Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Aug 2008 12:20 AM by Samantha3907 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Removed at poster's request **

Like 0      
15 Aug 2008 12:44 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Sam, why exactly is El Gusto a "Very very very bad restaurant......" ?

1) Because it was closed on Wednesday ????  Is that their normal day of closing  as restaurants in the area close on different days though most tend to close on a Monday, granted.

2) Because "there was I think... 10 people"  ??  

However does that make El Gusto a "Very very very bad restaurant...... ??

Like 0      
15 Aug 2008 9:36 AM by teddybear Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Cannot believe you are being so negative about El Gusto I can only find good words to say about the whole place, the atmosphere, the food, the staff - one of the best restaurants I have been in since buying my place in Spain.

Like 0      
15 Aug 2008 11:42 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Well I have spoken to a few people that have been to El Gusto they all have said how great it is, I cannot comment myself as we have never been.       But will give it a go next time out.   Pat

Like 0      
15 Aug 2008 12:03 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar
We've been to El Gusto and loved it - the food, the ambience and the staff!

Irene

Like 0      
15 Aug 2008 12:08 PM by teddybear Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

We loved the presentation of the food and the night we were in Benijofar there was a fiest which added to the fun

Like 0      
15 Aug 2008 12:49 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
We intend going next month for a MDD.  (Wish that Sam would justify her comments !! ) But then

We all realise it's a great find.

Like 0      
15 Aug 2008 2:00 PM by teddybear Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Nice one - keep up the good attitude - love your wee "am I bovvered" slogan

Like 0      
15 Aug 2008 2:11 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

It's hard enough, these days, to start up a business and to build up a customer base.

So it's important to qualify negative comments with reasons.

Could certain people be working for " a competitor"????

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
15 Aug 2008 2:20 PM by teddybear Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

You may be right - there are quite a few restaurants in Benimar which may suffer from this opening

Like 0      
15 Aug 2008 3:17 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes I wondered that as well, but I do not think a remark like that will put people of trying it for themselves.   In fact it could make you more curious to find out That is my take on it.  So it could be good publicity for them.   Pat  

Like 0      
15 Aug 2008 3:23 PM by teddybear Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Yip once tried don't think you will forget it or maybe I am a bit biased cos I had such a lovely time there - we went back two or three times - meaning to have different dishes but each time ordering the same cos it had been so nice.  Lovely coffee as well

Like 0      
19 Sep 2010 6:43 PM by rigpig Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Sorry to reply to such an old thread but I was searching for an El Gusto website which sadly they still don´t have.

It´s a shame to see so many negative comments in here (as well as the positive)

I have been to El Gusto around a dozen times over the last couple of years, It is simply the best restaurant around the local area and can only possibly be beaten by Cote Jardin which is superb but more expensive (This is not a criticism their ingredients are exceptional)

I have taken numerous friends and family to El Gusto an withot a single exception it has been fantastic on every visit, every single person I have introduced to the restaurant has since gone back many times and taken their friends and family. I can´t think of a better recommendation.

The food is excellent, the decor tasteful, the service superb and the prices very reasonable. I think it´s a family owned business which always makes a difference.

It´s light years in front of the many many many mediocre restaurants that we have wasted time and money on. Just try it I would be extremley surprised if anyone was not delighted. And as for the kids room, what a great Idea!. Reading through the thread I think people missed the point. Kids are very welcome, they eat with their parents and if they WANT to go and play then it´s totally up to them.

Regards, Tim.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

After Completion - 15 posts
how do u turn on street lights - 17 posts
burgalaries - 11 posts
meds - 11 posts
Glasses for kids - 1 posts
new to site - 5 posts
PLEASE HELP!! - 6 posts
ive lost my escritura - 13 posts
John Hogan cleared of murder by a Greek court - 11 posts
Correos, the Spanish Post Office, to cut rural delivery service - 0 posts
david and ann - 1 posts
Transfer Tax - 22 posts
the castilla, lemon tree road, guadamar - 9 posts
Anyone help with Halifax???? - 6 posts
Bank repossessions - 12 posts
Inside Track - 8 posts
lessons in marbella - 3 posts
Set up fees on an existing business - 0 posts
Free flight with the new easyJet MasterCard (worth £40 inc.tax) - 5 posts
IS THIS FIRM FIT FOR PURPOSE? - 8 posts
Hello Hola! - 3 posts
Help with TV setup. - 6 posts
Data Protection - 2 posts
Hi - 1 posts
looking for hotels on E5 north of Madrid - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 53

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x