how do u turn on street lights

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by saznaz Star rating in los altos and kent. 134 posts Send private message

We r completing on a new build next week and quiet a few of our neighbours have done so already We have lights that r powered by the community but we leave on a road that has street lights which apparently are operated seperately Does anyone know how to arrange for these to be turned on Regards

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 6:17 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Do you mean the street lights are council operated? If so, you will need to enquire at the Town Hall (via públicas dept., probably) about getting them connected and operating.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 6:21 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Yes, Town Hall. Why do not ask your lawyer or the developer on that?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 6:37 PM by saznaz Star rating in los altos and kent. 134 posts Send private message

Ok thanks for your help will need to go town hall when out or ask lawyer Regards Saz

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 7:30 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Sarah

I told you go to your local town hall in burgalaries  24 Jan 2008 12:11 PM & in a PM today 1/24/2008 2:38:00   "re the street lights you should go to your local town hall which would be Torrevieja".  

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 9:49 PM by saznaz Star rating in los altos and kent. 134 posts Send private message

Thanks more, there seems to b something wroung with me getting my pms all of sudden Will check everything out Thanks

Like 0      
29 Jan 2008 3:55 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Saz, I see you've bought on Dream Hills & also a member of that forum (not an EOS one) where you're asking same question. That's exactly where you should be asking, (not that you can't ask here but it's more logical to ask in your own development's forum). You're fortunate to have a forum just for your own area.

Did you find out, BTW, if lights are going to switched on ? Or why they are currently not on ? 

Like 0      
29 Jan 2008 4:06 PM by saznaz Star rating in los altos and kent. 134 posts Send private message

yeah belong to dream hills site but there are alot of neighbours that never knew about the site until i spoke to them through the EOS site

still no joy on the lights, think we have taken it up with town hall now but it seems reading other forums that the town hall wont come anywhere near the urb until it has completely finished so a bit of nightmare for us already there with the buiders still here

will keep on trying

thanks

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 9:09 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

Hi Saznaz, you might find that the lights will be turned on when people are moved in. That certainly happened on R5. I noticed while walking the dogs late in evening, that quite a few lights were on up your end before Christmas, at least on the main road.

Julia

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 9:12 PM by saznaz Star rating in los altos and kent. 134 posts Send private message

Thanks v much will speak to builder when we complete Rgds Sarah

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 11:20 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

Good luck with your completion Saznaz, hope all goes well, wish I was over there!

Julia

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 11:23 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
And saz, don't forget, try the restaurant Asturias.

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 11:39 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Don't mean to worry you saznaz but we're still waiting for our street lights to be switched on 2 and a half years after completion!!

It's ok  when there's a full moon or else it's pitch black

I think in our case they've made a hash of the cabling and haven't put it right yet so who knows when....

Best of luck with your completion and may your street lights brighten your evenings very soon.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
31 Jan 2008 7:46 AM by saznaz Star rating in los altos and kent. 134 posts Send private message

Thanks justin - hopefully ours won't take that long shall see when we r out Asuturis restaurant more thanks for that recommendation a few people have said that esp the eng brekkie for three euros - oh and of course the spanish food Julia thanks for your good wishes Not long for us now, and guess what I am getting a stinker of a cold typical Rgds Saz

Like 0      
31 Jan 2008 2:40 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Where I live they are putting in new street lights, I know have two where i normally park my car outside the back of the house and it makes it difficult to pick the right spot to get my door open.

Last trip the new lights still weren't on and the old one was off also.  Amazing how dark it made it and I had to remember to take a mini torch with me each time we went out so that we could see the lock.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2008 2:49 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Down the private road our villa is on there are 11 detached homes on each side & on the opposite side of the road to us there are just lights set in the walls which really is inadequate. Everyone who's there puts their outdoor lights on & leaves them on overnight too (the lamps' wiring was preinstalled & we each have four around the ground floor & another on the solarium).

This message was last edited by morerosado on 1/31/2008.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2008 3:10 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
"how do u turn on street lights"------------ I would wear something provocative and slink up and down until you got their attention, He he, sorry but it´s my long weekend off in 1 hours time!!

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
31 Jan 2008 3:21 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Gillespie, you need seeing to & I know just the person.  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

burgalaries - 11 posts
meds - 11 posts
Glasses for kids - 1 posts
new to site - 5 posts
PLEASE HELP!! - 6 posts
ive lost my escritura - 13 posts
John Hogan cleared of murder by a Greek court - 11 posts
Correos, the Spanish Post Office, to cut rural delivery service - 0 posts
david and ann - 1 posts
Transfer Tax - 22 posts
the castilla, lemon tree road, guadamar - 9 posts
Anyone help with Halifax???? - 6 posts
Bank repossessions - 12 posts
Inside Track - 8 posts
lessons in marbella - 3 posts
Set up fees on an existing business - 0 posts
Free flight with the new easyJet MasterCard (worth £40 inc.tax) - 5 posts
IS THIS FIRM FIT FOR PURPOSE? - 8 posts
Hello Hola! - 3 posts
Help with TV setup. - 6 posts
Data Protection - 2 posts
Hi - 1 posts
looking for hotels on E5 north of Madrid - 1 posts
help - 2 posts
mobile to mobile charges - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x