PLEASE HELP!!

Schools and Education in Spain Guide
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by valf Star rating in Dundee...Scotland. 62 posts Send private message

valf´s avatar

Hi all, I need urgent help regarding schooling for my son.He is 11years old and has global learning difficulties,therefore requires special needs teaching.I cannot seem to find any schools which can accomodate his needs.We are in Elviria but willing to travel for right placement.I am beginning to think i may have to return to uk because of lack of resources but i really dont want to as he really loves being over here. PLEASE HELP ANYONE OUT THERE WITH SOME KNOWLEDGE ON THIS SUBJECT.

THANKS X

Like 0      
23 Jan 2008 5:37 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Val

I saw your other thread special needs kids posted on January 10, to which no one responded. I hope someone can help you but I think seeing as you posted before under a thread you named special needs kids & got no response you likely won't get members clicking on PLEASE HELP!! though I really hope so.

You had asked in two threads about schools for your son so I just wonder why you went to the CDS before sorting it all out here.

Costa Del Sol 20 Jul 2007 3:42 PM
Moving soon to Spain help needed 27 Jul 2007 12:40 PM
Good luck. 

Like 0      
23 Jan 2008 5:51 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Val, yes I remember your post as well I did not reply as I would not know how to help you, did you not look into this before you moved? I have a grandaughter who is autistic and has one to one but she has had a fight to get that in England, but at least she managed it.  I do not have any idea about special needs in Spain their must be someone that can tell you, what about Social Services I know they have that.     Well keep us informed hope you do not have to come back Pat

Like 0      
23 Jan 2008 5:54 PM by valf Star rating in Dundee...Scotland. 62 posts Send private message

valf´s avatar

Hi Morerosado,

thanks for your good luck wishes.Hubby is working in Marbella,just thought i'd try the forums again on the off chance someone missed other messages.Hopefully i will get something sorted but thanks for your reply anyway.x

Like 0      
23 Jan 2008 6:09 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

It may be worth contacting the education delegation in malaga. They do speak spanish but may be able to help. To be honest I have not seen or heard of children with special needs at any of my kids schools but I will ask my daughter to ask in hers to see if she can get info

I take it the school would have to be english?

Not wanting to make things worse but I do remember a family having to relocate back to the states due to lack of facilities for their child. That was 3 years ago.

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
23 Jan 2008 9:18 PM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar

What kind of help did your son need in the U.K. ?  was he in mainstream? has he behavioural difficulties or is it dyslexia etc.? Have you presented him at the local schools yet? If he starts attending a school would they see a need and then draft in help as required? Have you tried the private sector? Is home schooling an option in Spain?

We e-mailed the new Kings College at La Torre in Murcia as we had a boy with learning and behavioural problems. We never had a reply when we asked if they had provision for special needs. I think that was because they are just setting up stage by stage. Well established schools should have facilities for different needs.

Daveil

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 9:53 AM by JNR Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi Val    I know there is a special needs school in Alhaurin el Grande...it is Spanish...so may not be what you are looking for....but they may be able to point you in the right direction. I can't remember the name of the school but I know it is in Calle Nueva..maybe a look on the town halls web site could give you contact details...

Hope this helps

JNR

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

ive lost my escritura - 13 posts
John Hogan cleared of murder by a Greek court - 11 posts
Correos, the Spanish Post Office, to cut rural delivery service - 0 posts
david and ann - 1 posts
Transfer Tax - 22 posts
the castilla, lemon tree road, guadamar - 9 posts
Anyone help with Halifax???? - 6 posts
Bank repossessions - 12 posts
Inside Track - 8 posts
lessons in marbella - 3 posts
Set up fees on an existing business - 0 posts
Free flight with the new easyJet MasterCard (worth £40 inc.tax) - 5 posts
IS THIS FIRM FIT FOR PURPOSE? - 8 posts
Hello Hola! - 3 posts
Help with TV setup. - 6 posts
Data Protection - 2 posts
Hi - 1 posts
looking for hotels on E5 north of Madrid - 1 posts
help - 2 posts
mobile to mobile charges - 3 posts
furniture - 1 posts
HELP NEEDED URGENTLY PLEASE - 33 posts
However do I get rid of unwanted emails ? Anyone with ideas other than what we're doing already ? - 19 posts
Some advice please - 4 posts
Any ideas on furniture - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x