Waxing lyrical about the city of Murcia yet again

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by gillian Star rating in Colchester and Altea.... 187 posts Send private message

Hi there,

I know I have written before about the delights of Murcia City but here I am again - what a joy.

I have been before in the late summer but visited this time between Christmas and New Year. Not only is it a beautiful city in terms if its architecture (which is stunning ) but the shops are wonderful - not that John would necessarily share my enthusiasm for shopping  but he enjoyed the constant stops at great cafes,bars etc. But ....if like me you love to hit the shops then dont miss all those little lanes filled with treasures -  my post Christmas bank balance didn't quite match my enthusiasm but at least I could dream !

The atmosphere was a delight with lots of families enjoying the winter sunshine and lots of street entertainment.Its a drive of about one and a half hours from Altea  for all you 'North of Alicante' people - but well worth the effort and easy on the motorway.Its probably best to have a 'Tom Tom' for finding a car park though as on our first trip we parked on the roadside thinking it was fine as there were other cars but we got a hefty parking fine.

If you enjoy cities then go for it  -I doubt you would be disappointed !

Best Wishes

Gilly & Ralph

Like 0      
02 Jan 2008 6:22 PM by DoubleJ Star rating in Las Alpujarras and L.... 143 posts Send private message

DoubleJ´s avatar

Gilly,

Totally agree with you regarding Murcia. It's a wonderful city to get lost in, a real mix of small winding streets and contemporary shops.

I really like sitting under the huge ficus tree in the Plaza de Santo Domingo with a large (and expensive) ice cream from the shop on the corner (I think it is a Haagen Das ?)

Nice to hear about places away from the Costas.

Regards

Like 0      
02 Jan 2008 6:27 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Gilly, John and JJ

We have been promising ourselves a visit to Murcia City and almost did when we turned into it by mistake en route to Ikea and Neuva Condominia. Glad we did, the little we saw looks fabulous so now all the furniture shopping and hard work is over we will definitely be going on our next trip. Cartegena and Cabo de Palos is lovely too. The boat trip over to La Manga is well worth a go. So many places to visit in the future. Can't wait

Like 0      
06 Jan 2008 11:09 PM by BlueChip Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Only been there once, but I agree its a beautiful city.

Be sure to have dinner at El Rincon de Pepe and a pre dinner drink in the basement bar - superb!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

A Happy Spain Experience - 43 posts
Looking for good property with potential - 19 posts
Long term let required on Roda Golf Resort! - 0 posts
Looking for long term let on Roda Golf Resort - 3 posts
Benalmadena ice rink - 7 posts
New road to Alicante Airport from Altea and North - 5 posts
Anyone heard of Compo & Sol? (see link) - 0 posts
Call costs to the UK - 3 posts
Wanted.. Accommodation in Benalmadena - 0 posts
Wanted..2+bed accommodation in Benalmadena near Arroyo de la Miel.. - 0 posts
Any recommendations for eating places in Mojacar/Turre/Garrucha/Los Gallardos ? - 36 posts
Happy New Year - 11 posts
Christmas in San Cayetano - 4 posts
Importing a UK car to Spain - 13 posts
Litani B&B near Pinoso - 3 posts
Hello from Lancashire, soon to be Pinoso :-) - 2 posts
Boats - 13 posts
Diesel in spain - 12 posts
Tapas Bar - 0 posts
Golf shops - 3 posts
ADSL in La Drova - 0 posts
NEW YEAR - 0 posts
completion costs (mortgage) - 4 posts
Healthcare and civil partnerships - 1 posts
PLAYING GOLF ON LA TORRE - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x