Satellite Navigation

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Feb 2007 12:00 AM by PhilipN Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Has anyone experience of using car Sat. Nav .systems in Spain. I know they come loaded with European maps and some even claim to be able to search and locate Spanish postcodes.. (Navman N60i and the Becker traffic assist) ??

Like 0      
06 Feb 2007 10:41 PM by auntielinda Star rating in San Miguel de Salina.... 646 posts Send private message

Hi PhilipN

We have used our TomTom 700 three times in Spain during the last year with great success. The TomTom was able to find spanish postcodes and even the most obscure of villages. Only problems we had was when we asked the sat nav to give us the quickest route it often took us through town centres and tried to take us up oneway streets the wrong way.  we just use it on shortest route now.

Hope that helps

Dave & Linda Butler

Great Auntie Linda

Like 0      
07 Feb 2007 11:17 PM by PhilipN Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Many thanks, at least I know they work !!

Like 0      
08 Feb 2007 7:53 AM by jencoo Star rating in east Yorkshire/ Daya.... 131 posts Send private message

Hi philip

I have used my sat nav through France and Spain and now feel lost without it. It has proved to be an invaluable tool even though it sometimes takes us off route. We use it in conjunction with the road maps to keep us on the right track . It is most useful for locating the turn off from motorways and main roads alike, as it gives warnings well in advance.

The  down side is the outdated mapping. Even the latest update cant keep up with the new road development in Spain particularly, and it is expensive to keep up with.

If you are in the UK and are thinking of buying a system you could check out Totalpda.co.uk They have some pretty good offers and even offer refurbished models with full european mapping for £129

Steve

Like 0      
14 Feb 2007 11:16 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Philip - I agree with Jencoo - I used a friend's TomTom in Costa Blanca in December and once we got used to the fact they didn't have all the latest junctions on the new roads it was fine.  I was so impressed that I went and bought one for myself - I think it will be invaluable for trips when I am on my own without a mapreader!! 

The TomTom One Europe has Spain pre-loaded and there are some good deals available - around £200 rather than the list price of £250.

Like 0      
23 Feb 2007 4:46 PM by Sgranton Star rating in Scotland. 9 posts Send private message

Sgranton´s avatar
We used our TomTom to drive through France and Spain last summer. Only got lost a couple of times but that was our fault taking turnings to late. We are planning to use it again this summer to do the same trip. Best thing we ever bought better than my map reading anyway. :-)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Freeview Digital Tuners - 1 posts
TV shows about the Costas - 145 posts
Property Management - 6 posts
Lloyds TSB UK & Spain - 3 posts
Snagging Time - 15 posts
Sharp fall in house sales to foreign purchasers on the Costa del Sol - 11 posts
CHILD´S BED FOR SALE. - 0 posts
Spanish Healthcare - 6 posts
Warning! Builder in serious trouble in Monte S.Juan - 1 posts
Ford Focus, 5 Dr, 1.6 Petrol, 3600 Euros - 6 posts
List your items for sale for free - 2 posts
I want to sell my car - 6 posts
English lawyer/ solicitor required specilising in "Spanish Law" to try and get our money back! - 26 posts
MEMBERS .. PLEASE LOOK IN HERE & TAKE NOTE. THANK YOU - 47 posts
Any Spanish people in Atlanta? - 5 posts
Guaranteed Rental Income, too good to be true??? - 36 posts
Any views on Parador - 17 posts
Las Tejas, Mogan, Gran Canaria - 8 posts
LFO for Los Lagos rejected August 16th - 3 posts
Breach of Contract - 71 posts
Breach of Contract? - 2 posts
"Pain in Spain" programme .. - 2 posts
paid a refundable deposit and not been able to get it back? - 4 posts
Website for small loads from UK - 0 posts
Snagging surveyors - 29 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x