT LAWYER. There are still people buying in Spain and being successful in their purchase - there CAN be good value at the moment (certainly CDS) as it is a buyers market.

That being said I have a client who has bought off plan in Granada and sold on for a 25% return in just over a year. I think he is the exception rather than the rule but thinks he has a buyer for the second of 5 - he is a serious property investor with a global portfolio - some get kept some get moved on but I have seen the financials and he is doing extremely well at it but he spreads his risk and everything he buys is ALWAYS with a long term view that he will complete. If he can sell on prior to completion and the deal is right then he will but he takes the view that property is a cyclical market and always has been - if he controls the time of sale he will rarely (if ever) lose money. I have to say that he is still a buyer in Spain for the right deal with the right value.  

Roberto bearing in mind your Avatar I dont think Cherie has come on strong for your kind yet - no doubt she will in the fullness of time just to keep 2 Jags and Brown happy!

This message was last edited by Smiley on 2/8/2007.

Like 0      
24 Feb 2007 6:44 PM by Icaru Star rating in Kalkan Turkey. 46 posts Send private message

Icaru´s avatar
Having built a villa on the Mediterranean coast of  Turkey (much more beautiful than any of the Spanish costas), I can say that although there are local problems in the coastal tourist towns, nothing like the problems the Costa del Sol seems to be having.  Our biggest problem is the huge influx of Brits wanting to retire in a town that doesn't have the infrastructure to sustain all the new development.  Don't know about Bulgaria but in Turkey you do not need to be a resident to buy property, and taxes are very low.  Plus, if you keep your house for 4 years then sell, there are no capital gains taxes.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

CHILD´S BED FOR SALE. - 0 posts
Spanish Healthcare - 6 posts
Warning! Builder in serious trouble in Monte S.Juan - 1 posts
Ford Focus, 5 Dr, 1.6 Petrol, 3600 Euros - 6 posts
List your items for sale for free - 2 posts
I want to sell my car - 6 posts
English lawyer/ solicitor required specilising in "Spanish Law" to try and get our money back! - 26 posts
MEMBERS .. PLEASE LOOK IN HERE & TAKE NOTE. THANK YOU - 47 posts
Any Spanish people in Atlanta? - 5 posts
Guaranteed Rental Income, too good to be true??? - 36 posts
Any views on Parador - 17 posts
Las Tejas, Mogan, Gran Canaria - 8 posts
LFO for Los Lagos rejected August 16th - 3 posts
Breach of Contract - 71 posts
Breach of Contract? - 2 posts
"Pain in Spain" programme .. - 2 posts
paid a refundable deposit and not been able to get it back? - 4 posts
Website for small loads from UK - 0 posts
Snagging surveyors - 29 posts
Snagging surveyors - 0 posts
SHOPPING .. LOOK AT WHAT I FOUND - 3 posts
Personal Safety - 2 posts
Importing a car into Spain tax free - 1 posts
Lo Crispen ALGORFA Geoffrey - 1 posts
Handyman for hire! - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x