Property Management

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Feb 2007 12:00 AM by bob_day Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi all

We have taken the plunge and purchased a property in the inland Costa del Sol area. we will be using it as  a holiday home ourselves and intend (hope) to rent it out when not there ourselves. It is a 3 bed Cortijo with pool.

This being the case we will need a management company to look after our home and guests in our absence. How much should I expect to pay a company  for this service and what should I expect for my money?.

Regards

Bob

Like 0      
03 Feb 2007 3:56 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Typical is 15% of rental - service fee depends on company and what they do - could be 1500€ per annum - have care who you deal with - many take the dough and dont do what you have asked for so personal reference a must - pools regularly get a blitz of chemicals when someone coming to use the apartment rather than the regular clean etc - but still get charged for the regular visit. Also some agents have been known to rent it out and then not tell the owner - Mr owner arrives for personal use and lo and behold there is someone in there - strangely enough electric and water consumption also indicate someone has been using the place

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
03 Feb 2007 7:00 PM by Darren Ward Star rating in Lytham St Annes & Ju.... 277 posts Send private message

Darren Ward´s avatar

Bob,

Although we don't cover your area, I'm very happy to advise if you have any questions

Regards

Darren Ward

Darren & Michelle R17 - No.54

www.santaana-pm.com

Like 0      
28 Feb 2007 7:26 PM by karenandjohn Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

darren

thank you so much for being so prompt e-mailing us the rental calculator,it gives me a general idea of future possibilities YOURE THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Like 0      
28 Feb 2007 7:36 PM by Darren Ward Star rating in Lytham St Annes & Ju.... 277 posts Send private message

Darren Ward´s avatar

Why thank you for saying so !!!

Seriously...happy to oblige

Darren

www.santaana-pm.com

Like 0      
01 Mar 2007 6:44 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi Darren thanks for the swift reply with the rental calculater, it will be a great help in the future planning of renting out my apartment, cheers Pat.

Like 0      
01 Mar 2007 7:48 PM by Darren Ward Star rating in Lytham St Annes & Ju.... 277 posts Send private message

Darren Ward´s avatar

Pat,

Many thanks for your kind comments

Anyone requesting the Calculator, please can you remember to attach your personal email address for me to attach the spreadsheet to.

Glad it's of use to so many.

Regards

Darren

www.santaana-pm.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Lloyds TSB UK & Spain - 3 posts
Snagging Time - 15 posts
Sharp fall in house sales to foreign purchasers on the Costa del Sol - 11 posts
CHILD´S BED FOR SALE. - 0 posts
Spanish Healthcare - 6 posts
Warning! Builder in serious trouble in Monte S.Juan - 1 posts
Ford Focus, 5 Dr, 1.6 Petrol, 3600 Euros - 6 posts
List your items for sale for free - 2 posts
I want to sell my car - 6 posts
English lawyer/ solicitor required specilising in "Spanish Law" to try and get our money back! - 26 posts
MEMBERS .. PLEASE LOOK IN HERE & TAKE NOTE. THANK YOU - 47 posts
Any Spanish people in Atlanta? - 5 posts
Guaranteed Rental Income, too good to be true??? - 36 posts
Any views on Parador - 17 posts
Las Tejas, Mogan, Gran Canaria - 8 posts
LFO for Los Lagos rejected August 16th - 3 posts
Breach of Contract - 71 posts
Breach of Contract? - 2 posts
"Pain in Spain" programme .. - 2 posts
paid a refundable deposit and not been able to get it back? - 4 posts
Website for small loads from UK - 0 posts
Snagging surveyors - 29 posts
Snagging surveyors - 0 posts
SHOPPING .. LOOK AT WHAT I FOUND - 3 posts
Personal Safety - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x