Where to take your rubbish !!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by Daveline Star rating in Lancashire & Orihuel.... 44 posts Send private message

Hi all,

just about to move into our apartment in Villamartin. 
I will need to dump some furniture, what is the Spanish system?Is there tip or refuse system I can take it to locally?

Thanks

Dave

Like 0      
14 Mar 2008 1:08 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Dont know specifically about Villamartin but in most areas there is a municipal tip - also can make arrangements with the rubbish collection to have specific items collected from your house at a cost but probably need to talk to the local Town Hall. Then again subject to how much traffic in the area it is amazing how much of what you consider rubbish is collected by passers by and taken away for "recycling" - manys the time I have put what I think to be totally useless alongside community bins - go back there with something else about 20 minutes later and it is like vultures have descended.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
14 Mar 2008 5:27 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Ask at your town hall, probably the "Vias Públicas" department, what the system is. In my muncipality, depending on your address they will tell you which day of the week and from what time of the day you can just leave it by the bins in the street. But as Smiley says, chances are, if you dump it at any other time, it'll be gone within minutes anyway!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
15 Mar 2008 12:29 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

You may even be able to sell it to one of the second hand furniture shops.  New2you in Mar Azul may take it.   You won't get much but it might save you the trouble of shifting it.  The numbers in the freebie papers, if you're still in UK you can access these papers online.  www.rountownnews.com is one that once you register you can read the whole paper.

I don't know if Joanne Ellis is still open in La Zenia, I think she had her van stolen so was finding it difficult to operate.

Most people seem to put it by the bins but I've been told you should ring the ayuntemiento and they send round a van to pick it up.

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 5:59 PM by vickylou Star rating in murcia. 31 posts Send private message

I know some one who will collect any rubbish you have and there really cheap.....hes very reliable as ive used him regular...hes based at pilar

Like 0      
12 Dec 2009 8:09 AM by didlydoo Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Town hall would be best option :-)

Like 0      
13 Dec 2009 6:54 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Our dishwasher stopped working, I rarely use it so decided against having it repaired and to use the space in the kitchen for a tumble dryer.

As my husband was only out for the weekend, we had to leave the machine outside the house on the Sunday.  It was on the pavement by our back wall and I was concerned that it would cause an obstruction, within 20 minutes it had been removed.

Like 0      
13 Dec 2009 8:19 AM by Jontymellor Star rating in Warrington & Cabo R.... 144 posts Send private message

I had to do the same just over the ap7 cabo roig, I placed them by the bins, but they never lasted longer than 4hrs, I did ask the president of our comunity, before though, because your neibourghs will know best, and usually will help.

Like 0      
14 Dec 2009 5:17 PM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar

We can put anything outside or inside the bins here. Things worth re-using are placed outside and magically disappear long before the pick up!

Daveil

Like 0      
15 Dec 2009 10:40 AM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

lol .. we have a family competion ... put something out and see how long before it is removed .... it's never normally very long ... but as yet we have never been able to catch someone in the act .... it's like magic!!!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

GENERAL MORTGAGE ALERT - 2 posts
Almanzora Country Club - 5 posts
Still waiting for keys for new build... way past moving in date - 7 posts
Pictures in My Rentals aren't showing correctly! - 1 posts
looking for villa in Sands Beach Resort lanzarote - 8 posts
BRAND NEW WASHING MACHINE FOR SALE - 7 posts
favor40 ???????????????? - 24 posts
Revision of catastral values in Estepona - Time is running out! - 0 posts
Hi! - 1 posts
buying - 1 posts
An Owner at Last - 11 posts
sterling to euro in spain - 1 posts
alexpat - 2 posts
75% Mortgage - 21 posts
Building Licences - 14 posts
Masa stand by - 1 posts
Wanted partner - 0 posts
sell off plan before completion - 8 posts
Buying property in Puzol - 0 posts
Change of address on vehicle registration document - 2 posts
lynnann & Steve brisas del mar/seaford - 0 posts
la Recoleta,Punta Prima - 1 posts
swimming pool size - 1 posts
Editing posts - 54 posts
Straw Donkey Roadhouse - Duquesa - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x