Alicante airport to San Javier

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Jun 2008 7:46 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Semi, Mark said he did try Econorent but they were 20€ more than DYS, come on concentrate woman.

We are SO LUCKY that we know about Econorent (booked through hirecarsinspain) though appreciated that one only operates currently from Murcia & Alicante airports.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 6/8/2008.

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 7:50 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
I did look honest

We are only hiring for 5 days and did get full/ full, so as long as it gets us to Vera and back i'm happy .

Mark

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 7:55 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
So, your car hire rental checked all your boxes then, Mark!!  You obviously are happy and that's all that counts!

But can you spell "Monty"??????  LOL!!

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 7:57 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
Not when i'm also trying to watch the Grand Prix, especially after Lewis giving Raikkonen a shove up the back .

Mark

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 8:04 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
I stopped watching then, Mark!!  How sad was that!!  I'm a Lewis fan and can't understand what happened then!  Although it's been established that it was his fault!  But why were the pit lights red????

But then, you know, funnily, I could still spell "Monty"!  How strange is that!!  And I was watching Lewis being commentated in Arabic!!  REALLY confusing!!       

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 8:16 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
Couldn't find the yah booh sux graphic

Mark

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 8:24 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
LOL!  Very good!!

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 8:54 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar
Mark,

We did this journey just a couple of weeks ago (with an over night stop in Algorfa). We picked up the A7 from the airport and (apart from the stop in Algorfa) then we picked up the AP7 just after San Javier (I think!) and then went straight through to Vera. This was the toll road and it cost us 13 euros (1.50 and 11.50). I estimate this journey would have took us 2 and a quarter hours had we not stopped overnight. It is a fabulous road with very little traffic. 

Noreen 

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 9:00 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
Thanks Noreen. Not sure which route it is going to take us. I have the sat nav set to notify of toll roads and I got no notifications? I'm not really too fussed as it is only the equivalent journey of from here to home. Will be a nice change of scenery.

Mark

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 9:00 PM by freddy Star rating. 71 posts Send private message

N332 is starting to give delays at times now.. It was never good but with the roadworks all the way to Pilar de la Horidada is nose to tail at times... Straight from the airport, pick up the AP7 ...50 mins and € 6 at the tolls.

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 10:13 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

From Guardamar to coming off at turn for Aguilas, anyone know toll costs ?

This message was last edited by morerosado on 6/9/2008.

Like 0      
09 Jun 2008 2:38 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar
Hi More

I know you've gone for your flight but you may check in once in Spain (if you visit anyone before us with access) so thought I'd post anyway. From picking up the toll road south of San Javier (which I think is around north Cartegena) to Aguilas is about €8.30

I know coming from Guardamar to San Javier the toll is a bit bitty - we seemed to have to keep paying the odd €1 every few miles for a while.

See you on the 17th

Just logged on after getting back from my 5th visit to Pulpi to sort our empadronamiento out - think we've finally managed it! Now maybe we'll be able to get our new car!!

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
09 Jun 2008 5:28 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
Why did he invent women

I asked my Wife yesterday if she wanted to come with my Son and I to Spain in July. No, can't possibly get the time off work. How about you throw a sicckie I suggest? No can't possibly do that. How about I book you a flight "just in case" as it is only £50 return? No , can't possibly do that, it would be such a waste of money. I booked the 2 seater car from the airport, booked the 2 seater transport to the airport, everything peachy.

Phone call at work today "I'm coming with you, I can get the time off".  Hey guess what? No cheap flights left which means paying over £100 for a return flight, which is the same £50 we couldn't justify spending yesterday "just in case" It now also means that the transport to the airport is more expensive than taking the car and parking .  Oh, and I have to book another car now as obviously our 2 seater is no good.

Aaaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh. I must have done something really terrible in a former life .

Mark

P.S. More, my map of the toll road says that you would be paying €8.30 from Cartagena East to Aguilas

Like 0      
09 Jun 2008 6:48 PM by superdon Star rating. 127 posts Send private message

Mark - which rental company are giving you the smart on full/full?

Like 0      
09 Jun 2008 7:01 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
I believe it was Record. Am now using Auriga as DYS were cheaper again than Econorent. Not sure on the fuel policy though as man on here have said Auriga will give full/ full. They also have a collision damage waiver, so no excesses.

Mark

Like 0      
09 Jun 2008 7:31 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

"I believe it was Record. Am now using Auriga as DYS were cheaper again than Econorent. Not sure on the fuel policy though as man on here have said Auriga will give full/ full. They also have a collision damage waiver, so no excesses.

Last time I used Auriga I was told that it had to be full/empty, even after driving it for two weeks I still bought it back with just under 1/2 tank.  I had to wait sometime for someone to check the car over and when she arrived she said she was only interested in checking if I'd returned it with a full tank

The extra insurance works out at 1 euro a day.

I've copied the thread that I'm replying to as I'm not the fastest poster.  I haven't lost the plot just can't keep up with the rest of you.

Like 0      
22 Jul 2008 4:41 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
N332 is starting to give delays at times now.. It was never good but with the roadworks all the way to Pilar de la Horidada is nose to tail at times... Straight from the airport, pick up the AP7 ...50 mins and € 6 at the tolls.

Should've asked before the day befor I go really . I take it the AP7 is quickly signposted from the airport? Which direction would I need to take please? As before, i'm sure the sat nav should sort it, but just in case .

Thanks

Mark

Like 0      
22 Jul 2008 4:56 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
Ah, good old "Jenny" (that's what I call "her" anyway). The route given on my tom Tom shows from the airport to the N338, then onto the A7/E15. I can see that toll road to Vera now .

Mark

Like 0      
22 Jul 2008 4:56 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Mark, see page 2. Haven't we sorted this out 4U yet ?

Have a great holiday.

Like 0      
22 Jul 2008 4:58 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
I knew it was there somewhere , I obviously didn't go back far enough .

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Taking dog to Spain from N>Ireland - 7 posts
I Need A Cleaner Not Key Holder That Cleans! - 9 posts
adapters to fit an imperial pipe to a metric plumbing system - 4 posts
social services - 17 posts
Hello I'm new also - 3 posts
Hi, I am New. Hello everyone - 4 posts
Care & Welfare Guide for the Costa Blanca. Spring 2008 - 0 posts
Spanish spelling of....................... - 1 posts
Transport workers strike about fuel costs - 17 posts
Speeding ticket - 12 posts
Looking for long term rental that will accept 2 dogs in Quesada or near by area - 2 posts
Heating - Gas or Electric? - 8 posts
Can you drink the water? - 32 posts
Site Clearence has started - 15 posts
Good agents on the CDS - 1 posts
Wifi - 2 posts
paying the sellers tax on a re-sale purchase - 8 posts
Phoning a Spanish mobile - 12 posts
E.O.S.VIDEO - 9 posts
New rules for empadonamiento, again - 2 posts
Morerosado is leaving - 34 posts
Ryanair to start flying from London Stansted to Madrid - 0 posts
Spanish Airport Guide Newletter - 13 posts
New Airport at Corvera - 1 posts
Agencis Tributaria Renta return - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 42

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x