El Gusto - Benijofar

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by SophieRF Star rating in Quesada. 62 posts Send private message

Hi all,

I just wanted to make everyone aware of a new restaurant opened in Benijofar called El Gusto, went yesturday and the food was loverly, and at a great price, 5 euros for a starter and 9 euros for a main, the food was great, decor was loverly,  and the service was good also, a lil slow, but i think with time it will get better. It was very busy for Tuesday luch and have noticed of a night it gets very busy.

Well worth a visit.

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 11:16 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi

I have friends living in Benimar 1 so I've just been chatting with them & I mentioned El Gusto in Benijofar. "V" says she thought the restaurant did a MDD so is this so ? (Lunchtime ?) She says she thinks the people are Dutch. They've not been yet but, knowing them, I doubt if it'll be long before they try it.

Apparently there's going to be a Wok buffet in Benimar so that'll put pressure on the two Chinese's already in Benimar.

Anyway, I'm deviating from the topic of El Gusto. Anything more please on it ? 

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 11:39 AM by SophieRF Star rating in Quesada. 62 posts Send private message

Hi, yes the ppl who own it are dutch and also the cooks i think. They do have a MDD i think its around 15 Euros for 3 courses. It was very nice, looks very a la carte but with reasonable prices, you should go try it, a great place to eat.

Afraid i dont know anything about a wok buffett, but i have seen some work going on by the vets by which now you have come to mention it could very well be a wok buffet.

I have tried Mr sings indian buffet on Benimar, and it was not up to very much.

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 12:15 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Sophie, whereabouts in benijofar is it? what is near it, sounds good.  Has a opticians opened   yet next to the Breeze bar?  do you know.   Thanks Pat  

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 12:18 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Pat, our friends say it's by the Cambank by cobbled area.

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 2:01 PM by SophieRF Star rating in Quesada. 62 posts Send private message

Hi Pat,

it next to the old olive tree office , on the main road through benijofar, u cant miss it. Im not sure about the optican next to the breeze bar sorry, im down that way later on if i notce i will let you know.

Enjoy!

Like 0      
29 Feb 2008 5:30 PM by scar Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi all,

The restaurant is owned by a friend off mine.

The adress from this restaurant is : Federico Garcia Lorca, 17

Maybe you know now where it is.

If you go there please say Hi from Miranda From the netherlands.

Say to them i miss them all

Like 0      
29 Feb 2008 6:10 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Miranda, I was searching for more info on El Gusto & put it into Google & saw this. Translated from the original Dutch HERE

DUTCH HERE  This interested me too.. HERE Looks like the Dutch are having a "do" there March 22nd DUTCH HERE

Like 0      
29 Feb 2008 9:07 PM by scar Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Wow Thats Great.

I Have worked for Mart in the backery, for over 4 Years.

I have a pic of the restaurant El Gusto.

Its a great design!

Nicolette is a friend of my for over 14 years,

Sorry for my English

Like 0      
29 Feb 2008 9:14 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Like 0      
29 Feb 2008 9:19 PM by scar Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thats the interior of El Gusto

Like 0      
29 Feb 2008 9:25 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Thanks Miranda, it looks fantastic & we are going to Spain this month. We have friends in Benijofar who actually live in Benimar 1 in a property just like the one in the website blog I posted, funnily enough. We should go with them one day I think.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 3/4/2008.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 8:15 PM by saznaz Star rating in los altos and kent. 134 posts Send private message

Hi is there a website pls for this C

Like 0      
18 Mar 2008 10:00 PM by wayza Star rating in wakefield & Rojales. 12 posts Send private message

wayza´s avatar
Hi could you tell me where abouts in Benijofar the restaurant is as we are new to the area and dont know all the local restaurants yet so getting decent food recommended is a must. we have a place near benijofar so somewhere close would be good.

Like 0      
24 Apr 2008 1:35 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi everyone

We went to this restaurant last Saturday. The food was absolutely fantastic and the staff there are sooooooooooooo lovely. There were ten of us and it cost us 52 euros per couple. That included a 3-course meal, 6 bottles of wine and several beers, coffee.

One of our party has a lactose intolerance and they bent over backwards to accommodate her needs. In fact that said if we had told them in advance they would have some 'something special' for her.

The chef came out to make sure we liked his food and one of the waitresses promised to help out and eat one particularly (unpronouncable) dessert if we didn't like it - she didn't even get a whiff!

It's very busy though, so you need to book in advance for weekends.

I can't wait to go back.

Irene

Like 0      
24 Apr 2008 4:26 PM by saznaz Star rating in los altos and kent. 134 posts Send private message

HI

We drove past this when we were last over cos we had seen it on here, what type of food is it, do they have a website - will definately go when we are out next - we have friends that have an apartment nearby so can stagger home

thanks

Like 0      
24 Apr 2008 5:36 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Irene, you little piggies, you.  All that booze  not to mention the delicious food.

Hope you made it back through those orange groves to Formentera.

Thanks for review. We've seen it but not been in. They also have a couple of tables outside where it would be great to while away an hour with a coffee.

Saz, no website as far as I can see.

Like 0      
24 Apr 2008 8:20 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi - no website, but my other half hopes to remedy that as that's what he does for a living!

Booze - of course not a drop passed my lips; it was all the others that drank it all!

Type of food: well, it's a mixture. I'm trying hard to remember the starters, but I opted for a main and a dessert and shared lovely bread and dips with one or two others. My other half had stuffed mushrooms for a starter. For my main course I had lamb cooked in a sauce with prunes and it was absolutely delicious. There were kebabs, loads of other meat and fish dishes, salads and potato options. I cannot pronounce or spell the dessert I had, but it was described as a Dutch cookie with a chocolate and cream sauce. The best I can do is if you think of Ben & Gerries cookies and cream but with more substance, then that describes the first part and in a small shot glass was this wonderful chocolate and cream sauce. Starters were around 5 euros and mains between 9 and 15 euros, but I can't remember what the desserts cost.

We really struck lucky because we shared the restaurant with the Buffs who were having some sort of celebration dinner and had laid on a singer, so we joined in the singing and dancing.

The walk through the orange groves both there and back took only about five minutes longer than those who were transported by car (not lazy, but health reasons), and it helps build up an appetite on the way there and made me feel less guilty about eating so much by walking it off on the way back!

Cheerio

Irene

Like 0      
27 Apr 2008 5:05 PM by saznaz Star rating in los altos and kent. 134 posts Send private message

thanks v much for this sounds great, is it dutch then?

Like 0      
27 Apr 2008 11:36 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

I wouldn't say the food was Dutch, it was more multi-racial than that. It was just the final dessert that was definitely Dutch.

Irene

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

After Completion - 15 posts
how do u turn on street lights - 17 posts
burgalaries - 11 posts
meds - 11 posts
Glasses for kids - 1 posts
new to site - 5 posts
PLEASE HELP!! - 6 posts
ive lost my escritura - 13 posts
John Hogan cleared of murder by a Greek court - 11 posts
Correos, the Spanish Post Office, to cut rural delivery service - 0 posts
david and ann - 1 posts
Transfer Tax - 22 posts
the castilla, lemon tree road, guadamar - 9 posts
Anyone help with Halifax???? - 6 posts
Bank repossessions - 12 posts
Inside Track - 8 posts
lessons in marbella - 3 posts
Set up fees on an existing business - 0 posts
Free flight with the new easyJet MasterCard (worth £40 inc.tax) - 5 posts
IS THIS FIRM FIT FOR PURPOSE? - 8 posts
Hello Hola! - 3 posts
Help with TV setup. - 6 posts
Data Protection - 2 posts
Hi - 1 posts
looking for hotels on E5 north of Madrid - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 53

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x