New laws on dangerous dogs in Spain will cause problems

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
Since 2008, all dogs that come under the dangerous breeds act such as Pit-Bulls, Rottys, Staffies etc. will need to be muzzled and kept on a lead. That is nothing suprising in itself. However the owners will now have to pay 90 euro´s to the town hall to register them. Again this is just about acceptable as there will be paperwork to administer. The real problem comes as, under the new act, most dogs over 25kg will also need to be registered and 90 euros handed to the town hall. This is a problem, particularly in the campo. Most Spanish own a second home in the countryside and usually keep several large dogs as security. I cannot imagine the average Spanish farmer paying out 90 euros per dog. They will no doubt just turn them loose. We will see more dead dogs at the side of the road, cars will swerve to avoid them at night possibly colliding with an on-coming vehicle possibly with a fatal outcome. There will be packs of these large dogs roaming around where children play! Yet again we see another ill-conceived Spanish law with a possible devastating outcome!

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 11:01 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Or starve th poor sods to keep them under 25 kilos!

What a ridiculous law - this socalist goverment is going to be worse that the one in the uK!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 11:19 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 11:29 AM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
I think the Spanish starve them anyway Rixxy. They only visit them at the weekend. The rest of the week the poor devils have to live in hope that a stray ferral cat wanders into their garden.

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 12:15 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I hate cruelty to animals. It breaks my heart. As Gillespie says animals are going to be turned loose, I fear it too.

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 12:21 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
I own four dogs morerosado, 3 of them are in excess of 36kg. They are strays that adopted us. All are gentle loving giants and I will happily pay my 270 euros if I have too. My Spanish neighbours have about 25 dogs between them and most over the 25kg. I fear their compounds have already gone very quiet :+(

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 1:16 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
I wont make a comment about the chinese restaurants then!! SORRY!!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 1:57 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
Rixxy - "I wont make a comment about the chinese restaurants then!! SORRY!!!" Is it the year of the dog???

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 2:26 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Been a good year for me mate!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 2:29 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
Ooohh Rixxy, I can almost here that Sid James chuckle from here ;+) Let´s hope it´s an even better one SOOOOOOON!!!

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 3:07 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Bloomin eck yes! Its all work and no play at the moment, and the work isnt producing anything yet!!! Except ulcers I reckon

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
12 Feb 2008 11:14 AM by orda Star rating in Manilva Heights. 203 posts Send private message

orda´s avatar

There is an alsatian about 10 houses down that is left all day every day on the roof terrace.  It has a loud deep bark, obviously, which echoes along the alleys, plus it barks at everything that moves.  I'm sure the idiots who own it don't live there as I have never seen them, so God knows what it does for food and water, and I dread to think what a mess the terrace must be in.  The neighbours don't live there either so they are really going to suffer in the summer during their holidays.  It starts barking at 6.30 in the morning and it doesn't stop until about 11pm, when, presumably, it sleeps.  Surely there must be some kind of law to stop this kind of animal neglect and public nuisance.  When my neighbours complained about the barking at the community meeting they were verbally abused by the lady(?) of the house in question.

Like 0      
12 Feb 2008 12:14 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
That is sad, Orda, about the poor dog.  Seems it happens a lot. On our community we have a rule that owners control their dogs barking or face the consequences. We have a couple on our community, actually friends of ours, but they have two dogs, one is a male & it's this one who used to bark for long periods at anything, with the owner not telling him to stop it. A few of us had a word & the owner was very upset. However, no one fell out over it &, thankfully, the dog has been stopped from his barking. He is a gorgeous dog & no one minds him barking a bit as long as his owner tells him not to & he stops. If the lady owner of this dog causing your community problems surely you can do something, even if your rules don't cover dogs barking, which they don't seem to ? Good luck.

Like 0      
17 Feb 2008 12:30 PM by orda Star rating in Manilva Heights. 203 posts Send private message

orda´s avatar

I've just posted this on another thread about dogs.  It comes from the Cuidadanos Europeos website.

http://c-euro.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=92&Itemid=31

Are dogs permitted in a Community?

There is not general prohibition against dogs in the Law on Horizontal Ownership. But it is possible for a Community to include such a prohibition in the Statutes or the Interior Rules. But then it should be done from the very beginning, and all buyers be properly informed. It is not possible to take a decision to prohibit dogs in a Community when there are already owners with dogs.

But if an owner has a dog making noise at all hours of the day, molesting the other owners, the Community may demand that the dog-owner limit the noise or get rid of the dog.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

whats best way to go about getting a job in spain please help - 33 posts
El Gusto - Benijofar - 52 posts
After Completion - 15 posts
how do u turn on street lights - 17 posts
burgalaries - 11 posts
meds - 11 posts
Glasses for kids - 1 posts
new to site - 5 posts
PLEASE HELP!! - 6 posts
ive lost my escritura - 13 posts
John Hogan cleared of murder by a Greek court - 11 posts
Correos, the Spanish Post Office, to cut rural delivery service - 0 posts
david and ann - 1 posts
Transfer Tax - 22 posts
the castilla, lemon tree road, guadamar - 9 posts
Anyone help with Halifax???? - 6 posts
Bank repossessions - 12 posts
Inside Track - 8 posts
lessons in marbella - 3 posts
Set up fees on an existing business - 0 posts
Free flight with the new easyJet MasterCard (worth £40 inc.tax) - 5 posts
IS THIS FIRM FIT FOR PURPOSE? - 8 posts
Hello Hola! - 3 posts
Help with TV setup. - 6 posts
Data Protection - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x