How to find a good administrator?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 May 2008 12:00 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Does anyone have experience of a good administrator in the Orihuela Costa area?  I've jst joined our community committee and our administrator is very slow to respond to anything.  He was appointed by the builders San Jose who owe us a lot of money and seem to be about to go bust!

Loking for recommendations please.

Like 0      
11 May 2008 6:49 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I think Karensun's happy with theirs, Claire. Ours is s-l-o-w & I wouldn't recommend him to anyone.

Like 0      
11 May 2008 9:37 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Sent you a PM claire T      

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
12 May 2008 3:10 PM by deniseatnycs Star rating in Sol Golf Nr Villamar.... 136 posts Send private message

deniseatnycs´s avatar
Me too Claire as  our new one is very good.

Like 0      
12 May 2008 9:44 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Looking at this the other way round, how do you get rid of a bad administrator?

Ours was appointed by our developer & whilst I won't go into details, there have been many issues with them & there is growing discontent with the way that they are performimg.

Our 1st Community meeting was held in March & basically only appointed the President & 2 VPs.

We have an extraordinary general meeting in June to get everything else sorted out & voted on (yeah, I know!!!!).

Some are talking about getting rid of the existing company so my questions are - How do we go about this? How many votes do we need to call another EGM? How many votes do we need to get rid?

Any help or suggestions gratefully received.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
12 May 2008 10:35 PM by deniseatnycs Star rating in Sol Golf Nr Villamar.... 136 posts Send private message

deniseatnycs´s avatar

Hi Noreen

We had the same problem with our first Administrator four years ago, so I speak from experience.  Firstly to call an E.G.M. (Emergency general meeting) without the consent of your President (you out there correct me if I am wrong please) you will need 25 % of your Community to back you, and that is 25% who are fully paid up with their Community charges.

If your President would like to dismiss the Administrators he/she can call the E.G.M. without the need to consult or the backing of the other owners, but this I would say is not advised.  E.G.M´s cost money and conflict and I avoid them like the plague, if you have one planned for June then get this subject on the agenda, because if it is not on the agenda it can be discussed but not voted on.  

I would imagine that your Administrators are under contract, and it would be wise to check this as you may end up paying for two Administrators if you dismiss them before the contract ends.  Usually the contract will run for a year, and may be dated on the date of the Annual General Meeting you had in March.  If this is the case then let them know you are considering a change, in fact give them notice that you intend not to re-employ them, there is always the chance then that they will "perform" as you wish

Our first Administrator sent out proxy voting forms already filled in with his name to stand proxy for those owners (the majority) who could not attend the E.G.M. held to get rid of them, luckily one of our owners spotted it and faxed it back to me so we sent out our own invitations to the E.G.M.   He  then insisted on at least 51% of owners agreeing to this motion (we had 75%) under some section of the Horizontal Property Law, but when asked could not produce the section he was quoting on. 

What I am saying Noreen is that you may have a fight on your hands and they may play dirty if they want to hang on to your Urbanisation, unless like out second Administrators who actually bucked their ideas up when they realised they were on their way out. , alas too late!

There will be some excellent advice on this site and I wish you every success.

Like 0      
12 May 2008 10:37 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Denise

Many thanks for your very informative response.

It at least gives us a starting point rather than jumping in with both feet & not knowing what we are doing.

Kind Regards

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
05 Aug 2008 3:06 PM by On a mission ! Star rating in Caleta de Fuste,Fuer.... 52 posts Send private message

On a mission !´s avatar
Does anyone know of a good Adminstrator/Asesoria in Fuerteventura please ?

Any recommendations would be much appreciated !

Thanks

Audrey

Like 0      
15 Sep 2008 2:23 PM by wflem007 Star rating in Bangor, Northern Ire.... 285 posts Send private message

wflem007´s avatar
Hi all. 

Great forum - lots of good points.

We are in the Duquesa area, and our current Community Administrators are just hopeless - unco-operative and non communicative.

I would be grateful for any recommendations that you all may have for alternative companies to approach.

Sagesa is one that has been
  favourably mentioned to me but I would like at least a couple of others if possible.

Thanks

Will & Marianne

www.cotolduquesagolf.forumotion.com

www.flemingireland.com

www.scissorandclipperblades.com

Like 0      
15 Sep 2008 4:19 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
I know of another very good property manager in the area. Please contact me for details.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

buying golf clubs - 7 posts
Introducing myself to the forum - 1 posts
El Rocio - 5 posts
Anyone in Torrevieja? - 3 posts
Driving over in june - 11 posts
Cheap Flights & Accommodation ?? - 5 posts
Feisty Kitty needs new home - 2 posts
Swimming Pool Lockout - 4 posts
Van Rental in Murcia Region - 9 posts
Selling Luxury 2 Bed Apartment Los Granados De Cabopino - 1 posts
THE RAIN IN SPAIN AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 24 posts
business partner wanted - 1 posts
Information on new routes and travel news - 0 posts
Problem with changing UK car to Spanish plates - 0 posts
Seville airport - nearest place to watch Champions League final on TV? - 0 posts
All about Albatera - 12 posts
HEARING AID REPAIR - 0 posts
Marilyn from Essex and Casares - 1 posts
hello all! Hoping to move near San Sebastien - 9 posts
Freesat - 2 posts
Anyone use Friends Reunited site ? - 6 posts
washing powder - 3 posts
Regarding forum rules, can THIS be implemented, Justin ? - 8 posts
Please help the - - 4 posts
management fees community fees - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x