ive lost my escritura

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by buby Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hello, Does anyone know how much it costs to get another copy of an escritura as i have lost mine. Regards mark

Like 0      
23 Jan 2008 4:57 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Mark

I assume you do still have a copia simple so you can prove ownership ? Don't you think contacting Land Registry office relevant, they'll advise. Ask your lawyer ! The escritura (your property deeds) are very important & should be with your lawyer. (That's why ours is in a box of stuff to do with Spain, under our spare bed I must take my own advice.)

Like 0      
23 Jan 2008 5:02 PM by buby Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hello Thanks for the info.Regards mark

Like 0      
23 Jan 2008 6:05 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
You can ask at the notary office where you originally signed. They will charge you but Im not sure exactly how much - maybe 100 euros or less. And it will be an official copy.

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
23 Jan 2008 6:12 PM by buby Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

thanks for that advice.Regards mark

Like 0      
23 Jan 2008 6:56 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

http://www.spanishpropertyweb.com/P/Purchase.htm

Taken from above .. (as Rixxy mentioned)

Escritura Publica.
The most basic paper of all is your title deed. This shows the registered owner on record with an incontestable title. The original title deed is always filed at the Notary, so you will receive an authorised copy. Unlike some systems of property registration, in Spain it is not the piece of paper itself which counts but it is the inscription in the Registro de la Propiedad, the property registry office. If you lose your deed, you can always get another copy from the Notary. Listed on the inscription in the property registry are any liens, charges or mortgages against the property. Back taxes however are not listed. A prospective purchaser will need to get a Nota Simple from the registry, which is an extract showing the basic information and any charges against the property. However, it would be wise to see a copy of the full title deeds as well.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 1/23/2008.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2011 11:05 PM by coleen Star rating. 84 posts Send private message

Hi all,

An elderly friend of ours is trying to sell his apartment.  The only trouble is that he cannot produce the escritura and he tells me that he cannot now be sure if he ever had it.  He does not feel he can return to Spain and as I live in Spain, he has asked if I can try and get it for him.  But, as I said to him, I can hardly tip up at the notary and expect them to hand me a copy.  Can anybody tell me the procedure please?

Like 0      
25 Feb 2011 11:21 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

You, or your friend, needs to contact a solicitor.  They can access escrituras online now.  Quite a simple procedure.  Ask your friend who their original solicitor was and proceed from there.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2011 9:10 AM by JohnKath Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

Why would you want to incur solicitors costs? The whole system in Spain is designed to work without them.

First go to the local land registry in your town and ask for a Nota simple for the property (anyone can have one of these for any property they are interested in). Costs about €10

Take this to the Notary where the property was purchased and they will be able to print you an authorised copy of the original which never left their office and is available on their server. See earlier post. Should cost less than €100.

You can get most property information online at the Land Register some is free and some has to be paid for.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2011 9:18 AM by peteha Star rating. 110 posts Send private message

To save costs ask for a Copia Simple at the notary where it was

originally signed.

I have just done it for no charge

They usually only charge if you want it Notarized (signed by the Notary)

this will be about 100 euros.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2011 12:14 PM by coleen Star rating. 84 posts Send private message

Wow, that's a brilliant help.  Thank you one and all!

I have actually got his 'Nota Simple Informativa' and his name and NIE number is on it.

So does the team think ... that he is OK with that as proof of ownership.  And that presumably he will only need the Notarized version when he sells it.

Thanks!

Like 0      
26 Feb 2011 12:53 PM by JohnKath Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

No there is a list of documents that you have to give to the agent when you place the property for sale.

But of course this is Spain so nobody does!

Like 0      
26 Feb 2011 1:28 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

It's a while since I sold a property (without using a solicitor, by the way!) so of course things may have changed, but I thought that an up to date (no more than 3 months old) informativa was sufficient? If you don't have an up to date one, you can order one online from the land registry here: https://www.registradores.org/registroVirtual/init.do Used to cost about 15 euros I think.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
26 Feb 2011 5:00 PM by jek Star rating. 249 posts Send private message

jek´s avatar

JohnKath "No there is a list of documents that you have to give to the agent when you place the property for sale.

But of course this is Spain so nobody does!"

Not correct.  In many parts of Spain, it is true that there is no law regulating the real estate industry and anyone may, quite legally, act as an intermediary in property sales. However, the Regional Government in Andalucia passed legislation in 2005 which affords purchasers a considerable amount of protection. Under Andalucía Decreto 218/2005, an estate agent must now provide details specified in the decree free of charge in respect of every property that they are offering for sale or rent.

This includes a breakdown of the total cost including the seller's price, the agent's fees, taxes and other costs; documentary evidence of ownership and details of any mortgage, other charge or embargo on the property through a copy of an up to date extract from the Property Registry; copies of latest Council tax bill and community charges if they apply. They also must display prominently in their offices at least two notices explaining customers' rights.

So if you are in Andalucia you can expect to be asked for documentation the day an agent takes on your property.  But a nota simple should suffice - doesn't ask for the escritura.  This is because an escritura only proves that you own the property on a certain date.  There may well be subsequent escrituras.  But don't use an agent who doesn't show the decreto notices. He is in breach of the law and liable to a substantial fine if reported.  Plus any knowledgeable purchaser will give such an agent a wide berth anyway.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

John Hogan cleared of murder by a Greek court - 11 posts
Correos, the Spanish Post Office, to cut rural delivery service - 0 posts
david and ann - 1 posts
Transfer Tax - 22 posts
the castilla, lemon tree road, guadamar - 9 posts
Anyone help with Halifax???? - 6 posts
Bank repossessions - 12 posts
Inside Track - 8 posts
lessons in marbella - 3 posts
Set up fees on an existing business - 0 posts
Free flight with the new easyJet MasterCard (worth £40 inc.tax) - 5 posts
IS THIS FIRM FIT FOR PURPOSE? - 8 posts
Hello Hola! - 3 posts
Help with TV setup. - 6 posts
Data Protection - 2 posts
Hi - 1 posts
looking for hotels on E5 north of Madrid - 1 posts
help - 2 posts
mobile to mobile charges - 3 posts
furniture - 1 posts
HELP NEEDED URGENTLY PLEASE - 33 posts
However do I get rid of unwanted emails ? Anyone with ideas other than what we're doing already ? - 19 posts
Some advice please - 4 posts
Any ideas on furniture - 2 posts
Monarch flights sale - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x