Endessa Online help please

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Has anyone successfully managed to register with online billing from Endessa from within the UK please? I am trying (and failing miserably) to fill in the online form but hit the following errors.

1) What is the contract number?

2) Where do I find the last bill number?

3) What is surname 2?

4) What can I use as a contact telephone number? Uk numbers come back as not valid, no matter how it is formated.

Many thanks

Mark

Like 0      
03 Jan 2008 5:58 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

No- one is online with Endessa Sevillana here?

Mark

Like 0      
04 Jan 2008 10:48 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi Mark

Never tried their online billing facility.

Have you ever had a physical bill from them?  The contract number appears on there.

The Spanish have two surnames (the mother's and the father's).  If you don't have one then leave it blank, or put your middle name as surname 1 and your surname as surname 2.

Do you have a Spanish mobile number that you can use? 

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
04 Jan 2008 2:51 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Hi Justin

I have a bill in front of me, but can't make out which of the many is the contract number. I am offered Contrato de Suministro  no(I think this is ti), Factura No and Ref.

I don't have a middle name and the surname 2 is a compulsory field. The bill shows my full name but won't allow me to only input the two . I have emailed Sevillana, but no response in the last 5 days, and probably none for a few days more, what with the Kings and all.

No Spanish mobile yet, forgot to go that when we were over!

Mark

Like 0      
04 Jan 2008 3:16 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
The "Contrato de suministro" is your contract number.

Not sure what you can do about the name bit

I have to say that dealing with Sevillana and their systems can often be more frustrating than dealing with Telefonica.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
04 Jan 2008 4:04 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I shall have to see if I can get around it somehow!!

Thanks

Mark

Like 0      
07 Jan 2008 9:17 PM by sunnyside Star rating in UK/Duquesa. 95 posts Send private message

sunnyside´s avatar

I have been reading this with interest as I too will be wanting to look at bills online.

We have recently contracted for the electricity and I have noticed a direct debit on our bank account of 235 euro from Endesa.  Is this a installation fee? and a one off, I hope!!

I have yet to get a bill and not sure where they will be sent, either Spain or to us in the UK.  Our solicitor set it up for us but I assume they are closed for the holidays as I am waiting for her to get back to me regarding this.

Thanks.

Like 0      
07 Jan 2008 9:31 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Our bills are sent to our UK address, although our first one arrived about one week after funds had already been taken.

Mark

Like 0      
08 Jan 2008 2:42 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
sunnyside, the 235 Euros is the cost of the meter and the installation.  It is a one-off cost.

Bills are ALWAYS sent after they take the money....makes budgeting really good fun

Justin

Like 0      
08 Jan 2008 4:00 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I have to wonder why we were only charged 50€ for connection. There was a bill in our letterbox going back to July 2006 (when the complex was finished) but the apartment sale never completed. Maybe Endessa charged the person that was going to buy the full cost back in 2006 and us only a re- connection fee? I did ask our solicitor about it and he said it definitely is a new build and not a resale and also that Key Mare couldn't test the white goods as there was no power supply .

Who knows!!!

Mark

Like 0      
08 Jan 2008 6:24 PM by sunnyside Star rating in UK/Duquesa. 95 posts Send private message

sunnyside´s avatar
Thanks, glad to hear it's a one off.  WHEN I get the bill will then have a go at looking up the account online!!

Like 0      
19 Jan 2008 10:39 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Just received a postal bill today, direct debit leaves on Monday, so at least I got some advance notice! The bill is from 26/11/07- 14/01/08.

Trying to decipher it, I have:

termino de potencia (I finish of power)  5.75kwx 1.63 messes x 1.606007 eur    15.08

termino de energia  (I finish of energia)  183kwh x 0.091148 eur                             16.88

The literal translations from babel fish are confusing me somewhat. Can I assume that the termino de potencia is the standing charge and that the termino de energia is the unit cost? 183kwh in a 10 day period? Wow, it could be a bit on the expensive side staying ther in a colder winter!!

Mark

Like 0      
20 Jan 2008 8:14 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Mark, you've interpreted it properly.  One is a the montly fee and the other is the usage.

We've just had our Christmas bill and having had all the electric heaters on it's not pretty!

Justin

Like 0      
06 Feb 2008 2:00 PM by sunnyside Star rating in UK/Duquesa. 95 posts Send private message

sunnyside´s avatar

Have now got a paper bill and tried to register for the online billing.  Get so far and then it keeps coming up

Contract No. invalid.  How Many digits are there in it please, mine has 11 or am I looking at the wrong number?

Help please!!!

Like 0      
06 Feb 2008 5:48 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Mine's 11 digits too! Just below this on the bill is a reference number, same as contract no. but with a slash and 4 more digits - have you tried that? Or there's a CUPS number, no idea what that is, but it's 22 digits. Maybe try your meter (contador) number? Sorry, can't be any more help, as I'm not registered online either.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 1:59 PM by sunnyside Star rating in UK/Duquesa. 95 posts Send private message

sunnyside´s avatar

Hi Roberto

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried all the numbers on the bill (it comes up: maximum characters 12).  Does the contract no. change with each bill 'cos the bill I am using is the one I got for the installation in December and there has been another payment taken out of our account by direct debit at the beginning of this month and I haven't got that bill yet?

I may try phoning them but my Spanish is limited to say the least!!!!!!!!!

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 7:15 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Sorry, can't offer anything else. Just looked at another contract I have, and it has 10 digits in the contract number, so I'm at a loss. You could try ringing for advice, and don't be afraid to ask to speak to someone in English - you may have to hold for a while, but I'm fairly sure they'll find someone.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 7:21 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I'm going back out at the weekend for the week. I will try and get some sense out of anyone while there.

Mark

Like 0      
12 Feb 2008 4:05 PM by gericom99 Star rating in Offaly, Ireland / Ca.... 270 posts Send private message

gericom99´s avatar
As far as I can make out the Contrato de Suministro no. is your permanent contract no. and in my case consists of 11 digits and this number must be input online.   The reference no. is a repeat of this number plus a slash and a number for month reference e.g. 1008 being I guess Oct. 08. for when the bill was issued so this number is not required online. The other number required to register online is the Factura no. of your last or penultimate bill - my efforts to register online so far have failed because I cannot supply the number of my last bill, never having received it! I am in correspondence with Endesa to see if I can overcome this.

Like 0      
12 Feb 2008 5:47 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

And good luck with that, because Endesa will no doubt just shrug and pass the buck to the Post Office.

I recieved a notification by post yesterday (11th February) that my electricity supply will be cut off if I do not rectify the arrears on my account. The notification was marked "certificado" (certified) but it was left in my post box and I (nor anybody else) was asked to sign for it, so I could rightfully claim to have never received it - not that I expect that would do me any good. This notice was issued - on JANUARY 2nd !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fortunately it allows me another month or so to put the situation right. I actually paid the outstanding amount on January 2nd, and a quick 'phone call to Sevillana confirmed that all bills are paid up to date and I can ignore this notice, which was obvioulsy automatically generated since I missed the final payment date on the bill. The last payment date was December 31st - but I didn't receive that bill until January 2nd, even though it was issued December 10th.

I have had similar problems with Telefonica bills arriving too late to pay, but Telefonica are not as sympathetic - they cut you off the date of final payment, and then charge you €15 to re-connect. I now get my Telefonica bills online, and it looks like I may have to do likewise with Sevillana. All because the Spanish Post office is so utterly useless.

I still like to pay my bills in cash, in person at a bank or Post Office, rather than by direct debit. Why? Because I have so little faith in my bank, since in the past they have either failed to pay bills on time, or paid them twice, but never want to accept responsibilty for the consequences. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Que será, será!

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Waxing lyrical about the city of Murcia yet again - 3 posts
A Happy Spain Experience - 43 posts
Looking for good property with potential - 19 posts
Long term let required on Roda Golf Resort! - 0 posts
Looking for long term let on Roda Golf Resort - 3 posts
Benalmadena ice rink - 7 posts
New road to Alicante Airport from Altea and North - 5 posts
Anyone heard of Compo & Sol? (see link) - 0 posts
Call costs to the UK - 3 posts
Wanted.. Accommodation in Benalmadena - 0 posts
Wanted..2+bed accommodation in Benalmadena near Arroyo de la Miel.. - 0 posts
Any recommendations for eating places in Mojacar/Turre/Garrucha/Los Gallardos ? - 36 posts
Happy New Year - 11 posts
Christmas in San Cayetano - 4 posts
Importing a UK car to Spain - 13 posts
Litani B&B near Pinoso - 3 posts
Hello from Lancashire, soon to be Pinoso :-) - 2 posts
Boats - 13 posts
Diesel in spain - 12 posts
Tapas Bar - 0 posts
Golf shops - 3 posts
ADSL in La Drova - 0 posts
NEW YEAR - 0 posts
completion costs (mortgage) - 4 posts
Healthcare and civil partnerships - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 38

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x