paid a refundable deposit and not been able to get it back?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Jan 2007 12:00 AM by ripped off client Star rating in uk. 1 posts Send private message

I am having problems with a not so ELEGANT business at the moment as they are stalling on repaying me the deposit I paid which was said tobe fully refundable. I have been waiting for about 5 months now and never get any joy from the so called director who took the money from me.

anyone else having the same problem?  6,000Euros is not a lot to wangle out of a buyer but if you are getting enough of them for one development by the beach with guaranteed rental, it sure makes a nice business holding on to other peopl's money and apparantly pays for a nice 4 week holiday to Florida over Christmas.

any clues on how to get it back apart from the obvious pestering and emails?

mike

Like 0      
31 Jan 2007 9:49 AM by red star belgrade Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

E-mail me and i may be able to help,i have been succesful in the past.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 4:21 PM by john123 Star rating. 87 posts Send private message

hi,

i paid a deposit to an agent for a plot of land i was buying in murcia.  the agent is english and lives in spain.

on the contract, and in numerous emails, the agent promised to repay the deposit if we couldn't obtain the appropriate building permissions.  when my solicitor found that the permissions would not be granted i had to pull out of the purchase.  the agent won't give me the deposit back.  unfortunately i found out, after paying the deposit, that the vendor had not signed the contract, even though my solicitor had informed me that they had. 

the agent told me that he gave half the deposit to the vendor, who lives in england.  the agent kept the other half and promised me last november that he would return it to me but, despite many phone calls and emails, still hasn't done which leads me to believe that he will not be returning my deposit. my solicitor asked the vendor if he would, voluntarily, return the half which he had but he declined to do so.

i would be very grateful for a reply.

many thanks, regards,  john allison

Like 0      
23 Feb 2007 12:09 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Get your lawye to take action this is despicable - presumably you have all e mail correspondence and confirms in writing of what you thought to be the case and the fact that deposit monies were conditional. Dont let your lawyeer simply write it off on your behalf! If all else fails lets go round the blokes house in the UK and break his legs together.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
23 Feb 2007 8:22 AM by noelandwilma Star rating in Loughborough/Porto F.... 86 posts Send private message

Careful Smiley, I take it you mean that in a rhetorical way. Of course, no-one would advocate physical violence no matter what the circumstances, would they? Or is this some new legal terminology which has not filtered down to Joe and Josephine Public yet?
Take action , yes, but do try to keep it legal.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Website for small loads from UK - 0 posts
Snagging surveyors - 29 posts
Snagging surveyors - 0 posts
SHOPPING .. LOOK AT WHAT I FOUND - 3 posts
Personal Safety - 2 posts
Importing a car into Spain tax free - 1 posts
Lo Crispen ALGORFA Geoffrey - 1 posts
Handyman for hire! - 0 posts
Malcolm - 1 posts
Malcolm - 7 posts
La Canada San Miguel - 1 posts
Spanish Festivals - 12 posts
Sant Ana Golf Jumilla(San Jose) - 5 posts
Punta Plata Apartments - Estepona - 1 posts
Habitation Licence Granted, But Apartment Not Ready. - 6 posts
Do not use - 22 posts
Planning permission - 0 posts
Habitation License - 1 posts
Webcam - 9 posts
Cudeca on Canal Sur - 0 posts
Spanish Healthcare - 4 posts
PRINCESS KRISTINA properties - 22 posts
TONIGHT " SICK IN THE SUN" REPORTS ON EXPATS IN SPAIN - 0 posts
Commercial Rentals or Market Stall in Estepona - 3 posts
Golf in the Duquesa area - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x