TV shows about the Costas

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Mar 2007 6:30 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
They did a show like that - or on similar lines - about expats in Dubai a few years ago, although based on expats who "lived the life".  What a load of b**ls!!  It's a shame that they always pick out the bad points - a bit like people picking out all the bad estate agents and tarring them!!  Those of us here who have our feet on the ground were so embarrassed by the whole production, and especially those (who were known to a lot of us) who seemed to show us all as having our maids follow us with the shopping trolleys around the supermarket!!

Didn't see any of the programmes (obviously, not privvy to them here), but know it's typical.  Always see the 25pc bad points and not too many of the good, I would think.

Smiley, have you got a key stuck somewhere????

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 6:33 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Smiley, your post made me laugh!!!

I have to say, on the occassions I've been in Marbella, I've not seen the likes of those women featured on TV....they obviously only come out at night!   Money can't buy class , that's for sure!

This message was last edited by Tish on 3/21/2007.

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 6:57 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Just this minute put the phone down to a mate of mine who knows her - good old ITV - apparently they could not recognise Blue's mum almost - the TV crew followed them around for months and most of what was shown was taken out of context - the dad is a very nice bloke, very down to earth and no pretentions and apparently she has worked here and in their view bloody hard although she may not be working now -  

Jan I know that normally I am not restrained in my choice of language on the site but I didnt want to keep saying ?¿¿?¿¿¿?¿ the way she did - oops the cats out of the bag done it now - how do i edit it out

This message was last edited by Smiley on 3/21/2007.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 7:10 PM by alanwspencer Star rating in Hertfordshire/Duques.... 340 posts Send private message

alanwspencer´s avatar

Didn't see the show folks but don't forget the producers will make the most outrageous programme they can. After all nobody is going to watch little Miss Average sitting in her office filing her nails complaining about the boss.  A lot of research goes into these shows to find the most extravagant characters to film. And you see it's worked we're all talking about it!

Alan

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 7:13 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Get another key stuck, Smiley!!

Tell you what, read Roberto's edition of National Geographic about Dubai and you can translate your **** into Russian and Chinese!!!

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 7:14 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Done! God I am so quick - trying to outdo Janice

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 7:19 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar

Well....it's put me off moving to Marbella! It was very similar to The Housewives of Orange County

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 7:20 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Blimey, Smiley, how innovative!!!  And so quick of the mark - Janice will be proud of you!!

Alan, totally agree!  Producer's element, basically!  Pick a subject ...... and there you go!

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 7:25 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 7:28 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Aw Sharon dont be like that - they are not all like that here - Euroyob descends on Pto Banus for the summer anyway and most of that sort of thing is confined to there - the rest of us lift our little finger when taking tea and eat cucumber sarnies with the crusts cut off - what I am trying to say is that they have focussed very much on a small minority and the programme was meant to be sensational - good old Denis Waterman with his voice of incredulity as if he could not believe it - basically what we were all thinking and simply reinforced the feeling - get yourself down here

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 7:41 PM by downsfennon Star rating. 252 posts Send private message

To be honest they were embarassing to them selves

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 7:44 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar
I'll come, just as soon as I've got my extensions in, my tan sprayed on and my nails reattached!

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 7:46 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar
I'll come, just as soon as I've got my extensions in, my tan sprayed on and my nails reattached!

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 7:53 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Nah get em done here. Marbella itself is a huge borough about the size of a large municipality in the UK - Marbella town in many respects is very very classy - the Spanish themselves can be very classy - what you saw last night tended to be concentrated on Banus which for me is a bit of a sleaze pit these days - the likes of Sean Connery are long gone and the closest thing to a celeb tends to be a premiership footballer plus the odd B lister - too many lapdancing clubs and shots bars - rents are high so prices have to match but think they may have had their day and the glitz has worn off - know a couple of business owners there trying to get out coz theyve had enough of people throwing up in their establishments - think the only way is down as more people looking for something a little different these days

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 9:46 PM by Rose1 Star rating in El Pilar, Estepona. 78 posts Send private message

Rose1´s avatar

Channel 4 are advertising on local radio for couples to do "Costa del Sol Wife Swap". I don't think they'll have much trouble finding volunteers for that down here!

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 10:52 PM by alanwspencer Star rating in Hertfordshire/Duques.... 340 posts Send private message

alanwspencer´s avatar

Rose

Did they say what you could swap your wife for? I may be interested.

Alan

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 11:02 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

I'm getting more than a bit worried about Smileys earlier post about Pink dress and little black Number!!

I'm meeting up with him next week and I've got nothing to wear! I'll just have to get into Primark before the weekend....................................

Mike T

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 11:46 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

New theme for the Marbella meet up - car keys on the table night - wife swapping what a brilliant idea.

Mike Primark gear no good down here - wait til you get here and I will take you into D&G and intro you to my personal shopper and design consultant - they will fit you head to toe - mind you I think you have big feet so no stilletoes above size 7 - you might need to get those over there

Like 0      
22 Mar 2007 8:17 AM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Smiley I must never forget what an inspiration you are to me!

By the way, I already have a personal shopper but I when I send her out to buy me a new pair of undies (which I do every year without fail) she always comes home with anything but the required item! But of course she saved a fortune on everything else she bought!! Will I ever learn?

Mike T

Like 0      
22 Mar 2007 10:41 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Not sure about the keys on the table bit - would hate to lose my expensive upmarket car!

Im also glad I didnt say yes to the producers of the programme and go on, otherwise you would know what I was REALLY like!!!

And by the sound of it Im going to have to pull something out of my wardrobe to compete with you guys next week!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Property Management - 6 posts
Lloyds TSB UK & Spain - 3 posts
Snagging Time - 15 posts
Sharp fall in house sales to foreign purchasers on the Costa del Sol - 11 posts
CHILD´S BED FOR SALE. - 0 posts
Spanish Healthcare - 6 posts
Warning! Builder in serious trouble in Monte S.Juan - 1 posts
Ford Focus, 5 Dr, 1.6 Petrol, 3600 Euros - 6 posts
List your items for sale for free - 2 posts
I want to sell my car - 6 posts
English lawyer/ solicitor required specilising in "Spanish Law" to try and get our money back! - 26 posts
MEMBERS .. PLEASE LOOK IN HERE & TAKE NOTE. THANK YOU - 47 posts
Any Spanish people in Atlanta? - 5 posts
Guaranteed Rental Income, too good to be true??? - 36 posts
Any views on Parador - 17 posts
Las Tejas, Mogan, Gran Canaria - 8 posts
LFO for Los Lagos rejected August 16th - 3 posts
Breach of Contract - 71 posts
Breach of Contract? - 2 posts
"Pain in Spain" programme .. - 2 posts
paid a refundable deposit and not been able to get it back? - 4 posts
Website for small loads from UK - 0 posts
Snagging surveyors - 29 posts
Snagging surveyors - 0 posts
SHOPPING .. LOOK AT WHAT I FOUND - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 146

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x