Straw Donkey Roadhouse - Duquesa

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by lewjan62 Star rating in West Sussex / Casare.... 134 posts Send private message

lewjan62´s avatar

we ate here twice on our recent trip out and were not disappointed either time.

Good food, good price with an entertaining  Canadian owner who by his own admission is a 'little mad'.......

You will find it on the top floor of Duquesa Harbour. (to the side looking toward the Castillo)

Like 0      
11 Mar 2008 7:18 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Jan, have to agree that the Straw Donkey always delivered!  Good, wholesome food, good service and reasonable prices.  Never yet had a bad meal there!  Good Tex Mex option!!

Like 0      
03 Apr 2008 5:22 PM by Si Star rating in Lincolnshire,sold ou.... 60 posts Send private message

Si´s avatar

Great place and the owner certailnly is.. erm,  friendly..

Actually for some strange reason he reminds me of Robbie Williams

Like 0      
03 Apr 2008 7:53 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
We ate there when it very first opened. Must try it again soon.

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
05 Apr 2008 8:09 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar
Looks good and they say it's open for breakfast but never early enough for me!!!

Regards

John

Like 0      
12 Apr 2008 6:14 PM by manilvajl Star rating in Manilva as much as p.... 426 posts Send private message

Have been to there a few times and found the food is good. My daughter goes there when ever she is out in Spain as she said its good for children, but I couldn't eat a whole one.

The Canadian owner has an interesting sense of humour. They used to have a play area for kids but he had to remove it because of the insurance issue. They give the kids crayons and paper at the table while you wait for the food. We were there in Feb. with the grand children.

Also good for vegetarians.

Jeff

Like 0      
12 Apr 2008 6:22 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
So you don't have a problem eating a whole vegetarian then, Jeff???

Like 0      
12 Apr 2008 6:37 PM by manilvajl Star rating in Manilva as much as p.... 426 posts Send private message

Jan, no.

I was on a trip in Cuba a few years ago and on a day out in the national park the guide told us that we were stopping a typical farmhouse for lunch and snake was on the menu.

He told the vegetarians not to panic as they would be getting chicken!!

It was lamb stew in the end and very tasty.

Jeff

Like 0      
12 Apr 2008 6:42 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Very good!!!  Vegetarian chicken!!!

That should be a sketch! 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

kathleenbaby - 63 posts
administrator and president problems - 6 posts
Updated forum rules - 0 posts
Easter Fiestas Manilva area - 1 posts
Net curtain rods - Costa Blanca - 25 posts
Problems with the Administrator and President. - 8 posts
Thankyou Maria - 1 posts
Free to view sky packages - 6 posts
Hi can anyone tell me more about San Pedro de Alcantara and the El Campanario apartments? - 1 posts
electrical goods and lighting suppliers in spain - 1 posts
Wanted Long Term in Duquesa Area - 0 posts
Royal Park Spa Resort I Campomor - 5 posts
Los Alcazares - new here! - 1 posts
Any young english people moved to Spain?? Spanish classes?? - 0 posts
3 months medical care - 1 posts
Stationery supplies in Los Alcazares - Murcia! - 3 posts
Help -New to this! - 3 posts
Pick up from Murcia - 1 posts
British Expats in Costa de la Luz! - 2 posts
Hi Vis vests & spare bulbs - 0 posts
Expats in Costa de la Luz??? - 9 posts
Cost of living 2008 - 0 posts
New facilities on Photobucket - 14 posts
Who is liable? - 6 posts
I would like to move to Spain, advice would be appreciated. - 14 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x