Benalmadena ice rink

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
The Benalmadena ice rink was closed down recently due to an outbreak of legionnaires disease.

Does anyone know if it's open again?

Thanks

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
04 Jan 2008 10:54 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
If anyone is interested I managed to call the Ice rink and they are closed and don't know when they will reopen. Shame since I was quite looking forward to some ice skating but I hear that there is a rink in the Sierra Nevada. Does anyone know of it?

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
10 Jan 2008 9:29 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I think I read somewhere that they are abandoning any plans to re-open as an ice rink, and will be turning it into, I think, a swimming pool. Or is there already a pool attached? Can't remember. Don't know anything about a rink in Sierra Nevada.

That was a really useful reply, wasn't it?!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
10 Jan 2008 9:50 PM by DoubleJ Star rating in Las Alpujarras and L.... 143 posts Send private message

DoubleJ´s avatar

You are right Susan, there is a rink at the Sol y Nieve Ski Resort in the Sierra Nevada (also known as the village of Pradollano) .

It's 7,50€ per hour (6,50 for kids) including the rental of the skates

Telephone: +34-958 481 369

Regards

Like 0      
17 Jan 2008 5:29 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

CDS News today reported that plans are being made to re-open the rink, once the cooling tower that was the source of the Legionnaire's Disease is replaced.

On the same page, I couldn't help noticing this headline: Nerja Caves lose over 5,000 visitors in a year. Won't be going there in a hurry, then!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 4:37 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Today's Sur in English reports that the Ice Skating Club is going to start offering belly dancing classes. It doesn't say whether this will be belly dancing on ice or not. Either way, I think I can see Justin taking up the challenge.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 6:53 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I dunno about belly dancing on ice but this young guy does wonders for me.

Like 0      
27 Jan 2008 8:32 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Am I missing something?!  If there's no ice rink where do the "ice skating club" skate??  Can't be a very active club

Justin

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New road to Alicante Airport from Altea and North - 5 posts
Anyone heard of Compo & Sol? (see link) - 0 posts
Call costs to the UK - 3 posts
Wanted.. Accommodation in Benalmadena - 0 posts
Wanted..2+bed accommodation in Benalmadena near Arroyo de la Miel.. - 0 posts
Any recommendations for eating places in Mojacar/Turre/Garrucha/Los Gallardos ? - 36 posts
Happy New Year - 11 posts
Christmas in San Cayetano - 4 posts
Importing a UK car to Spain - 13 posts
Litani B&B near Pinoso - 3 posts
Hello from Lancashire, soon to be Pinoso :-) - 2 posts
Boats - 13 posts
Diesel in spain - 12 posts
Tapas Bar - 0 posts
Golf shops - 3 posts
ADSL in La Drova - 0 posts
NEW YEAR - 0 posts
completion costs (mortgage) - 4 posts
Healthcare and civil partnerships - 1 posts
PLAYING GOLF ON LA TORRE - 0 posts
Pleased to meet you! - 0 posts
search all cheap flights at once - 8 posts
The Queen Victoria - 0 posts
Merry Christmas - 0 posts
Thanks to Maria de Castro - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x