Still waiting for keys for new build... way past moving in date

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by davidspain Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi Guys Can anyone help? My friend was suppose to move into his new property at the end of October 07, but the build was not finished in time. He has sold up in England and is waiting to move to Spain. Have the builders broken the contract as my friend has still not moved in and it is now over three months from the agreed date. Can you please tell me if he is entitled to compensation or should they put him up in accommodation until his apartment is ready?

Like 0      
13 Mar 2008 9:35 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Hi David,

Take a look at the 'off plan Developments'  forum on this site. The name of your friend's development is probably listed there, and if so you can register (it's free) and talk to other purchasers.

If you can also let us know the development name and area of Spain where  your friend has purchased  then other members might have some information on your particular development, and be able to point you in the right direction.

Welcome to EOS 

Like 0      
14 Mar 2008 11:19 AM by davidspain Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi Sandra Thank you for replying. The property I am talking about is 'San Roque' in a small village in Heredades near Almoradi and is a new phase on an existing development. I have checked the off-plan forum, but there are no links. I also have an apartment in the same village on 'The Jennifer' development which we moved into in October 07. I hope this is useful.

Like 0      
14 Mar 2008 12:29 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

David,

Try putting a message in the 'Introductions' board entitling it 'San Roque Heredades near Almoradi' and introducing yourself.  Your question may be answered by a resident there. It's unusual that your development is not listed in the new developments section because Justin, the site owner, is usually on the ball with these lists. Have you stated the correct (official) title of the development? It might just be worth checking.

In the mean-time your friend could contact his  (hopefully  independant)  lawyer with the queries about delays and compensation.

Like 0      
14 Mar 2008 4:50 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
David

I have added the development since it wasn't on our database. If you start posting, I am sure that others will come along very soon and reply.

San Roque

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
14 Mar 2008 6:45 PM by davidspain Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thanks Susan.

Like 0      
15 Mar 2008 8:12 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Davidspain:

He is entitled to compensation or can ask for accomodation till the apartment is finished, but he needs to ask for that with the Law at hand.

Best wishes,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
15 Mar 2008 11:37 AM by davidspain Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thank you Maria. I will pass this information onto my friend and tell him to use the letter of the law!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Pictures in My Rentals aren't showing correctly! - 1 posts
looking for villa in Sands Beach Resort lanzarote - 8 posts
BRAND NEW WASHING MACHINE FOR SALE - 7 posts
favor40 ???????????????? - 24 posts
Revision of catastral values in Estepona - Time is running out! - 0 posts
Hi! - 1 posts
buying - 1 posts
An Owner at Last - 11 posts
sterling to euro in spain - 1 posts
alexpat - 2 posts
75% Mortgage - 21 posts
Building Licences - 14 posts
Masa stand by - 1 posts
Wanted partner - 0 posts
sell off plan before completion - 8 posts
Buying property in Puzol - 0 posts
Change of address on vehicle registration document - 2 posts
lynnann & Steve brisas del mar/seaford - 0 posts
la Recoleta,Punta Prima - 1 posts
swimming pool size - 1 posts
Editing posts - 54 posts
Straw Donkey Roadhouse - Duquesa - 8 posts
kathleenbaby - 63 posts
administrator and president problems - 6 posts
Updated forum rules - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x